Re: [Flewelling] Things to do while waiting for Lynn's next book

  • Jeffrey Alger
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2000
      It won't happen. Remember where Alec grew up, and his
      staunch loyalty. Besides, if I do remember correctly,
      they have both accepted that they are friends--family
      really. Beka wouldn't because Alec is with Seregil,
      whom she holds in the deepest regard and respect.
      Plus, isn't she also involved with that one guy from
      TM?

      http://click.egroups.com/1/2646/2/_/640603/_/954523137/

      > Shortcut URL to this page:
      > http://www.onelist.com/community/Flewelling

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Jeffrey Alger
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2000
        OK, had to add something else to this...

        I don't think Lynn would do it either. She has a
        tendency to go beyond the norm of writing...as she has
        proven by not following the "protocol" for fantasy
        stories. The same applies here for gay fiction. It
        is very hard to find a gay love story without someone
        cheating on the other, or whatever. If Lynn were to
        do that with Seregil and Alec, she would be following
        the "protocol" for gay literature. I am not saying
        all gay lit follows this, just as not all fantasy
        follows the rules, but it does happen a lot.

        Plus, it is nice to see an honest to goodness, old
        fashioned love blossom between to people. KEEP IT
        PURE LYNN!!!!

        OK, I'll shut up now!

      • KAdam10561@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31, 2000
          I may be in the minority, but I really hope Alec and Seregil don't adopt or
          become custodians or whatever. It seems that too often a character changes so
          drastically once he/she becomes a dad/mom that his/her individuality is
          consumed by the role of parent.
        • hbrown9628@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2000
            In a message dated 01/04/00 10:25:06 GMT Daylight Time, hbrown9628@...
            writes:

            > Ahh, oh no I have that mental itch again, the one that likes angst ridden
            > stories, think of the pain, think of all the anguish Alec and Seregil
            could
            > go through before they made up... I must stop this now <g>.
            >
            > I've just started my re-readings of the books, on Chapter 1 once more of
            > LITS. I'm going to read them slowly and savour them.
            >
            > Helen

            Ignore me <g>, I'm feeling much better now... It was but a temporary
            aberration...