Help me live my dream to open a bistro in Salem, Oregon

  • mama2dylan13
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2012
      I have worked at Queen of Tarts Bakery & Café for the past 5 years since Dec. of 2006. In October of 2011 I lost my job at Queen of Tarts café after 5 loyal and very happy years. I loved that little cafe and every customer that walked through that door. The owner and my dear friend (Jamie Schulte) lost her bakery lease and had to relocate to Eugene with her family. I am currently on unemployment and devoting all of my time toward opening a new bistro here in Salem. Meanwhile, I have been working very hard on creating a logo, business plan, menu, my proposal, and on-line networking sites. I met with Scott Sadler from SBDC and signed up to attend 4 classes for entrepreneurs this month.

      What: I hope to open my bistro either in the Salem public library or the surrounding Salem area. I chose the name "Stone Soup Bistro". The name derives from a folktale. The folktale's moral promotes the virtues of sharing with the less fortunate in a close-knit community.
      Where: I hope to open the proposed bistro in the same spot that once housed Queen of Tarts on the Plaza level of the Salem public library in Salem, Oregon or elsewhere in Salem.

      When: The City of Salem's Contracts and Procurement Division contacted me to say they will be sending me the proposal soon to be considered for the café at the library. Let me make it clear that in the event the city does not accept me from their list of prospects, I plan to continue to pursue my dream of opening a bistro somewhere in Salem. There is a chance that my proposal will not be accepted by the city. Other people are submitting a proposal to own the cafe and the screening process is a fair one. If my proposal is not accepted by the city I plan to continue to pursue my dream of opening a bistro in Salem, regardless.

      How: For as long as I can remember I have dreamed about opening my own small restaurant. Now I have the opportunity to make that dream come true by working for myself serving the community and creating recipes. I have financing for some of this endeavor; however I still need more help. You can help me realize my dream by donating funds toward the opening of this bistro. $5,000 in 60 days is my goal. If I succeed I will be employing 2 people who are currently unemployed. I know that not everyone has the ability to give, but if you even have the ability to share my cause with friends and family, it will make a difference.

      What You Get: I'll offer unique perks to my contributors for contributions in the following increments; $10, $25, $50, $100, $500, $1,000, $2,500. Please go to http://www.indiegogo.com/Stone-Soup-Bistro/ to view my campaign & video and to make a contribution or simply leave a comment.

      My sincerest thanks,
      Roxie Peronne