Re: Pirate Footy Festival 14th June 2009

  • Graham
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2009
      Bah eck young Andy mi lad, me's thinkin dis'll be won eck ov a bash. Wiv me 'Siren' I cud do terrible things lurin' away sail'rs an like. But alas m'thinks I won' be over than in spirit an rum! Ave a fine time me'atries!

      Capt'n Graham Pugwash iself.

      --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "andy.trewin" <AndyTrewin@...> wrote:

      > Hello me arties, I ope u's practicing yer pirate talk?
      >
      > Cos u's gotta be ready fer the 14th June Footy Pirate Festival at Clevedon in Zummerzet!
      >
      > Thers lotsa goodies prizes doubloons an the like ~ so best u's beez be makin yer Footy's and yerselves look all menasing and pirate like.
      >
      > We'll ave nun of yer ship shape and Bristol Fashion at Clevedon thank u's.
      >
      > Now don't u's be worring bout victuals cos thers a jolly good inn and a snack cabin within a heavin lines thro from the jetty.
      >
      > No one's gonna mind if ye av's an ankering fer yer own rations if ye likes
      >
      > So cum an ave a Jolly time but be sure t' bring yer Footy
      >
      > Rgds
      > AndyT
      >

      > --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "andy.trewin" <AndyTrewin@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Clevedon UK ~ Footy Pirate Festival ~ June 14th
      > >
      > > Standby for a program to be published for the day
      > > Rgds
      > > AndyT
      > >
      > > --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "andy.trewin" <AndyTrewin@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Charles Smith has eloquently described this as the Annual Footy Class Garden Party and a splendid opportunity above for competitors to get to know each other better
      > > >
      > > > Charles thank you so much
      > > > This will be a tremendous event and I am so pleased to be hosting it.
      > > > just as long as I am not expected to act the part of the Queen <Ha Ha>
      > > >
      > > > Best wishes
      > > >
      > > > AndyT

    • andy.trewin
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2009
        Arrg u's may be rite Capt'n but I's gota new Footy Bottle Pirate Galeon "Blow me Down" comin of the slipway soon - she be manned and womaned by me crew of 42. It were goin t'be 44 but 2 did die see at me own hand fer being tardy insolent dogs - so i hung em from the yard as a reminder to the rest of the crew to behave and not to be a protesting as we go round the buoy.

        I's got me bow an stern chasers iden beind cunning secret gun ports
        and me new secret wepon iden as well but that'll be a surprise - when the men man the pump.... opps yer did'nt ere me say that rite!

        Rgds
        AndyT

        --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "Graham" <scalesailing@...> wrote:

        > Bah eck young Andy mi lad, me's thinkin dis'll be won eck ov a bash. Wiv me 'Siren' I cud do terrible things lurin' away sail'rs an like. But alas m'thinks I won' be over than in spirit an rum! Ave a fine time me'atries!
        >
        > Capt'n Graham Pugwash iself.
        >
        > --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "andy.trewin" <AndyTrewin@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello me arties, I ope u's practicing yer pirate talk?
        > >
        > > Cos u's gotta be ready fer the 14th June Footy Pirate Festival at Clevedon in Zummerzet!
        > >
        > > Thers lotsa goodies prizes doubloons an the like ~ so best u's beez be makin yer Footy's and yerselves look all menasing and pirate like.
        > >
        > > We'll ave nun of yer ship shape and Bristol Fashion at Clevedon thank u's.
        > >
        > > Now don't u's be worring bout victuals cos thers a jolly good inn and a snack cabin within a heavin lines thro from the jetty.
        > >
        > > No one's gonna mind if ye av's an ankering fer yer own rations if ye likes
        > >
        > > So cum an ave a Jolly time but be sure t' bring yer Footy
        > >
        > > Rgds
        > > AndyT
        > >

        > > --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, "andy.trewin" <AndyTrewin@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Clevedon UK ~ Footy Pirate Festival ~ June 14th
        > > >
        > > > Standby for a program to be published for the day
        > > > Rgds
        > > > AndyT

      • Andrew Halstead
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 4, 2009
          AAAAArgh, and shiver me timberlands

          Me pass-out is signed, matey; and O'ill be run out and double-shotted ready to meet the other pie-rats

          Do I need an inflatable parrot or just throat linimimiment for soothing after all the aaarghing?

          Expected fleet:
           Rav-the-Razor (cap'n: Blind Pugh aka sail-by-braille)
          Voooooortekkkker (trimmed in the gary fashion)
          Sloice - should be right at home
          (possibly) Squarefoot the brig-rigged Footy *
          (Possibly ) Mystery raiding footy (need owners permission)
          Probably Volante brig - under partial control (unless I could borrow a 6-Ch Tx/rx)

          *good news - one of my mini-servos (Multiplex) was dead when howked it  out of a Twinstar wing.  Last night a post mortem found that BOTH the motor leads has come unsoldered (by overheat!) so one minute with a smouldering iron rectified matters  Viola! another beefy servo!

          rgds,
          Admirable of the Fleet Leif ItOut
          formerly andrew

          Arrg u's may be rite Capt'n but I's gota new Footy Bottle Pirate Galeon "Blow me Down" comin of the slipway soon - she be manned and womaned by me crew of 42. It were goin t'be 44 but 2 did die see at me own hand fer being tardy insolent dogs - so i hung em from the yard as a reminder to the rest of the crew to behave and not to be a protesting as we go round the buoy.

