Re: [FootyUSA] Footy Build Information

  • Robert Cardinaux
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
      John, I like the idea of the glass bead!!!! Never heard of that one before
      and my daughter collects them in all shapes and sizes. What I would like to
      see is someone to share a good schematic (or a URL if something exists
      on-line) of a double-purchase set up. The last Footy I built I had the devil
      of a time because of space constrains (narrow beam, small hatch) and went to
      a digital servo to increase throw.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
        I'm glad you like the glass bead. Bill H, or Graham or Brett use them
        and I thought the same thing as you, "good idea, I'm stealing it." For
        my double purchase, I fastened the sheet line below where it emerges
        through the deck. I have a cross beam there to support my rudder servo
        that was handy. There's an eyehook on the servo arm. A small pulley
        would be better. Hunt around rcgroups.com's sailboat section for pics.
        The built threads are where I found all my inspiration.

        John

        Robert Cardinaux wrote:

        > John, I like the idea of the glass bead!!!! Never heard of that one
        > before
        > and my daughter collects them in all shapes and sizes. What I would
        > like to
        > see is someone to share a good schematic (or a URL if something exists
        > on-line) of a double-purchase set up. The last Footy I built I had the
        > devil
        > of a time because of space constrains (narrow beam, small hatch) and
        > went to
        > a digital servo to increase throw.

      • Robert Cardinaux
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
          thanks!
          > I'm glad you like the glass bead. Bill H, or Graham or Brett use them
          > and I thought the same thing as you, "good idea, I'm stealing it." For
          > my double purchase, I fastened the sheet line below where it emerges
          > through the deck. I have a cross beam there to support my rudder servo
          > that was handy. There's an eyehook on the servo arm. A small pulley
          > would be better. Hunt around rcgroups.com's sailboat section for pics.
          > The built threads are where I found all my inspiration.
          >
          > John
          >
          > Robert Cardinaux wrote:
          >>
          >> John, I like the idea of the glass bead!!!! Never heard of that one
          >> before
          >> and my daughter collects them in all shapes and sizes. What I would
          >> like to
          >> see is someone to share a good schematic (or a URL if something exists
          >> on-line) of a double-purchase set up. The last Footy I built I had the
          >> devil
          >> of a time because of space constrains (narrow beam, small hatch) and
          >> went to
          >> a digital servo to increase throw.

        • Graham
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
            Hi guys, yes I use the glass bead on the Kittiwake. I had read
            various schemes where plastic beads were used and actually was out to
            buy plastic when I saw the 1/4" glass ones and thought that has to be
            more slippery than plastic! You do have to select them though, buy a
            packet of 100 and pick the nice smooth ones, a few will have nasty
            edges in the holes. I hand select them for the kits, which is a
            fascinating job... lol.

            Graham
            ScaleSailing