Re: Footy Challenge at Sebring

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 1, 2011
      I see you are living up to your name, Butch ;-)

      But didn't Frank beat you recently?

      Stirring the pot.....Bill

      --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, Butch <bbragg1@...> wrote:

      > I am ready for competition as usual. Only thing keeping you away may be fear : ) LOL
      > Sent from my Android phone
      >
      > Bill <billhagerup@...> wrote:
      >
      > >Sounds great, John...sure would like to get down there...water is awfully hard and snow-covered up here in NH. I'd really like to get a chance to sail my new Ranger against Butch's latest Shark, too...time somebody gave him a little competition ;-)
      > >
      > >FL and Southeast skippers, show your support for the Footy class and have a great time, too...sign up now for a fun regatta!
      > >
      > >Bill
      > >
      > >--- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "jjmckny" <jjmckny@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Attention Florida Footy Skippers:
      > >>
      > >> Tanglewood MYC, #264 is sponsoring the Footy Challenge at Sebring Regatta on Saturday, January 22nd.
      > >>
      > >> The NOR can be seen at our website, http://www.tanglewoodmyc.com
      > >>
      > >> All Footy sailers are welcome. Let's see how fast your Footy is!
      > >>
      > >> John McKinney

    • Butch Bragg
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 1, 2011
        Just trying to stir up some interest in the event.

        Yes, Frank got lucky but has a spankin' coming at Sebring.
        Nothing as enjoyable as spankin' a guy at his home pond.

        On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 7:44 AM, Bill <billhagerup@...> wrote:

        I see you are living up to your name, Butch ;-)

        But didn't Frank beat you recently?

        Stirring the pot.....Bill

        --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, Butch <bbragg1@...> wrote:

        > I am ready for competition as usual. Only thing keeping you away may be fear : ) LOL
        > Sent from my Android phone
        >
        > Bill <billhagerup@...> wrote:
        >
        > >Sounds great, John...sure would like to get down there...water is awfully hard and snow-covered up here in NH. I'd really like to get a chance to sail my new Ranger against Butch's latest Shark, too...time somebody gave him a little competition ;-)
        > >
        > >FL and Southeast skippers, show your support for the Footy class and have a great time, too...sign up now for a fun regatta!
        > >
        > >Bill
        > >
        > >--- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "jjmckny" <jjmckny@> wrote:
        > >>
        > >> Attention Florida Footy Skippers:
        > >>
        > >> Tanglewood MYC, #264 is sponsoring the Footy Challenge at Sebring Regatta on Saturday, January 22nd.
        > >>
        > >> The NOR can be seen at our website, http://www.tanglewoodmyc.com.
        > >>
        > >> All Footy sailers are welcome. Let's see how fast your Footy is!
        > >>
        > >> John McKinney

      • ffastffrank
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 1, 2011
          Well, the last time Butch was here, I think I beat him by about 30 points before his 2 throw outs where he ended up 1 point ahead. But that is history. Got to get inventing something new to handle the Shark infested waters of the Tanglewood pond. Maybe an alligator could be the trick. One of the skippers from Vero Beach has a reservation in our RV section and we plan some warm-up racing Friday afternoon and some refreshments after. So we are not planning on making this easy. There were three site still available a couple of days ago, come One and All for a good time. Google Maps 1521 Tanglewood Circle, Sebring, FL to find the pond.

          Looking forward to a great and friendly Regatta with all the Florida Footites. fastfrank

          OH, and Butch, if you are worried a little, come Friday PM and join us for some warm up.

