Summary of 3-12-07 Meeting
- Follow Up From Future of Efficiency meeting
Thank you coming to the Future of Efficiency planning meeting last
Monday, and making it such a high energy event. I'm even more excited
about the future possibilities of this group.
Quick summary of Monday's meeting:
- 23 people from 13 organizations attended
- There is significant interest in the idea of Future of Efficiency,
with people in attendance apparently willing to commit some of their
time to making this project a success.
- Next step is to elect a Steering Group, which will be 4-6
individuals that want to take ownership of the visioning and
development of the Future of Efficiency. The Steering Group will
develop the mission and priorities for research and discussion.
- Also, need volunteers for the following three groups:
- Research Group: will design research plan for Home Energy Monitors,
applying the usual rigor of project design and evaluation
- Meetings Group: will conduct design and planning of subsequent
public meetings, including speaker invites
- Communications Group: will be responsible for facilitating both
internal and external communications about the Future of Efficiency.
This includes website/blog design
- If you haven't signed up for a group but would like to be involved,
please email Kendall Youngblood (kendall.youngblood@...)
- The Future of Efficiency needs a Mission Statement! At the meeting,
we agreed that people would send in a few bullets on the potential
mission. See below for more details.
The Yahoo Group:
Communications for now will be on a Yahoo Group. This will facilitate
maximum flexibility in email communications, as well as provide a
place where anyone can read the messages online without joining the group.
- To sign up for the Yahoo Group:
- Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FoEF-Portland/
- Click the "Join This Group" big shiny blue button
- Login to your Yahoo account. If you don't have one, then you'll have
to take a few minutes and create one. It's worth it just make sure
you don't accidently check one of the "send me spam" buttons.
- You can set your preferences to either receive individual emails, or
a daily digest of all posts.
- Please sign up for the yahoo group! In the future, we might have a
much better way for online communication and collaboration, but for
now this is good and free.
- If anyone needs any help with setting up your membership or setting
your preferences, please don't hesitate to contact me (503-381-6729).
The Mission Statement:
Please send some bullets for what you think the could be potential
"missions" for the Future of Efficiency.
Some Mission Statement examples:
- Internal Communication: faciliate networking between the energy
efficiency and renewable energy organizations in Portland
- External Communication: disseminate the positive economic, social,
and environmental benefits of energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Climate Change: explore relationship between energy efficiency and
renewable energy as solutions to climate change
- Future of Efficiency: explore how energy efficiency and renewable
energy can become more pervasive throughout our society.
Please, post your mission ideas, replies, comments, questions, etc..
to the yahoo group discussion website.