Re: [FootyUSA] Re: Sailing skills?

  • Al Szymanski
    Message 1 of 44 , Jan 30, 2010
      I think it's both.
      I know that I have trouble reading the wind at the most distant mark.
      I also know that I have trouble getting the sails to fill 'right' whilst underway.
      I also know that have lots to learn about setting up the rig and getting it trimmed.
      So... yeah... both.

      Al & Becca Szymanski ,  living aboard
      "Halona" - Catalina 350 #17

      On Jan 30, 2010, at 18:18 , sailtwister wrote:

      Guys,

      Is it sailing skills you are talking about here, or really something more like 'visual' skills? I know when I was younger I had better vision,could actually SEE the marks, and sailed better, too.

      Regards,
      Bill

      --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroup s.com, Al Szymanski <aszy@...> wrote:

      > Actually... it was I that I was speaking of, my own experience. My sailing skills... well... suck!
      > If I can round a buoy within oh.. say.. 10' ... I am really happy. :)
      >

      > Al & Becca Szymanski , living aboard
      > "Halona" - Catalina 350 #17

    • Al Szymanski
      Message 44 of 44 , Jan 30, 2010