Poll results for Flewelling

  • Flewelling@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 1, 2001
      The following Flewelling poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: What is it about a book that FIRST
      catches your attention and makes you
      consider it as a possible read?

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - The cover, 12 votes, 27.91%
      - The title of the book, 4 votes, 9.30%
      - A familiar author, 9 votes, 20.93%
      - A new author, 1 votes, 2.33%
      - Unusual author's name, 1 votes, 2.33%
      - Recommended by someone else, 13 votes, 30.23%
      - It's part of a series (example: Star Wars, Dragonlance, etc.)., 1 votes, 2.33%
      - The book is faced out on the bookstore shelf., 2 votes, 4.65%
      - The book is spined out on the bookstore shelf., 0 votes, 0.00%
      - The book is on a display., 0 votes, 0.00%

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flewelling

      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
    • Flewelling@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 1, 2002
        The following Flewelling poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: Hey guys! Okay, for poll number three:

        What kind of music do ya'll listen to?
        More than one's fine, I don't care how
        many you pick. If I've missed
        something, which I probably have, email
        me and I'll put it in... Thanks

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - Classical, 11 votes, 7.97%
        - Hard Rock, 8 votes, 5.80%
        - Alternative Rock, 11 votes, 7.97%
        - Folk, 4 votes, 2.90%
        - Country, 2 votes, 1.45%
        - Oldies, 9 votes, 6.52%
        - Jazz, 6 votes, 4.35%
        - Soft Rock, 9 votes, 6.52%
        - Celtic (Yes, it gets it's very own category ;-), 8 votes, 5.80%
        - Pop, 11 votes, 7.97%
        - Baby Music (Mary Had A Little Lamb type stuff), 0 votes, 0.00%
        - Salsa/Tango Stuff, 3 votes, 2.17%
        - Something I've missed, 7 votes, 5.07%
        - Click here so I know how many people actually took the poll, 17 votes, 12.32%
        - Classic Rock, 11 votes, 7.97%
        - Noise (this one's for Noerml), 4 votes, 2.90%
        - J-pop (and all the other ones starting with J that I can't remember), 2 votes, 1.45%
        - Click here because I know that I missed a whole bunch more, but I'm a lazy person so I'm going to bed instead of fixing it, 7 votes, 5.07%
        - Hard Rock, 8 votes, 5.80%

        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 10, 2002
          The following Flewelling poll is now closed. Here are the
          final results:

          POLL QUESTION: How did you like the new Lord of the Rings movie?

          CHOICES AND RESULTS
          - Better than the book., 1 votes, 4.55%
          - Perfect., 6 votes, 27.27%
          - Some flaws, yet great., 12 votes, 54.55%
          - OK, but not what I had hoped for., 1 votes, 4.55%
          - Much worse than I thought., 1 votes, 4.55%
          - Lousy., 0 votes, 0.00%
          - Worst film I've ever seen., 0 votes, 0.00%
          - It was OK, but had nothing in common with the books., 0 votes, 0.00%
          - It had nothing in common with the books, so I detested it., 0 votes, 0.00%
          - None of the above., 1 votes, 4.55%

          INDIVIDUAL VOTES
          - Better than the book.
          - whetner@...
          - Perfect.
          - sweepin@...
          - calvin8@...
          - queenmarcie@...
          - sithdragn@...
          - ricarda_19@...
          - lele219@...
          - Some flaws, yet great.
          - Leafmirror@...
          - cloak@...
          - riewrites1@...
          - Areem21@...
          - kirby10@...
          - achavez47@...
          - megara133@...
          - richens@...
          - freddiek@...
          - ae915@...
          - ann_landmann@...
          - Julie.Benzer@...
          - OK, but not what I had hoped for.
          - ambermoon_00@...
          - Much worse than I thought.
          - schaulkr@...
          - Lousy.
          - Worst film I've ever seen.
          - It was OK, but had nothing in common with the books.
          - It had nothing in common with the books, so I detested it.
          - None of the above.
          - caitlynwasham@...

