Re: The National Fluoridation News Archive

  • ron072754
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2011
      SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      George NAILED it right from the beginning
      Good reading!

      --- In FluoridePoisoning@yahoogroups.com, "Doug" <cragoe@...> wrote:

      > Before the internet activists opposed to fluoridation subscribed to "The National Fluoridation News." This newsletter, started by Dr. George Walbott, documented the scientific controversies and political battles from 1955 to 1988. Many of the issues back then are still with us today. For example, activists realized decades ago that infant formula prepared with fluoridated tap water would give babies a gigantic dose. The fluoridation establishment did not think this was a serious issue worth discussion until 2006, when they finally had to acknowledge the many studies that showed these infants at increased risk for fluorosis.
      >
      > In the newsletters you can track the strength of the opposition to fluoridation which initially was very strong, then weakened, and now is regaining strength partially due to the internet. With the internet, it has become much harder to suppress scientific knowledge. For example, after fluoridation became federal policy in 1950 we now know that information about fluoride's poisonous effects was removed from new editions of the U.S. Dispensatory. Why? Science and biology doesn't change that fast. Political agendas do. The internet has also made us aware that fluoridation is decreasing in Canada at the same time as it is increasing in the U.S. It's now much easier to research the ADA falsehood that water fluoridation is not banned in some European countries.
      >
      > the archive is located here: http://tflna.com/
      >
      > I'd like to thank the many people who contributed time and newsletters to make this archive possible. We are still seeking some old issue to complete the set.
      >
      > -Doug Cragoe

    • zagreush
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2011
        --- In FluoridePoisoning@yahoogroups.com, "Doug" <cragoe@...> wrote:

        > the archive is located here: http://tflna.com/
        >
        > I'd like to thank the many people who contributed time and newsletters to make this archive possible. We are still seeking some old issue to complete the set.
        >
        > -Doug Cragoe

        This is really fantastic. I have been waiting years for someone to do something like this. Actually, I had pretty much given up hope - and now someone has done it. Not just the later issues, either, but the very first! I doubt that anyone frequenting this group is unaware of the Nat. Fluoridation News, but I would imagine that alot of you, like myself, have only been able to read reprints of selected articles. It is great to see the actual paper. The scans are good, the archive is easy to navigate, and the importance of these documents cannot be overstated. The Waldbotts laid the groundwork for resistance that is still valid, and their influence is everywhere. Thank you very much for doing this. Your time and effort is definitely appreciated.