          --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, Butch Bragg <bbragg1@...> wrote:

          > Just trying to stir up some interest in the event.
          >
          > Yes, Frank got lucky but has a spankin' coming at Sebring.
          > Nothing as enjoyable as spankin' a guy at his home pond.
          >

          > On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 7:44 AM, Bill <billhagerup@...> wrote:
          >

          > > I see you are living up to your name, Butch ;-)
          > >
          > > But didn't Frank beat you recently?
          > >
          > > Stirring the pot.....Bill
          > >

          > > --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com <FootyUSA%40yahoogroups.com>, Butch
          > > <bbragg1@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I am ready for competition as usual. Only thing keeping you away may be
          > > fear : ) LOL
          > > > Sent from my Android phone

          > > awfully hard and snow-covered up here in NH. I'd really like to get a chance
          > > to sail my new Ranger against Butch's latest Shark, too...time somebody gave
          > > him a little competition ;-)

          > > have a great time, too...sign up now for a fun regatta!

          > > Regatta on Saturday, January 22nd.

        • Niel
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 1, 2011
            Come on guys, this must be the mildest trash talking ever. Lets put some gusto into the taunting!
          • Butch
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 1, 2011
              I have heard a lot of lame excuses but that one beats it Frank.
              If it weren't for throwouts you would have won! LOL : )
              Beside the point you did not win because we went by the rules. : )
              Maybe the next event we can allow only you to have throw outs and then maybe you could win a Regatta.

              PS Your momma wears army boots.

              Butch

              --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "ffastffrank" <speedyfastfrank@...> wrote:

              > Well, the last time Butch was here, I think I beat him by about 30 points before his 2 throw outs where he ended up 1 point ahead. But that is history. Got to get inventing something new to handle the Shark infested waters of the Tanglewood pond. Maybe an alligator could be the trick. One of the skippers from Vero Beach has a reservation in our RV section and we plan some warm-up racing Friday afternoon and some refreshments after. So we are not planning on making this easy. There were three site still available a couple of days ago, come One and All for a good time. Google Maps 1521 Tanglewood Circle, Sebring, FL to find the pond.
              >
              > Looking forward to a great and friendly Regatta with all the Florida Footites. fastfrank
              >
              > OH, and Butch, if you are worried a little, come Friday PM and join us for some warm up.
              >
              > --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, Butch Bragg <bbragg1@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Just trying to stir up some interest in the event.
              > >
              > > Yes, Frank got lucky but has a spankin' coming at Sebring.
              > > Nothing as enjoyable as spankin' a guy at his home pond.
              > >

              > > On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 7:44 AM, Bill <billhagerup@> wrote:
              > >

              > > > I see you are living up to your name, Butch ;-)
              > > >
              > > > But didn't Frank beat you recently?
              > > >
              > > > Stirring the pot.....Bill
              > > >

              > > > --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com <FootyUSA%40yahoogroups.com>, Butch

              > > > fear : ) LOL

              > > > awfully hard and snow-covered up here in NH. I'd really like to get a chance
              > > > to sail my new Ranger against Butch's latest Shark, too...time somebody gave
              > > > him a little competition ;-)

              > > > have a great time, too...sign up now for a fun regatta!

              > > > Regatta on Saturday, January 22nd.

            • Bill
              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 2, 2011
                Army boots, huh? Now THERE is some trash talk ;-)

              • ffastffrank
                Message 7 of 24 , Jan 2, 2011
                  Butch, To help you out a little, I completed a new T-Rig for you yesterday & was going to mail it today. The operative word is "Was".

                  --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <billhagerup@...> wrote:

                  > Army boots, huh? Now THERE is some trash talk ;-)
                  >
                  > Bill
                  >
                  > --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "Butch" <bbragg1@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I have heard a lot of lame excuses but that one beats it Frank.
                  > > If it weren't for throwouts you would have won! LOL : )
                  > > Beside the point you did not win because we went by the rules. : )
                  > > Maybe the next event we can allow only you to have throw outs and then maybe you could win a Regatta.
                  > >
                  > > PS Your momma wears army boots.
                  > >
                  > > Butch
                  > >
                  > > --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "ffastffrank" <speedyfastfrank@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Well, the last time Butch was here, I think I beat him by about 30 points before his 2 throw outs where he ended up 1 point ahead. But that is history. Got to get inventing something new to handle the Shark infested waters of the Tanglewood pond. Maybe an alligator could be the trick. One of the skippers from Vero Beach has a reservation in our RV section and we plan some warm-up racing Friday afternoon and some refreshments after. So we are not planning on making this easy. There were three site still available a couple of days ago, come One and All for a good time. Google Maps 1521 Tanglewood Circle, Sebring, FL to find the pond.
                  > > >
                  > > > Looking forward to a great and friendly Regatta with all the Florida Footites. fastfrank
                  > > >
                  > > > OH, and Butch, if you are worried a little, come Friday PM and join us for some warm up.