          I's got me bow an stern chasers iden beind cunning secret gun ports
          and me new secret wepon iden as well but that'll be a surprise - when the men man the pump.... opps yer did'nt ere me say that rite!

          Rgds
          AndyT

          --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroup s.com, "Graham" <scalesailing@ ...> wrote:

          > Bah eck young Andy mi lad, me's thinkin dis'll be won eck ov a bash. Wiv me 'Siren' I cud do terrible things lurin' away sail'rs an like. But alas m'thinks I won' be over than in spirit an rum! Ave a fine time me'atries!
          >
          > Capt'n Graham Pugwash iself.
          >
          > --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroup s.com, "andy.trewin" <AndyTrewin@ > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello me arties, I ope u's practicing yer pirate talk?
          > >
          > > Cos u's gotta be ready fer the 14th June Footy Pirate Festival at Clevedon in Zummerzet!
          > >
          > > Thers lotsa goodies prizes doubloons an the like ~ so best u's beez be makin yer Footy's and yerselves look all menasing and pirate like.
          > >
          > > We'll ave nun of yer ship shape and Bristol Fashion at Clevedon thank u's.
          > >
          > > Now don't u's be worring bout victuals cos thers a jolly good inn and a snack cabin within a heavin lines thro from the jetty.
          > >
          > > No one's gonna mind if ye av's an ankering fer yer own rations if ye likes
          > >
          > > So cum an ave a Jolly time but be sure t' bring yer Footy
          > >
          > > Rgds
          > > AndyT
          > >

          > > --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroup s.com, "andy.trewin" <AndyTrewin@ > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Clevedon UK ~ Footy Pirate Festival ~ June 14th
          > > >
          > > > Standby for a program to be published for the day
          > > > Rgds
          > > > AndyT

        • andy.trewin
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 6, 2009
            Wel'I berite glad o' that m'ship mate cos I wos a wudrin if yer Cox'n wer gonna let ye hav a travel chit t' be cummin nowin tis a wayz downyer to Zummerzet.

            Tiz gonna be a rite good'n an wez gonna hva rite ol laf messin we'r Footy's an anfin els we fancies.

            I'z got lods'a goodiez plenty pi-zes an'd noin youz pie-rats be's lik'n dat sorta tin i'z gota plen'e bags'a dubloons an udder us'fl booty u'd be apee t' av frum me plunderinz.

            I'd best be urrin cuz d' long boats lefin wida mail so i'll catchen fer he casts of.

            Cya on the quay wen-uz getsthur
            Twill be rite goodta seeyaz

            God be blessin yer safe jurnee
            Rgds t' ya famlee
            Yer matety AndyT

            P.S. Ave seez me crew, day be werkin rite ard get'n me newz bokkle Footy redie fer I - Aza dekko at
            http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=17197.0

            Any body wishing a transcript of the above tranlated into English or any other common language for that matter - please just ask.

            Best wishes
            AndyT

            --- In FootyUSA@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Halstead <liteflight@...> wrote:

            > AAAAArgh, and shiver me timberlands
            >
            > Me pass-out is signed, matey; and O'ill be run out and double-shotted ready to meet the other pie-rats
            >
            > Do I need an inflatable parrot or just throat linimimiment for soothing after all the aaarghing?
            >
            > Expected fleet:
            >  Rav-the-Razor (cap'n: Blind Pugh aka sail-by-braille)
            > Voooooortekkkker (trimmed in the gary fashion)
            > Sloice - should be right at home
            > (possibly) Squarefoot the brig-rigged Footy *
            > (Possibly ) Mystery raiding footy (need owners permission)
            > Probably Volante brig - under partial control (unless I could borrow a 6-Ch Tx/rx)
            >
            > *good news - one of my mini-servos (Multiplex) was dead when howked it  out of a Twinstar wing.  Last night a post mortem found that BOTH the motor leads has come unsoldered (by overheat!) so one minute with a smouldering iron rectified matters  Viola! another beefy servo!
            >
            > rgds,
            > Admirable of the Fleet Leif ItOut
            > formerly andrew

          • andy.trewin
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 6, 2009
              My yeoman tranlated yer semifore message bout sum mutiney wi yer new fangled engin ~ (Mus say I's thout tat gin were summat we did drink a bit an getsa bit merry on) I musa been a'sea t'long cos my crew 's ner herd ufa engin.. No wunder u's avin truble - dus e need I t'cum up ther w'me crew an elps giv'e an elpin and matey?

              Rgds
              AndyT
              PS. My mate Mr Morse, az jus set I up w'ia new zummat rite wierd - rekons e can send a majikal message tween us - so e's been a teechin my yeoman ow'ta put'a metal rope up t'top of me mast - an e's a gonna try an send dis t'z u'wi-it ~ If e'cz it pop up on yer moan-e-tor ~ e best gi-us an ansir!