571Energy Trust and Ecotope Job Postings
- Oct 11, 2011
1) TITLE: Renewable Energy pROJECT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Renewable Energy SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER
Energy Trust of Oregon, Inc., is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural and Cascade Natural Gas.
This individual will assume responsibility for Energy Trust's wind initiative. He/she will provide technical customer and trade ally support, design and implementation of promotional and outreach strategies, project evaluation and management, and coordination with other Energy Trust programs.
- Respond promptly and professionally to inquiries from customers and trade allies
- Review and evaluate proposed projects for technical and financial merits and adherence to program and Energy Trust requirements, providing recommendations and screening for approvals
- Implement program activities and outreach, to overcome market barriers
- Develop new marketing and outreach strategies to grow the wind initiative
- Participate in multi-state cooperative efforts to develop common standards for wind turbines
- Present program offerings in public settings to residential, business or government audiences
- Coordinate renewable energy projects with Energy Trust residential, commercial and/or industrial efficiency programs; provide technical assistance and training to efficiency program staff and contractors
- Coordinate outreach activities with marketing staff and ensure program materials and website content are kept up-to-date
- Maintain accurate and organized records of project information
- Manage program activity to stay within budget and meet program goals
- Perform all functions of the job in a safe and conscientious manner
This position may need to hire and direct the work of external contractors and an intern.
- Undergraduate degree (science, economics, finance, business, or environmental science preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in project or program management, project evaluation, program design, or technical customer support (direct experience with renewable energy or LEED, CEM accreditation a plus)
- An understanding of energy project development or the ability to translate skills to such
- Professional written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Targeted marketing and outreach experience
- Strong technical and mathematical aptitude (renewable energy technology expertise preferred)
- Successful experience working within multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to direct or work with contractors, installers and equipment suppliers
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word software applications
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
Application Instructions and Additional Information
Qualified individuals please submit a cover letter, resume and employment application (found on website) to:
Position: RE Project Manager
Attn: Kathleen Cannon
Energy Trust of Oregon
851 SW Sixth Ave., Suite 1200
Portland, Oregon 97204
Or via email at kathleen.cannon@...
Salary commensurate with experience and skill set
Competitive benefits package
Applications Accepted through October 28, 2011
Energy Trust of Oregon, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
2) Program Assistant - Ecotope
Support the Portland office of Ecotope as we roll out our whole-home intensive metering study in the field.
The study is a NEEA-funded project to intensively meter energy use in 100 homes around the region. We are installing meters to measure hot water, heating, appliances, lighting and plug loads. We are currently looking for temporary support shipping and configuring equipment and recruiting participants.
This is a contract position. We expect it to be near-full-time for 2-4 weeks, scaling back to part-time for the rest of the year. There is definitely the potential for more work, this year as well as next.
Experience: A proven ability to think, learn fast and work well and flexibly with others. Some experience managing inventory or a similar fussy, structured activity. Background in energy efficiency. Reasonably facile with computers. Ability to lift at least 30 pounds. Engaging phone manner.
Ecotope is a research, consulting and design firm that has been involved in many of the residential energy efficiency research projects in the region over the last 30 years. We are obsessively committed to quality research and a collaborative working environment.
Pay is DOE.
Questions or applications to:
4039 N Mississippi Ave., Suite 204
Portland, OR 97227