Re: [FootyUSA] Freya Footy Yacht

  • Andrew Halstead
    Message 1 of 36 , Nov 1, 2007
      Xavier, Hi.

      I don't know the Freya myself, but do know George Turner, the artist who makes this and many other interesting little offerings.

      He has a wicked sense of humour - have a look at his scale figures, and all my dealings with him have been good, fast and pleasant.  I would be surprised indeed if the boat is not perfectly box-legal,  Fwiw he makes a wide range of boats using this hull - both sailing and powered.

      I will be seeing him at the local Model Boat Exhibition in about 10 days-  I could take along my Box!  Let me know if there is anything specific that you need, either information or bits, and I'll see what I can do for you.

      andrew
      (UK, Midlands)

      Xavier LUCAS <lucas.xav@...> wrote:
      Hi guys,

      I don't know if one of you have seen this boat before but it seems to
      be a funy semi scale footy boat...even if I am not sure taht this boat
      fit the rule box...

      http://www.georgetu rnermodels. com/index. php?page= shopping& shop_cat_ id=58

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Bill Korsgard
      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 20, 2007
        Hi Peter,
        George Turner only quoted me the shipping price on 2 boats, saying that
        any more than that would need further checking. I assume that means a
        larger box & more weight could kick it into higher price bracket. If
        enough interest comes forth I can ask him to look into that possibilty.
        Another thing we could ask is the pricing for a "fleet discount", where
        he might drop the unit price if we were buying 6 or 8 boats, but then
        we start getting into alot of logistical hassle.

        Bill

        ps; one can never have too many Footys