          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 15 12:22 AM
            The following Flewelling poll is now closed. Here are the
            final results:

            POLL QUESTION: Would you actually use a chat room?

            CHOICES AND RESULTS
            - Yes, 17 votes, 85.00%
            - No, 3 votes, 15.00%

            INDIVIDUAL VOTES
            - Yes
            - Xmimitachikawax@...
            - calvin8@...
            - sweepin@...
            - queenmarcie@...
            - ricarda_19@...
            - noerml@...
            - magicalbookworm@...
            - jwpratt@...
            - minako@...
            - asaya@...
            - dinerd@...
            - caitlynwasham@...
            - megara133@...
            - uschi-kugelmann@...
            - chogata@...
            - ivyseer@...
            - MamieBird@...
            - No
            - Areem21@...
            - KirstenKoehne@...
            - staunton262@...

            Message 5 of 23 , May 18, 2002
              The following Flewelling poll is now closed. Here are the
              final results:

              POLL QUESTION: In the next Alec and Seregil book,
              should Skalans have access to chocolate
              in some form?

              CHOICES AND RESULTS
              - Yes, 1 votes, 5.56%
              - Yes, of course, 1 votes, 5.56%
              - OhpleaseohpleaseohpleaseYes, 6 votes, 33.33%
              - Whaddya mean they don't have chocolate?, 7 votes, 38.89%
              - no (which really means yes) ;), 3 votes, 16.67%

              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 8, 2002
                The following Flewelling poll is now closed. Here are the
                final results:

                POLL QUESTION: If you could date either Alec or
                Seregil, which would it be? ;-)

                CHOICES AND RESULTS
                - Alec , 19 votes, 51.35%
                - Seregil, 18 votes, 48.65%

                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 8, 2002
                  The following Flewelling poll is now closed. Here are the
                  final results:

                  POLL QUESTION: If you could live in one of these
                  places, which would it be? :-)

                  CHOICES AND RESULTS
                  - Aurenen, 6 votes, 26.09%
                  - Skala, 15 votes, 65.22%
                  - Mycena, 2 votes, 8.70%
                  - Plenimar, 0 votes, 0.00%

                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flewelling

                  http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
                • oberondd
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 8, 2002
                    > POLL QUESTION: If you could date either Alec or
                    > Seregil, which would it be? ;-)
                    >
                    > CHOICES AND RESULTS
                    > - Alec , 19 votes, 51.35%
                    > - Seregil, 18 votes, 48.65%

                    I still would go for both! But that's the pig in me. :-)

                  • Flewelling@yahoogroups.com
                    Message 9 of 23 , Mar 21, 2003
                      The following Flewelling poll is now closed. Here are the
                      final results:

                      POLL QUESTION: What did you think of LOTR II-The Two
                      Towers?

                      CHOICES AND RESULTS
                      - Better than the first movie, 8 votes, 21.05%
                      - Worse than the first movie, 3 votes, 7.89%
                      - Same as the first movie, 3 votes, 7.89%
                      - Best movie ever, 3 votes, 7.89%
                      - Worst movie ever, 1 votes, 2.63%
                      - Was annoyed that it ended at a different spot than the books, 1 votes, 2.63%
                      - Eh, what was it about? I was just watched it for the hot guys :), 3 votes, 7.89%
                      - You're assuming i watched the movie, 0 votes, 0.00%
                      - There should be more fantasy flicks...maybe a nightrunner movie :), 15 votes, 39.47%
                      - Other/I forgot something, 1 votes, 2.63%

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 15, 2003
                        The following Flewelling poll is now closed. Here are the
                        final results:

                        POLL QUESTION: How old were you when you first read
                        one of Lynn's books?

