Welcome to our group

  • SVEN
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2006
      Several of us are currently working on building Footy's in surrounding
      Atlanta, Ga area. Eventually we hope get together and race them,
      probably at the Lawrenceville pond. About a hour or so drive from
      where I live.

      I am a transplant from Buffalo, NY and have been building R/C boats
      since 1979. Mostly glo and gas fuel types. They are too noisey and
      messy and when several of the Western NY clubs lost thier
      ponds....bunch of us quit the hobby. Now that I am here in Ga, needed
      a new hobby in the boating field. Decided I like sailboats, especially
      small ones and the Footy's...well, I'm hooked. Have three of them on
      the workbench. And a ThunderTiger Vic, too.

      I am currently updating every few days, my website with a photo
      gallery of the construction process. Eventually I will add text. Check
      the link on the main page often

      I am new to sailboating and starting to learn alot. Thanx to Andrew
      and the Victoria Club who taught me a crash course in sailing with
      several of thier sailboats.