sorting out the pics

  • Andrea Chavez
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 1999
      Hi everyone

      OK, I got to the pictures. Lynn, you are right! DDL
      does remind me a Seregil. I had a friend who adored
      DDL (probably still does)and we would swoon together
      when we were at work. We particularly liked him in "A
      Room with a View" where he played a character named
      Cecil. Our boss's name was Cecil, so when he was
      around and we wanted to talk about him when he might
      overhear, we called him Daniel........geesh, that was
      over 10 years ago.....I do believe I've grown up since
      then!! HAHAHAHHAHAHA...

      Alas, our boss did not look like DDL.

      Lynn, thank you for the prose about your cats and the
      whole menagerie. We never had cats because too many
      people are allergic to them in my house. But we owned
      three dogs (not all at once) who ruled the house with
      benevolent kindness. This passed weekend my brother
      was up for Thanksgiving and he brought his new dog
      (his former dog lost a battle with a car....very sad
      day that.) Sadie is simply adorable and we weren't
      really kidding when we said she could stay with us,
      but no, they took her away. Sniff, sniff.

      Now, back to the topic!! OK, Seregil in the snow is
      adorable, but who is the llb picture of??? Ahrgggg, I
      missed a post somewhere!

      ta for now
      Andrea C

    • HBrown9628@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 1999
        In a message dated 01/12/99 17:21:26 GMT Standard Time, achavez47@...
        writes:

        > Now, back to the topic!! OK, Seregil in the snow is
        > adorable, but who is the llb picture of??? Ahrgggg, I
        > missed a post somewhere!
        >
        > ta for now
        > Andrea C

        llb is Laurence Llewelyn Bowen who has to be seen in action to really be
        appreciated <bg>. I think he'd fit Seregil in some of his disguises in LITS.
        LLB is a fine artist and interior designer who is one of the guest designers
        on the BBC's program Changing Rooms in the UK, but he can be seen on
        BBCAmerica is you have it on cable in the States.

        Helen
      • Andrea Chavez
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 1999
          Thanks Helen for the info....he is very nice indeed!

          I had never considered what actor looks like Seregil
          actually. I have a Tom Canty Picture in mind when I
          think of Alec...but even that isn't quite right.
          ummm...I'd better read LITS again!! oh darn. But I
          believe the illustration of the book of short stories
          call "The Bone Forest" has a very nice picture of Alec
          on the cover. He even has a bow in hand (not a Black
          Radley however,) ummmm. perhaps that is Seregil! I
          see Alec as more...oh..ah...umm. manly?? Oh, I know,
          more "rough about the edges" Seregil is more worldy,
          or sophisicated, in a wild sort of way.

          Oh heck...I think they are both very cool guys.

          The other day someone mentioned Christian Slater for
          Seregil. My first thought was...huh? but as I
          remember CS from the movie Heathers (black hair, etc)
          I'm thinking perhaps a tad. Seregil's cousin? He'd
          have to have a different voice however!

          Well, back to work.

          oh -- Luck spoilers below Just in case--

          oh and Lynn -- It just about killed me when you burned
          the Wheel Inn (Let alone kill everyone in it.) I
          really loved that place. I had it all mapped out in
          my mind and I could see the symbols the boys used to
          get into his room. I know just where everything was
          in the room...The couch Alec insisted on sleeping
          on...Seregil's bed...the books, everything. I could
          really live in that room. You crushed me!! ;-/

          Andrea -- picking up the pieces of her shattered life
          and moving on

          > > Now, back to the topic!! OK, Seregil in the
          > snow is
          > > adorable, but who is the llb picture of???
          > Ahrgggg, I
          > > missed a post somewhere!
          > >
          > > ta for now
          > > Andrea C
          > >

          > llb is Laurence Llewelyn Bowen who has to be seen in
          > action to really be
          > appreciated <bg>. I think he'd fit Seregil in some
          > of his disguises in LITS.
          > LLB is a fine artist and interior designer who is
          > one of the guest designers
          > on the BBC's program Changing Rooms in the UK, but
          > he can be seen on
          > BBCAmerica is you have it on cable in the States.
          >
          > Helen

          > Shortcut URL to this page:
          > http://www.onelist.com/community/Flewelling

          <HR>

        • Leafmirror@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 1999
            In a message dated 12/1/99 6:39:56 PM, achavez47@... writes:

            >I have a Tom Canty Picture in mind when I
            >think of Alec...

            I don't know too many writers who wouldn't give valuable body parts for a
            Canty cover. He is really wonderful! I especially like the one he did for
            Patrick O'Leary's "The Gift". It just glows.

            LF