Nightrunner RPG & Skalan History 5

  • uschi-kugelmann@gmx.de
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2000
      Hi folks ...

      First I have to apologize ... I was very busy last week, so I couldn't
      answer your questions yet ...
      First to Andrea ...
      Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:42:17 -0800 (PST)
      From: Andrea Chavez <achavez47@...>
      Subject: Nightrunner RPG
      ooohhh
      Can I play too? :-)
      If you are able to attend a regular date in Munich, Germany, ... I could
      set you on the waiting-list ... ;) ... currently the group is full (6
      Players, with 1 other already on the waiting-list ...)

      I loved playing Ars Magica when I had a group of pther
      interested types in my town, but they moved. sigh.
      I hope you will find others to play instead ... try to post a memo at your
      local "games"-store ...
      This sounds like a cool story...let us know how it
      works out!
      If other readers of this list don't oppose, I will report from time to
      time about the progress ...
      Now to Sall ...
      > Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 00:29:41 EST
      > From: "Shinto Assassino /Sall Kara" <karapower1@...>
      > Subject: Re: Roleplay?
      >
      > I've been quiet for a long, time, and I haven't been able to catch up
      > with
      > most of the e-mails until lately, but the mention of roleplaying did
      > catch
      > my attention. Do you roleplay this on the net? And where? I am a
      > roleplayer
      > myself and I would like to observe your style of roleplaying if it is on
      > the
      > net.
      Sorry, no ... this is an oldfashioned face-to-face-event ... but, as above
      mentioned, I can make unregularly reports, if you wish ...

      And now to something completely ...

      No ...
      not different ;)
      To Lynn (about the timeline ...):
      I'm currently rewriting the timeline I've puzzled from the novels ...
      there are some contradictions made by the characters, which I will point
      out
      when posting it here ... (even novel-characters can make mistakes ...)
      What I've found yet:
      As the first creation of the Helm of Seriamaius is exactly 684 Years
      before the conclusion of SD (12(!)*57 y. ... what can we make of this?),
      this
      will put the prime time of the Great War with Gherilain I.'s ascension to
      the
      Skalan throne in the same period with the exact date shortly before, no
      more
      than 1-3y. ...
      Nysanders age is given with 289 years in LS, which makes him about 290 in
      the conclusion of SD. As he himself mentions, he saw the first Leran
      Uprising after Idrilain I.'s marriage with Corruth as a young man/boy(?)
      (shortly
      before or after the begin of his apprenticeship with Arkoniel(?)), this
      puts
      the marriage about 280-260 y. ago ... with Idrilain I. ruling 32y. before
      being poisoned, Lera ruling 16y. before dying in childbed with 50 (as
      given by
      Seregil ...) and Corruthesthera dying with 147y. in battle, this gives not
      very much room for further queens between Idrilain I. and II. ...
      A list of queens from Idrilain I. on would look like this:
      *Idrilain I. (reign: 32y., age?, died by poison)
      *Lera (reign: 16y., age 50, died in childbed)
      *Corruthesthera (reign:?, age 147, died in battle - ag. Plenimar?)
      (all by source Seregil, in LS, in explaining the Lerans to Alec)
      *Elani the beautiful(reign:?, age ?, died in Plague (?), Watchers suspect
      Leran assassination)
      (Source: Nysander, speaking to Idrilain I. after the trial of the forgers)
      *Klia (reign:?, age?, killed by plenimaran assassin, watchers suspect
      Leran connection)
      (Source: Nysander, speaking to Idrilain I. after the trial of the forgers
      and Klia's introduction by the Khirnari of Gedre in TM: "Klia � Idrilain
      Elesthera Klia")
      *Elesthera (reign:? age? ...)
      (Source: Klia's introduction by the Khirnari of Gedre in TM, s.above)
      *Idrilain II. (reign:? age>70, died of wounds received in battle)
      *Phoria (reign: 1y. age ca. 50, currently alive)
      (Source: both in TM)
      ..
      Some contradictions/bugs I remember:
      *Seregil tells Alec, that the wedding of Idrilain I. and Corruth is only
      100y. ago (LS, german ed.), but Nysander wouldn't be very young at this
      point then ... not to forget, that Corruthesthera would still be alive (as
      he gives her age at death with 147y., see above)...
      *(TM) the Khirnari of Viresse mentions at the banquet at his clanhouse in
      Sarikali to Klia, that he "danced with her ancestor, Gherilani
      (Gherilain?), when he was a boy ... which would make him about 700y. old,
      older than the explicitely oldest member of the Iia Sidra, the
      Silmai-khirnari with something over 400y. ...
      * On the Map in the engl. Edition of LS, Wolde lies on the westbank of the
      Brythwin ... but in the novel, Wolde was build around the bridge over the
      Gallistrom ...
      * In the novel Seregil and Alec enter Wolde from the west(? - S. mentions
      to A. before their voyage through the downs, that he never thought to be so
      far WEST ... at least in the german translation ...) ... the Dalnan Temple -
      when they reach the centre of Wolde - is referred as being on the opposite
      of the bridge(?) - the eastbank of the Gallistrom, which is described to be
      unfordable in this area ... when Seregil, Alec and Micum make their escape
      from Wolde by the underground-tunnel of the Dalna-Temple, there is no mention
      of them crossing the Gallistrom (above or below) ... and surely they didn't
      surround the Blackwater Lake by the south route (over the river �sk) to
      reach Boersby - as they pass Stook Tor on their voyage there ... (maybe the
      positioning of the Temple on the eastbank was a mistake through the translation
      ... I currently cannot cross-check with the engl. Ed. of LS)

      Sorry for nitpicking ...

      Bye
      Uschi

      --
      Valeron Ishtar

    • Leafmirror@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2000
        In a message dated 3/3/00 11:47:08 AM, uschi-kugelmann@... writes:

        >I'm currently rewriting the timeline I've puzzled from the novels ...
        >
        >there are some contradictions made by the characters,

        I don't doubt it. Some of this may be problems in translation; others are
        probably author error. Or I could chalk it up to errors by the speakers,
        which I think I will!

        ;-)