- Sep 15, 2011
Aerotek Energy Services is looking for an Entry level Electrical Engineer.
Electrical Engineer 1 (Fiber/Wireless Programs)
Additional Position Information:
This position is located in the Customer Service Engineering organization within Planning and Asset Management. The position supports the Customer Service Engineer and the Transmission Account Executives in planning and executing the reimbursable Fiber Optic and Wireless Programs. They offer dark fiber and wireless communication facilities to developers and other utility customers. This position provides an important engineering interface with developers and communications company engineering and commercial staffs to facilitate, communicate, and coordinate technical aspects of contracts, agreements and interface issues. This position provides general engineering support; develops specific plans of service; assists in creating workflow processes; drafting reimbursable agreements; develops construction agreements using templates; provides updates for project schedules; and oversees the reimbursable project lifecycle from request to contract closeout.
Position Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide planning support, create and document work flow processes, coordinate plans of service with stakeholders and implement plans for all fiber optic and wireless reimbursable projects.
- Provide engineering support to Customer Service Engineer, Transmission Account Executives and Transmission Account Teams.
- Assist in developing engineering requirements for the planning, installation and modification of fiber optic and wireless reimbursable projects.
- Provide technical support to construction, operations and maintenance personnel.
- Provide project scheduling updates for project tracking, including entering data and creating and modifying Microsoft Project and SharePoint work spaces.
- Attends project scoping meetings or design reviews, recommends changes to specification diagrams based on technical and operational issues.
- Drafting reimbursable agreements as needed for project implementation.
· Electrical Engineering (BSEE) degree and 6 months to 4 years proven experience in planning and implementing communications projects, and in developing agreements for reimbursable engineering and construction services.
- Ability to participate and perform effectively in a project team environment. This will include both working with Internal and External Customers.
- Skill in oral and written communication to effectively fulfill internal and customer needs. Position will require ability in technical writing in order to support correspondence with customers and day-to-day work environment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple work assignments and changing priorities. This will require a self motivator who has the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. This includes seeking out and asking questions of subject matter experts (SME) in order to meet the goals and production of the Program.
- Experience in Microsoft Project and SharePoint applications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, to include Microsoft Office 2010.
- Possess a white hard hat
- Become familiar with and follow the safety practices of the Accident Prevention Manual
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Additional PPE required by State or Federal OSHA for the work to be performed.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required
- Hand protection (work gloves) as needed
- ASTM 2413-05, Class 75 EH rated footwear with over the ankle lace up and rigid sole and heel as needed.
Qualified Candidates contact:
- << Previous post in topic