HalfPint Too hulls now available

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 8, 2011
      I'm pleased to announce that Craig Huzway is offering plastic hull and deck moldings for my HalfPint Too. The prototype for HalfPint Too did very well at the Region 1 championship. You can see pics of her in the Photos section...she is number 427.

      Craig will send the hull, the deck, and a set of template drawings for the foils and internal braces I used in building my boat. The drawings aren't too sophisticated...I just traced the parts I used. A rig diagram is there, too, as well as some pics of my build. I think the package should be sufficient for anyone with reasonable skills to duplicate my boat.

      If you're looking for an inexpensive Footy that handles great and is easy to build, contact Craig at huzway@....

      In case anyone is wondering, this is not a commercial venture for me, and I don't make any money from it. I'm working with Craig to provide the class with an inexpensive way to get a nice hull, hoping it will encourage more people to build Footys.

      Keep thinking inside the box.......Bill
    • craig
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 8, 2011
        So this is where all the emails are coming from...Thank you Bill.
        Yes I'm ready and willing to get some hulls and decks out.
        To be a bit more specific they are HIPS = high impact polystyrene.
        For Wood parts scuff the plastic and glue with epoxy or CA.
        always scuff first!
        styrene to styrene use MEK or testers the thinner the better.
        a little goes a long way!
        a lot makes a mess!
        The hull is .030" thickness
        Deck is .020" thickness
        I'll get weights out next time I make a batch.

        Like Bill in case anybody is wondering this is just a hobby for me.
        My boat of choice is the RG65. I just happened upon making these.
        It does get me some "Beer" money but that is not my goal here.
        I did this system for myself.
        CAD Programing and CNC machining make a great hull!
        As long as I can keep up, it is too good not to share with the Footy and the RG65 classes that I do. I'm very happy with what I do and I hope I continue to hear good things back from you.
        Happy Building and a special Thank you Bill keep up the good work.
        Craig Huzway

        --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <billhagerup@...> wrote:

        > I'm pleased to announce that Craig Huzway is offering plastic hull and deck moldings for my HalfPint Too. The prototype for HalfPint Too did very well at the Region 1 championship. You can see pics of her in the Photos section...she is number 427.
        >
        > Craig will send the hull, the deck, and a set of template drawings for the foils and internal braces I used in building my boat. The drawings aren't too sophisticated...I just traced the parts I used. A rig diagram is there, too, as well as some pics of my build. I think the package should be sufficient for anyone with reasonable skills to duplicate my boat.
        >
        > If you're looking for an inexpensive Footy that handles great and is easy to build, contact Craig at huzway@...
        >
        > In case anyone is wondering, this is not a commercial venture for me, and I don't make any money from it. I'm working with Craig to provide the class with an inexpensive way to get a nice hull, hoping it will encourage more people to build Footys.
        >
        > Keep thinking inside the box.......Bill

      • brucengilbert
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 9, 2011
          Thanks Bill for sharing your fast boat. I can't wait to build one and compare it to my own design boat. Obviously part of your boat's competitiveness is the low weight. What servo do you use for sail adjustment and what batteries do you use. Do you have pictures of the electronics arrangement. Thanks again.
          Bruce

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 12, 2011
            Hi Bruce,

            I attach the radio gear to the bottom of the hatch cover. The top layer of the cover is 1/64 ply, and the bottom layer is 1/16 balsa. I use a NEC311 for the winch and S50 for the rudder. Three AAA lithiums in the bottom of the boat supply the power.

            I posted a couple pics in Photos as Bill's Radio Hatch.

            Bill

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 19, 2011
              Update:
              well it has been a slow start but everything is finally in place.
              Tomorrow Halfpint Too production will start in earnest.
              To date we have quite the list.
              If you were in early expect an email this week.
              The later people your hull will be out within 2 weeks.
              I shouldn't complain that work is busy but thank you for waiting
              work has been busy. I did get a couple out week before last.
              Hope you enjoy them as much as Bills last creation the Round Ranger RG65.

              Please contact me directly at huzway@...
              Thank you Craig

              --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <billhagerup@...> wrote:

              > I'm pleased to announce that Craig Huzway is offering plastic hull and deck moldings for my HalfPint Too. The prototype for HalfPint Too did very well at the Region 1 championship. You can see pics of her in the Photos section...she is number 427.
              >
              > Craig will send the hull, the deck, and a set of template drawings for the foils and internal braces I used in building my boat. The drawings aren't too sophisticated...I just traced the parts I used. A rig diagram is there, too, as well as some pics of my build. I think the package should be sufficient for anyone with reasonable skills to duplicate my boat.
              >
              > If you're looking for an inexpensive Footy that handles great and is easy to build, contact Craig at huzway@...
              >
              > In case anyone is wondering, this is not a commercial venture for me, and I don't make any money from it. I'm working with Craig to provide the class with an inexpensive way to get a nice hull, hoping it will encourage more people to build Footys.
              >
              > Keep thinking inside the box.......Bill

            • Al Szymanski
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 19, 2011
                Is there anywhere that I can see a Halfpint Too on the web?
                al

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 20, 2011
                  Al, there are some pics in the photos section in the 2011 Region 1 Championship folder. Here's a link to one: