Re: Re: No Subject

  • Leafmirror@aol.com
    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 30, 1999
      In a message dated 11/30/99 4:25:51 PM, kteel@... writes:

      >Well, I had a Seregil picture I hadn't uploaded, because the file is really
      >big, but I uploaded it today. It's the "Seregil in the snow" picture. It's
      >in Windows (.bmp) format, which is why the file is so huge. I'll try to
      >get
      >it in a better format. Still looking for the perfect Alec picture.

      Love it! I downloaded it, then opened it as a jpg. Worked fine.

      Lynn
    • Leafmirror@aol.com
      Message 2 of 30 , Jan 19, 2000
        An online bookseller who lives near me, Alan Mietlowski, has graciously
        offered to take orders for signed copies of my books. He will be a vendor at
        Eeriecon in Niagara Falls, NY (March 31, April 1 & 2) and will also take
        orders online. As I understand it, he offers a discount, too!

        For more information, contact Alan at: bookhound@...

        or visit his shop at:
        http://www.phoenixrisingbookshop.com

        Lynn
      • FD2377@aol.com
        Message 3 of 30 , Jan 19, 2000
          In a message dated 1/19/00 5:55:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          Leafmirror@... writes:

          > An online bookseller who lives near me, Alan Mietlowski, has graciously
          > offered to take orders for signed copies of my books. He will be a vendor
          at

          > Eeriecon in Niagara Falls, NY (March 31, April 1 & 2) and will also take
          > orders online. As I understand it, he offers a discount, too!

          Damn...anime convention..or book....anime convention..or book....anime
          convention wins..*sighs* it's a yearly ritual after all....Why does
          everything I want become available all at once...

          FireDreamer
          *Happy cause her friend Terri replaced her copy of stalking
          darkness*http://darshe.cjb.net - http://aoml.tripod.com
          --
          And all the things you never heard
          While in my mind I search for words
          Message 4 of 30 , Apr 22, 2000
            Happy Easter!

            Down in the south east side of Buffalo there's a great place called Broadway
            Market-- a coverted warehouse that is sort of like a cross between Ingrid's
            German market and a church fair. Lots of crafts, food, bakeries and butcher
            shops all under one roof. Easter is a very big deal here, so we made a point
            of going down. Got a butter lamb, some painted eggs, Polish sweets that I can
            neither pronounce nor spell, bunchs of pussywillows. Saw Polish dolls, and
            fantastic meats and sausages. Folks of every sort, from poor black old
            ladies to upscale yuppies go there to shop. Felt like we'd discovered the
            "real" Buffalo.

            Love,

            Lynn

            Hope you all have a wonderful Easter!
          • Alan Mietlowski
            Message 5 of 30 , Apr 22, 2000
              Lynn,

              Saturday, April 22, 2000, 7:50:57 PM, you wrote:
              Lac> Felt like we'd discovered the "real" Buffalo.

              If you visited the Broadway Market at Eastertime, you have
              discovered the real Buffalo!

              Alan

              --
              Alan Mietlowski
              mailto:bookhound@...
              Message 6 of 30 , Jun 19, 2000
                OK, it lasts less than two minutes. I can stand that.

                This isn't so . . . .

                JEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

                Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod

                AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

                AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

                AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

                Is it over??????

                God, I am NEVER doing that again!

                (walking by new rollercoaster, the Viper. This one has several 360, upside
                down loops.)

                Yeah, right!

                Bumper cars. These are good. Just bumper cars for me from now on.

                Hey, they sell beer here!

                So, who wants to go on the Viper with me?

                This isn't so . . . .

                JEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

                OK, it lasts less than two minutes. I can stand that.

                This isn't so . . . .

                JEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

                Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod

                AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

                AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

                AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

                Is it over??????

                God, I am NEVER doing that again!

                (walking by new rollercoaster, the Viper. This one has several 360, upside
                down loops.)

                Yeah, right!

                Bumper cars. These are good. Just bumper cars for me from now on.

                Hey, they sell beer here!

                So, who wants to go on the Viper with me?

                This isn't so . . . .

                JEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

                Email | Favorites | Subscriptions | Browse | Profiles | Options | Help

                Favorite Newsgroups

                [New Articles] [Related Articles] [Previous
                Article] [Reply] [Start New Thread] [Cancel Article]

                sff.people.lynn-flewelling, article 753
                From: Lynn Flewelling
                Subject: First time on a Rollercoaster: A few thoughts
                Date: 19 Jun 2000 12:43:02 GMT
                Show Article Headers

                OK, it lasts less than two minutes. I can stand that.

                This isn't so . . . .

                JEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

                Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod

                AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

                AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

                AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

                Is it over??????

                God, I am NEVER doing that again!

                (walking by new rollercoaster, the Viper. This one has several 360, upside
                down loops.)

                Yeah, right!

                Bumper cars. These are good. Just bumper cars for me from now on.

                Hey, they sell beer here!

                So, who wants to go on the Viper with me?

                This isn't so . . . .

                JEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
              • agnes swart
                Message 7 of 30 , Jun 19, 2000

                  >OK, it lasts less than two minutes. I can stand that.
                  >
                  >This isn't so . . . .
                  >
                  >JEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
                  >
                  >Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod
                  >
                  >AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
                  >
                  >AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
                  >
                  >AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
                  >
                  >Is it over??????
                  >
                  >God, I am NEVER doing that again!

                  I take it you went to a theme-park?

                  AS.
                • Rie Sheridan
                  Message 8 of 30 , Jun 19, 2000
                    Leafmirror@... wrote:

                    > OK, it lasts less than two minutes. I can stand that.
                    >
                    > This isn't so . . . .
                    >
                    > JEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

                    You are a braver man than I am, Lynn--figuratively, of course. *G*

                    Personally, the most "radical" roller coaster I have ever been on is one that
                    runs in the dark of a large warehouse-type structure. That way I couldn't see
                    what was coming up! Even the sight of one of those things makes me queasy....

                  • _smichael@excite.com
                    Message 9 of 30 , Jun 19, 2000
                      Hey, I'm curious what park you went to. My first coaster wasa Viper
                      too!

                      Of course, I'm now a coaster nut:

                      ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

                      WWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

                      *manical laughter*

                      WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHEEEEEEEEE!

                      *manical laughter*

                      Awww! Only two minutes??!!!

                      Back in line!!

                      What?! Huh? They sell food and other rides here??!

                      -Sherry
                    • darcy
                      Message 10 of 30 , Jun 19, 2000
                        --- In Flewelling@egroups.com, Leafmirror@a... wrote:
                        > OK, it lasts less than two minutes. I can stand that.
                        >
                        > This isn't so . . . .
                        >
                        > JEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
                        >
                        > Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod
                        >
                        > AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
                        >
                        > AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
                        >
                        > AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

                        Despite your screaming, I suspect that you have a better stomach for
                        the things than I do. Lol! I'm not a rollercoaster phobic-- quite.
                        But
                        every once in awhile, when I am chained to some towering, twisting,
                        exerts-extra-g-force-on-your-skull amusement park ride, I go nuts.
                        Absolutely hysterical-- until the ride is over. Then I feel numb and
                        disconnected. Those things are practically like drugs. People often
                        use
                        them to escape the boredom or security of their lives. Me? I'll be
                        content with the bumper-cars on nearly every day of the week.
                      • Leafmirror@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 30 , Sep 21, 2000
                          I've been amazed at how many women I've run into lately who wanted, but
                          never got, an Easy Bake Oven. I feel their pain. I share that pain!

                          The Easy Bake Deprived demographic spans quite an age range so far, from
                          thirties to fifties, and the story is always the same. The mother thought it
                          was silly to pay for a toy version when you could cook for real with what she
                          already had in the kitchen.

                          That was NOT the point. The point was to have the autonomy of equipment
                          sized and safety tested (at least by ancient standards) to your own self.
                          It's not like your average home range will fit in a blanket fort, for
                          heaven's sake.

                          Well, it's not too late, thanks to ebay.

                          Go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=443613901

                          Think of the emotional wounds that can be healed with a paypal account and a
                          few mouse clicks. O brave new world!

                          So, what are YOU missing from your childhood, and does Ebay have it?

                          ;-)

                        • Stephen Morse
                          Message 12 of 30 , Sep 21, 2000
                            On 21 Sep 2000, at 9:29, Leafmirror@... wrote:

                            > I've been amazed at how many women I've run into lately who wanted,
                            > but never got, an Easy Bake Oven. I feel their pain. I share that
                            > pain!
                            <snip!>
                            > Well, it's not too late, thanks to ebay.

                            The power of nostalgia is amazing. As soon as I saw this message
                            I thought, what the heck, you can probably pick one up at toysrus.
                            Yep, the Easybake oven they sell now is $20.00

                            So I go take a look at the one on the ebay auction and I'm
                            transported back to childhood... my sister had one just like it.
                            Didn't make mud pies worth a darn though.

                            Stephen Morse

                            "You have some queer friends, Dorothy," she said.

                            "The queerness doesn't matter so long as they're friends," was the
                            answer.

                            The Road to Oz, Frank L. Baum
                          • Pharlain
                            Message 13 of 30 , Sep 21, 2000
                              on 9/21/00 5:12 PM, Dewey at deweylist@... wrote:

                              > I always wanted one of those kits that made the wiggley worms and
                              > bugs. (Can't remember the name) You had some mixture in squeeze
                              > bottles that you poured into molds and heated to make them solid.
                              > Again, one of those things that was too expensive and messy! Not
                              > sure if they still make them. Probably not allowed because of safety. I
                              > seem to remember it was pretty easy to get burned on the metal molds
                              > and the little heating element.\

                              CREEPY CRAWLERS!!! I had that set! Loved it to death! It was just the best!
                              I had the glow in the dark ooze.... great. I did however NEVER get my easy
                              bake oven. I feel deprived! LIke I missed somthing as a child. One of my
                              friends says that's the reason I grew up to be such a tomboy. She'll go into
                              great detail about how because of the lack of an easy bake oven I lost many
                              lessons in feminity and that explains why I date more girls than boys and
                              why I won't wear makeup... etc etc. She's also a rather disturbed and
                              uptight person and there are many times I think she could use a good shot or
                              two of vodka. I usually end up drinking it for her.

                              > Now, "blanket forts," that brings up a whole set of memories <g>
                              >
                              > Dewey (who will probably now go waste time on eBay instead of
                              > everything else she has to do!)

                              Blanket forts... how many of my memories have I had in a blanket fort? I
                              used to have a permantent one over the dinning room table (we never used
                              that room). It was comfy and had lots and lots of pillow. Eventually it
                              became known as "makeout fort" by all of my friends and my mother heard the
                              nickname...I was forced to take it down. Ah well, that's life ne?
                              --
                              ~Pharlain

                              "Most people won't learn by experience . . . Never underestimate the power
                              of human
                              stupidity."

                              R O B E R T A. H E I N L E I N
                            • Pharlain
                              Message 14 of 30 , Sep 21, 2000
                                on 9/21/00 1:29 PM, Leafmirror@... at Leafmirror@... wrote:

                                > So, what are YOU missing from your childhood, and does Ebay have it?

                                I never got to play with dolls. Somehow I get the impression that this was
                                an itricate part of growing up as a little girl in America. I had a few
                                barbies but they always ending up going on trials for their crimes (being a
                                slut... demeaning women... that sort of thing) and then of course being
                                sentenced to some obscene punishment, like being bbq'ed or burried alive or
                                fried with a magnifiying glass.... I was a sick sick child. Can you tell I
                                was raised by a divorced single mother who blamed her ex-husband for
                                everything? On the bright side she was quite possibly the only liberal woman
                                in that town... her and her best friend. Her best friends son and I grew up
                                together, we used to take trips to NYC down to the village to see rocky
                                horror picture show with our mothers.
                                Come to think of It I'm suprised I grew up as well adjusted as I did!
                                --
                                ~Pharlain

                                I hope life isn't a joke because i don't get it.
                              • Pharlain
                                Message 15 of 30 , Sep 21, 2000
                                  on 9/21/00 7:47 PM, Leafmirror@... at Leafmirror@... wrote:

                                  > In my parents' defense, even though they didn't buy me the oven, they did get
                                  > me the Incredible Edibles (yes, edible) goop for the Creepy Crawlers. So
                                  > instead of dainty little cakes, my friends and I cranked out and ate handfuls
                                  > of rubbery and no doubt carcinogenic insects. And my mother wonders why I
                                  > turned out like I did!

                                  Yeah I know where you're coming from! I ate em too. My favorite was the big
                                  tarantula, or maybe the catipillar. And do you know what was great about
                                  creepy crawlers? Remember how they'd stick to walls and such, my entire room
                                  was covered with them. I used to put them in the kitchen and bathroom too
                                  just to freak out guests. I also remember that once I had a whole plastic
                                  baggy of them, and I left it outside in the sun. Then next day I had a big
                                  glob of goo!
                                  --
                                  ~Pharlain

                                  If a turtle loses his shell, is it naked or homeless?
                                • Dewey
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Sep 21, 2000
                                    On 21 Sep 2000, at 9:29, Leafmirror@... wrote:

                                    > I've been amazed at how many women I've run into lately who wanted, but
                                    > never got, an Easy Bake Oven. I feel their pain. I share that pain!

                                    I got one from a garage sale as a kid, but Mom never would buy the
                                    little mixes that went with it. Too expensive. So every try was a huge
                                    mess and hassle and everything burned, or didn't cook right and she'd
                                    gripe about the mess... It's a wonder I like to cook at all ;-)

                                    I always wanted one of those kits that made the wiggley worms and
                                    bugs. (Can't remember the name) You had some mixture in squeeze
                                    bottles that you poured into molds and heated to make them solid.
                                    Again, one of those things that was too expensive and messy! Not
                                    sure if they still make them. Probably not allowed because of safety. I
                                    seem to remember it was pretty easy to get burned on the metal molds
                                    and the little heating element.

