Re: Guy Fawkes Day

  • jjarbanas@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001
      Thanks, Elise and Helen, for the background info. I hadn't read any
      European history for a long time, so I'd forgotten the details. I
      *had* been watching Simon Schama's "History of Britain," which is
      airing this week on The History Channel, but as luck would have it, I
      ended up being otherwise occupied every evening this week, and missed
      the episodes about Elizabeth, Mary, and James.

      Jill