                • Butch
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jan 2, 2011
                    There you go assuming I need your help Frank. Most of the worthwhile aspects of your boat was copied from mine. I have some new improvement that is gonna blow you away. No chance for you to copy them YET !!!
                    Sent from my Android phone

                  • Butch
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jan 2, 2011
                      I'm gonna bring my Violin so I can play music for you to cry in harmony with after the race Frank!!
                      Sent from my Android phone

                    • youngmgy2000
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jan 2, 2011
                        Here's a suggestion: If you gentlemen could continue the below diatribe to each other without spreading it around to the rest of the group I would much appreciate it. The contretemp is becoming obnoxious. Bill Young Open Class Secretary.

                      • ffastffrank
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jan 2, 2011
                          For those interested in Aviation, the US Sport Aviation Expo is set for Jan 20-23 at the Sebring Airport. See details @ http://www.sport-aviation-expo.com/ and Oh, the rest of us are just having a little fun as Footy slippers usually do, even while racing.

                          --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "youngmgy2000" <youngw@...> wrote:

                          > Here's a suggestion: If you gentlemen could continue the below diatribe to each other without spreading it around to the rest of the group I would much appreciate it. The contretemp is becoming obnoxious. Bill Young Open Class Secretary.
                          >
                          > --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, Butch <bbragg1@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I'm gonna bring my Violin so I can play music for you to cry in harmony with after the race Frank!!
                          > > Sent from my Android phone
                          > >
                          > > ffastffrank <speedyfastfrank@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > >Butch, To help you out a little, I completed a new T-Rig for you yesterday & was going to mail it today. The operative word is "Was".

                        • Al Szymanski
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jan 2, 2011
                            "Footy slippers" ... ?  Freudian Slip?

                            eh?

                            On Jan 2, 2011, at 14:18 , ffastffrank wrote:

                            For those interested in Aviation, the US Sport Aviation Expo is set for Jan 20-23 at the Sebring Airport. See details @ http://www.sport-aviation-expo.com/ and Oh, the rest of us are just having a little fun as Footy slippers usually do, even while racing.

                            --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "youngmgy2000" <youngw@...> wrote:

                            > Here's a suggestion: If you gentlemen could continue the below diatribe to each other without spreading it around to the rest of the group I would much appreciate it. The contretemp is becoming obnoxious. Bill Young Open Class Secretary.
                            >
                            > --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, Butch <bbragg1@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I'm gonna bring my Violin so I can play music for you to cry in harmony with after the race Frank!!
                            > > Sent from my Android phone
                            > >
                            > > ffastffrank <speedyfastfrank@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > >Butch, To help you out a little, I completed a new T-Rig for you yesterday & was going to mail it today. The operative word is "Was".

                          • Mark
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jan 2, 2011

                              Luff up Bill. I am a salty old dog, built close to the deck and tough as a barnacle so not much chafes me but it seems obvious they are old friends having fun with each other, kind of a faux spat, if you will. Personally I expect my friends to do their best to give me a good thrashing on and off the water and I feel obliged to do the same for them. Best friends will even keep pet project builds secret until the day of the big race...believe me... it's the quite guys with the thrashed looking old sailing gear you have to look out for.
                              Live slow-Sail Fast
                              Mark

                              Here's a suggestion: If you gentlemen could continue the below diatribe to each other without spreading it around to the rest of the group I would much appreciate it. The contretemp is becoming obnoxious. Bill Young Open Class Secretary.