                                    Now, "blanket forts," that brings up a whole set of memories <g>

                                    Dewey (who will probably now go waste time on eBay instead of
                                    everything else she has to do!)

                                    http://im.yahoo.com
                                  • Pharlain
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Sep 21, 2000
                                      on 9/21/00 10:31 PM, Mistywolfgirl980@... at Mistywolfgirl980@...
                                      wrote:

                                      > Heh were they any good?

                                      the best! And to be honest dear? Would you really want to be normal? They
                                      are all boring. As I always say, if I have a choice between heaven and hell
                                      I'd pick Hell any day. the way I see it only boring people will make it to
                                      heaven. Hell will be like one giant dance party!
                                      Course I'm not religious so don't really believe in either... but I think
                                      it's still a good point!
                                      --
                                      ~Pharlain

                                      Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening.
                                    • Jeff Johnson
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Sep 21, 2000
                                        Creepy Crawlers - especially the edible version ! Tasted lousy, but what a
                                        gas !

                                        > I always wanted one of those kits that made the wiggley worms and
                                        > bugs. (Can't remember the name) You had some mixture in squeeze
                                        > bottles that you poured into molds and heated to make them solid.
                                        > Again, one of those things that was too expensive and messy! Not
                                        > sure if they still make them. Probably not allowed because of safety. I
                                        > seem to remember it was pretty easy to get burned on the metal molds
                                        > and the little heating element.\

                                        CREEPY CRAWLERS!!! I had that set! Loved it to death! It was just the best!
                                        I had the glow in the dark ooze.... great. I did however NEVER get my easy
                                        bake oven. I feel deprived! LIke I missed somthing as a child. One of my
                                        friends says that's the reason I grew up to be such a tomboy. She'll go into
                                        great detail about how because of the lack of an easy bake oven I lost many
                                        lessons in feminity and that explains why I date more girls than boys and
                                        why I won't wear makeup... etc etc. She's also a rather disturbed and
                                        uptight person and there are many times I think she could use a good shot or
                                        two of vodka. I usually end up drinking it for her.

                                        > Now, "blanket forts," that brings up a whole set of memories <g>
                                        >
                                        > Dewey (who will probably now go waste time on eBay instead of
                                        > everything else she has to do!)

                                        Blanket forts... how many of my memories have I had in a blanket fort? I
                                        used to have a permantent one over the dinning room table (we never used
                                        that room). It was comfy and had lots and lots of pillow. Eventually it
                                        became known as "makeout fort" by all of my friends and my mother heard the
                                        nickname...I was forced to take it down. Ah well, that's life ne?
                                        --
                                        ~Pharlain

                                        "Most people won't learn by experience . . . Never underestimate the power
                                        of human
                                        stupidity."

                                        R O B E R T A. H E I N L E I N

                                        Community email addresses:
                                        Post message: Flewelling@onelist.com
                                        Subscribe: Flewelling-subscribe@onelist.com

                                        Shortcut URL to this page:
                                        http://www.onelist.com/community/Flewelling

                                      • Leafmirror@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Sep 21, 2000
                                          In a message dated 9/21/00 3:16:05 PM, celtra@... writes:

                                          >CREEPY CRAWLERS!!! I had that set! Loved it to death! It was just the best!
                                          >I had the glow in the dark ooze.... great. I did however NEVER get my easy
                                          >bake oven. I feel deprived!

                                          I had one too, and I bet we can both remember what our favorite bugs were.
                                          (Mine: The big scarab beetle, and the dragonfly with clear Vacuform wings)

                                        • Mistywolfgirl980@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Sep 21, 2000
                                            In a message dated 9/21/00 12:17:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
                                            celtra@... writes:

                                            << I had a few
                                            barbies but they always ending up going on trials for their crimes (being a
                                            slut... demeaning women... that sort of thing) and then of course being
                                            sentenced to some obscene punishment, like being bbq'ed or burried alive or
                                            fried with a magnifiying glass.... I was a sick sick child. >>
                                            I did pretty much the same thing too except my brother's helped me
                                            tie their hair to a ceiling fan and watch them fly off of it. Once one landed
                                            in the toilet hehe. Except I never did boil them in water though hmm I wonder
                                            how 'perfect' she'd look then....... Okay maybe i didnt come out
                                            normal........
                                            Anyway I never got Creepy Crawlers either. Some of my friends did though :(
                                            Heh were they any good?