OT: Sad news from Britain

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2002
      What a strange year, we've supposedly celebrating the Queen's Golden Jublilee
      this year, but first we had the death of Princess Margaret and a few minutes
      ago they've announced the death of the Queen Mother at 101. A big age yes,
      and it's not unexpected with her recent health, but it's still sad.

    • jjarbanas
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 30, 2002
        Helen wrote:

        > What a strange year, we've supposedly celebrating the Queen's
        > Golden Jublilee this year, but first we had the death of Princess
        > Margaret and a few minutes ago they've announced the death of the
        > Queen Mother at 101.

        That's so sad. And for the poor Queen to lose both her sister and her
        mother within months of each other... I can't imagine.

        Jill
      • mirrorcharlotte
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 30, 2002
          even in germany they are showing specials on most tv station.
          however, I don't think that beein 101 years old is nice as human.
          just imagine how you would feel when you wanna do something, but your
          body doesn't allow it...
        • Angelle DeBoer
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 30, 2002
            >Helen wrote:
            >
            > > What a strange year, we've supposedly celebrating the Queen's
            > > Golden Jublilee this year, but first we had the death of Princess
            > > Margaret and a few minutes ago they've announced the death of the
            > > Queen Mother at 101.
            >
            >That's so sad. And for the poor Queen to lose both her sister and her
            >mother within months of each other... I can't imagine.
            >
            >Jill

            When Princess Margaret died, I thought, "Well, that's it. The Queen Mother
            is too old and frail to survive a blow like that. She will follow soon."
            The loss of a child is usually the hardest loss to take according to
            psychologists.

            Angelle

          • leafmirror2
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 31, 2002
              Very sad, indeed. I thought she was grand lady and had an amazing life.

              Best,
              Lynn