Randomness...

  • gninek
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2002
      Just got back from seeing a very well done, if interesting, rendition
      of Waiting for Godot...has anyone else read/seen this play? Its
      ermm...shall we say interesting and this particular director was very
      non conformist even for such plays as that...IE a good portion of the
      audience was put on stage and the stage was left as it would be when
      no plays were being put on, IE with wires and lighting boxs scattered
      about and there were no curtains...anywhere, so you could see all the
      lighting pipes and wires above the stage...anyway, very much enjoyed
      the play but its just one of those things that makes you go *Blink*
      at the end of it...

      Feels very deep at points and yet on the other hand very shallow, but
      all in all, I felt it was a commentary on life...how we're all
      waiting for something, even if we don't know what, whether it be God
      or death or love...but will keep waiting eternally, without ever
      fully knowing that which we wait for...kinda disturbing/depressing in
      some ways...

      Kay, just had to get that out? Anyone else who's familar with the
      work have opinions?

      Jeannine