Victor Model Yachts

  • marcjsmith@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 4:26 AM
      Hey folks

      Back from Sunny LA

      I had a chance to visit George and his lovely wife at Victor MY  while I was tooling around LA.

      What  great bunch of folks.  George gave the tour  I watched the guys making hulls, building rudders/.keels, ect.

      I picked up a couple bare v-12a hulls and got a chance to see some of the other footy's george has created and is currently working on.  I saw a Scow, hard chined hull, skinny hull, and one with bow flares like a trawler...  I was able to convince him to sell one of his new untested designs...  Just gotta order some new servo's now...

      I highly recomend stopping by if you happen to be in the area.  A lot of history there....

      Marc

    • scott_spacie
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 11:30 AM
        Doug,
        I am sending a couple of Footys to my son and daughter in law in the Green Lake area, so in about a month, you will have some competition.
        Scott
      • Ted Van Syckel
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 17, 2009
          Hello Seattle Footys.  Portland, OR just south of you guys and we have started Footy-Seniors and soon Footy-Seniors.com.  Get in touch we might want to race some of your boats.  How does an "Internet Race" down here in July or up there, it doesn't matter.

          Ted Van Syckel

          14155 SW 6th St.
          Beaverton, OR 97005
          503-547-3155