                        CHOICES AND RESULTS
                        - younger than 10, 0 votes, 0.00%
                        - 10-15, 2 votes, 5.71%
                        - 16-20, 8 votes, 22.86%
                        - 21-25, 9 votes, 25.71%
                        - 26-30, 5 votes, 14.29%
                        - 31-35, 5 votes, 14.29%
                        - 36-40, 4 votes, 11.43%
                        - 40-45, 0 votes, 0.00%
                        - 45-50, 0 votes, 0.00%
                        - 50+, 2 votes, 5.71%

                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 16, 2003
                          The following Flewelling poll is now closed. Here are the
                          final results:

                          POLL QUESTION: Let's find out the age range of Lynn's
                          fan base!!! Check your age below and
                          we'll have all kinds of fun discussing
                          and interpretting :)

                          CHOICES AND RESULTS
                          - 10 - 15, 1 votes, 1.67%
                          - 16 - 20, 14 votes, 23.33%
                          - 21 - 25, 12 votes, 20.00%
                          - 26 - 30, 9 votes, 15.00%
                          - 31 - 35, 8 votes, 13.33%
                          - 36 - 40, 7 votes, 11.67%
                          - 41 - 45, 5 votes, 8.33%
                          - 46 - 50, 2 votes, 3.33%
                          - 51 - 55, 2 votes, 3.33%
                          - 56 - *cough* 30 :), 0 votes, 0.00%

                          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flewelling

                          http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
                        • Brett N. Meroney
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 16, 2003
                            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Flewelling@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                            Cool :) -> The results seem to confirm what we'd all suspected - a
                            wide age range, but weighted towards the younger end. Thanks
                            everyone for taking part! Lynn, with all of this in mind, I was
                            wondering - has your understanding/concept of your audience changed
                            over time? And has it been in a way that's affected your writing?

                            Thx! Jus' wondrin'

                            -Brett

                            > The following Flewelling poll is now closed. Here are the
                            > final results:
                            >
                            > POLL QUESTION: Let's find out the age range of Lynn's
                            > fan base!!! Check your age below and
                            > we'll have all kinds of fun discussing
                            > and interpretting :)
                            >
                            > CHOICES AND RESULTS
                            > - 10 - 15, 1 votes, 1.67%
                            > - 16 - 20, 14 votes, 23.33%
                            > - 21 - 25, 12 votes, 20.00%
                            > - 26 - 30, 9 votes, 15.00%
                            > - 31 - 35, 8 votes, 13.33%
                            > - 36 - 40, 7 votes, 11.67%
                            > - 41 - 45, 5 votes, 8.33%
                            > - 46 - 50, 2 votes, 3.33%
                            > - 51 - 55, 2 votes, 3.33%
                            > - 56 - *cough* 30 :), 0 votes, 0.00%
                          • leafmirror2
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 16, 2003
                              --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Brett N. Meroney" <gamemstr@e...>
                              wrote:
                              Lynn, with all of this in mind, I was
                              > wondering - has your understanding/concept of your audience changed
                              > over time? And has it been in a way that's affected your writing?

                              LOL! I get asked that a lot. The fact is, my views on gay relationships, and
                              human relationships in general, formed a very long time ago. The ancient gay
                              marriage rites, while still controversial among some historians, are not recent
                              news. The ancient Greeks appear to have also had a formal rite, though it was
                              more of a staged abduction.

                              In other words, I've always been a flaming liberal libertarian humanist and
                              history buff; the world is just finally catching up. ;-)

                              As for a concept of my audience? The only audience I ever really take into
                              consideration is myself. I write what I like to write, what interests me. I don't
                              mean that to sound arrogant, it's just the truth. I do work within certain genre
                              parameters (the use of magic, weaponry, lots of action, etc) but how I play with
                              those is a personal choice. I don't know any other way to work. I'm just lucky
                              what I like to write sells.

                              I've certainly become *aware* of my audience, thanks to fan mail and groups
                              like this, and I'm delighted at the incredible diversity. But that's just a lucky
                              byproduct, not anything I feel I had any control over.

                              Lynn
                            • JediJelly@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 16, 2003
                                In a message dated 6/16/03 5:25:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                                leafmirror2@... writes:

                                > As for a concept of my audience? The only audience I ever really take into
                                > consideration is myself. I write what I like to write, what interests me. I
                                > don't
                                > mean that to sound arrogant, it's just the truth. I do work within certain
                                > genre
                                > parameters (the use of magic, weaponry, lots of action, etc) but how I play
                                > with
                                > those is a personal choice. I don't know any other way to work. I'm just
                                > lucky
                                > what I like to write sells.

                                Thank you! I mean your quote, "I write what I like to write, what interests
                                me." Maybe it's me, but I think I'm starting to see new writers who now simply
                                write a story which they think (prays) will sell, as opposed to creating a
                                story, world, characters they genuinely like. They write for the sex or shock
                                value, which just irks me to no end (but there must be fans out there). Fantasy
                                artists get under my skin the most, but then, like writers, they're doing what
                                they know will sell. But oh! I just *so* love those wonderful book covers of
                                exotic looking women, breasts tied up to their chin with bits of clothes that
                                look like it just lost a fight to a paper shredder, holding a sword that's
                                three times the size they are. Oh yea, like I can really imagine myself as this
                                character :P

                                ~Heidi

                                "The only reliable parts of American newspapers are horoscopes, weather
                                forecasts, and economic outlooks, which are all consistently false."

                                --Dave Barry, from Dave Barry's 'Bad Habits'

                              • Andrea Chavez
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 16, 2003
                                  > As for a concept of my audience? The only audience
                                  > I ever really take into
                                  > consideration is myself. I write what I like to
                                  > write, what interests me. I don't
                                  > mean that to sound arrogant, it's just the truth.
                                  > I do work within certain genre
                                  > parameters (the use of magic, weaponry, lots of
                                  > action, etc) but how I play with
                                  > those is a personal choice. I don't know any other
                                  > way to work. I'm just lucky
                                  > what I like to write sells.

                                  You write the perfect way. If you wrote stuff you did
                                  not really like, but it sold.....well, how boring that
                                  would be. Writing takes a lot of time, effort and
                                  emotion...more than one first thinks when starting out
                                  with a "little story I thought of"
                                  One can usually tell if a writer is writing for a
                                  market as opposed to something they WANT to write.

                                  As Lynn said....she is just lucky that what she like
                                  sells!! Hurray for us too!!

                                  Andrea - -anxiously awaiting July.

                                  =====
                                  Andrea C

                                  "I always pass on good advice,
                                  It's the only thing to do with it" --Oscar Wilde

                                  http://sbc.yahoo.com
                                • Flewelling@yahoogroups.com
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jan 11, 2005
                                    The following Flewelling poll is now closed. Here are the
                                    final results:

                                    POLL QUESTION: O.K guys--I'm new at this,..so bear
                                    with me! If you were in Tobins
                                    place,..would you have told Ki
                                    everything? Like about you being a
                                    girl and everything?

                                    CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                    - No, 10 votes, 71.43%
                                    - Yes, 4 votes, 28.57%

                                    INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                                    - No
                                    - nikoforever_forever@...
                                    - kamadake_ko@...
                                    - aharlib@...
                                    - audrey_talssi@...
                                    - bickpl@...
                                    - sith_jester@...
                                    - oriya_san@...
                                    - darth_chi@...
                                    - bleebs@...
                                    - eirynh_jayde@...
                                    - Yes
                                    - magicalbookworm@...
                                    - happycynyc@...
                                    - dpeavy@...
                                    - gaile.pohlhaus@...

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Apr 3, 2005
                                      The following Flewelling poll is now closed. Here are the
                                      final results:

                                      POLL QUESTION: In a romantic relationship would you
                                      rather be the mentor/teacher (like
                                      Seregil) or the protege/student? (like
                                      Alec)

                                      CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                      - Mentor/teacher, 0 votes, 0.00%
                                      - Protege/student, 13 votes, 43.33%
                                      - neither, my partner and I must be equal, 9 votes, 30.00%
                                      - I don't know, depends on my partner, 8 votes, 26.67%