                              --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, Butch <bbragg1@...> wrote:

                              > I'm gonna bring my Violin so I can play music for you to cry in harmony with after the race Frank!!
                              > Sent from my Android phone
                              >
                              > ffastffrank <speedyfastfrank@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > >Butch, To help you out a little, I completed a new T-Rig for you yesterday & was going to mail it today. The operative word is "Was".
                              > >
                              > >--- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <billhagerup@> wrote:
                              > >>
                              > >> Army boots, huh? Now THERE is some trash talk ;-)
                              > >>
                              > >> Bill

                            • Niel
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jan 2, 2011
                                Oh Bill, my friend, lighten up a bit. This forum is finally showing some life! What is racing without friendly rivalry? Are there any other Florida Footies that care to engage these two? Pipe up!
                              • Butch
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jan 3, 2011

                                  Guess I will have to mention some of the good qualities about Frank although he uses an oxymoron for a handle...... FastFrank.......pffftttt, ..........please !  :) LOL

                                  Despite poor designs ( ass- ametrical stern ) and questionable sailing abilities,  he still shows up to race at Regatta's despite the embarrasment. I mean he could be hanging out at some forum discussing how good his plans are and how wonderful his boat is. That would remind me of a ladies quilting circle where it is always about being pretty and doesn't really have to perform. If he didn't show up to race he could always talk about what a wonderful boat he had built but never have to demonstrate it. So..... two thumbs up Frank you always show up and put a boat in the water, you aren't just a talker.  ; )

                                  Butch

                                  -- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "Niel" <niel1055@...> wrote:

                                  > Oh Bill, my friend, lighten up a bit. This forum is finally showing some life! What is racing without friendly rivalry? Are there any other Florida Footies that care to engage these two? Pipe up!

                                • Brian
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                                    Butch
                                    To slam another skipper is bad, to upset my wife and her quilting circle is dangerous in fact it could be considered the fuel to end both our hobby activities. Model RC boat sailors are a distinct minority in comparison to QUILTERS. Please write a sincere heart felt apology before next Monday night or live in fear of an e-mail barrage from the 2500 members of the Northern Virginia Quilters.

                                    Brian Roberts
                                    Victoria Class Secretary
                                  • Butch
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                                      My sincere apologies to the quilters.
                                      Hell hath no fury compared to the scorn of a quilter

                                      Sent from my Android phone

                                      Brian <Roberts.Brian@...> wrote:

                                      >Butch
                                      >To slam another skipper is bad, to upset my wife and her quilting circle is dangerous in fact it could be considered the fuel to end both our hobby activities. Model RC boat sailors are a distinct minority in comparison to QUILTERS. Please write a sincere heart felt apology before next Monday night or live in fear of an e-mail barrage from the 2500 members of the Northern Virginia Quilters.
                                      >
                                      >Brian Roberts
                                      >Victoria Class Secretary

                                    • Bill
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jan 5, 2011
                                        Oh yeah...I've seen 'em in a feeding frenzy at Keepsake Quilting here in Moultonboro, NH. Apparently it's such a well-known shop they come up here in charter buses. Don't want to mess with them! No...no..no.

                                        Bill

                                        --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <Roberts.Brian@...> wrote:

                                        > Butch
                                        > To slam another skipper is bad, to upset my wife and her quilting circle is dangerous in fact it could be considered the fuel to end both our hobby activities. Model RC boat sailors are a distinct minority in comparison to QUILTERS. Please write a sincere heart felt apology before next Monday night or live in fear of an e-mail barrage from the 2500 members of the Northern Virginia Quilters.
                                        >
                                        > Brian Roberts
                                        > Victoria Class Secretary

                                      • carljhansen
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Jan 6, 2011
                                          Besides numbers, Quilters have scarier tools than Footy-builders! And NEVER rile up a Knitter!