Re: [Bulk] Re: [FootyUSA] Re: ideal footy displacement

  • Charlie Mann
    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 29, 2009
      Bernie
      I  am  returing  to  Vero  on  dec  1st,
      II  will  be  brining   Footy  soling   Micro  magic,  vic  When  are  you  sailing?
      I  will  likley  not  be  on  line  this  year,  Last  years  bill  was  over  5ooo.$.
      I  will  likley  go  to  cell.  Save  me  awee  bit  offwarm  weather
      Charlie

      I ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 10:43 PM
      Subject: [Bulk] Re: [FootyUSA] Re: ideal footy displacement

      I agree with you, Bill. The HS-55 seems to be adequate for the rudder
      but more power is definitely needed for the sail. I use an  HS-82mg
      for the sail. What do you use?

      Bernie

      sailtwister wrote:

      The HS-55, at 15-18 inch ounces of torque, barely can handle working a rudder, the size of sail that it could haul in reliably in any kind of breeze would likely be the size of a postage stamp. Saving weight is fine, but you still need to have the muscle to get the job done.

      Regards,
      Bill

    • marcjsmith@comcast.net
      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 5, 2009
        I have upgraded from the futaba 3115 to the futaba 3102 as well.  metal gears enough torque...it is also the rudder servo for my footy,  s1m, victoria, and odom.  and I run a 2 cell lipo with no regulator  with no burnouts yet...

        I run a sloop rig

        marc