                                      INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                                      - Mentor/teacher
                                      - Protege/student
                                      - shadowdancerneko@...
                                      - tanta_green@...
                                      - charlotte@...
                                      - sith_jester@...
                                      - lily_solsken@...
                                      - writeholly@...
                                      - pennavn@...
                                      - ionabartlett@...
                                      - yohanna86@...
                                      - melostalways@...
                                      - garrin@...
                                      - silverhawk1000@...
                                      - anscot@...
                                      - neither, my partner and I must be equal
                                      - Jessica_Fisher@...
                                      - bleebs@...
                                      - yumen79@...
                                      - jilell@...
                                      - kohlpuppy@...
                                      - monalee@...
                                      - sho-pi@...
                                      - mazoku@...
                                      - kakyuu_andromeda@...
                                      - nilysilver@...
                                      - miya_black2000@...
                                      - donotasido@...
                                      - wraiths_on_wings@...
                                      - septembergirlie@...
                                      - alice_montrose@...

                                      Message 18 of 23 , May 30, 2005
                                        The following Flewelling poll is now closed. Here are the
                                        final results:

                                        POLL QUESTION: Hey--Just for fun,..and to find out
                                        how many of Lynn's fans are girls or
                                        boys..

                                        CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                        - I am a GIRL, 51 votes, 83.61%
                                        - I am a BOY, 10 votes, 16.39%

                                        INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                                        - I am a GIRL
                                        - trust_n1@...
                                        - tanta_green@...
                                        - magicalbookworm@...
                                        - a_folkesson@...
                                        - happycynyc@...
                                        - kamadake_ko@...
                                        - pennavn@...
                                        - aeridenraven@...
                                        - aharlib@...
                                        - mellenbal@...
                                        - bickpl@...
                                        - ryankou@...
                                        - lavierevee@...
                                        - sith_jester@...
                                        - squallmorpheusleonhart@...
                                        - Jessica_Fisher@...
                                        - donjuans1503rd@...
                                        - bleebs@...
                                        - nikoforever_forever@...
                                        - moonflyerus@...
                                        - yumen79@...
                                        - gaile.pohlhaus@...
                                        - oriya_san@...
                                        - rasmizar@...
                                        - darth_chi@...
                                        - annie.kane@...
                                        - kodiak_six@...
                                        - alice_montrose@...
                                        - killerchuck2@...
                                        - miya_black2000@...
                                        - charlotte@...
                                        - shadowdancerneko@...
                                        - pettit@...
                                        - patmaryf@...
                                        - glbenway@...
                                        - shade_zephyr@...
                                        - otterdance2@...
                                        - christa_26@...
                                        - eirynh_jayde@...
                                        - KirstenKoehne@...
                                        - JecaChan@...
                                        - mc230271@...
                                        - electryone@...
                                        - idriel@...
                                        - cool_smile03@...
                                        - daydreamer1585@...
                                        - kohlpuppy@...
                                        - chrismage26@...
                                        - fishybunny@...
                                        - sharisandwick@...
                                        - anscot@...
                                        - I am a BOY
                                        - dpeavy@...
                                        - loplop@...
                                        - mttdfrk@...
                                        - garrin@...
                                        - purchase@...
                                        - mjgross2@...
                                        - adfishbeck@...
                                        - sho-pi@...
                                        - silverhawk1000@...
                                        - jlm@...

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Dec 10, 2008
                                          The following Flewelling poll is now closed. Here are the
                                          final results:

                                          POLL QUESTION: The group has certainly grown. Just curious as to where everyone is from!

                                          CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                          - USA, 41 votes, 39.81%
                                          - Canada, 6 votes, 5.83%
                                          - Central/South America, 0 votes, 0.00%
                                          - Europe (includes UK), 39 votes, 37.86%
                                          - Oceania (Australia, New Zealand, islands), 14 votes, 13.59%
                                          - Japan, 1 votes, 0.97%
                                          - Other Asian Country, 2 votes, 1.94%
                                          - India, 0 votes, 0.00%
                                          - Russia, 0 votes, 0.00%