Re: [Flewelling] Full Moon/Blue Moon Halloween!!

    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 1, 2001
      In a message dated 10/31/01 7:50:39 PM GMT Standard Time, achavez47@...
      writes:

      > Jill -- PARTY!! Set out your Jack-O-Lantern's to
      > welcome the spirits of the dearly parted and scare
      > away the evil ones. Give treats for those asking for
      > soul cakes -- Get ready for Guy Fawkes if you're in
      > England.
      > The cosmos is a happening place tonight!!
      >
      > HEY - those who have read Point of Dreams -- Don't you
      > think this is a time for a Ghost-Tide??
      >
      > Happy Samhain all

      Hope you all had a good time last night!!

      The big Guy Fawkes parties will be this weekend probably, the big organised
      parties are usually the weekend before and the weekend after Nov 5th, me I
      like to stick to tradition <g>. Standing round a big bonfire trying to keep
      warm, baking potatoes and sausages, trying to kill yourselves with the
      biggest fireworks you can find... well not literally but some people are
      incredibly stupid, buy illegally imported ones and let off something the size
      of a small bomb. And you have to have sparklers... And if that's not
      enough, it's Diwali round about the same time so the large Hindu community in
      the UK are also letting off loads of fireworks, Diwali is fun though, the
      festival of light it translates as.

      You just have to remember to shut up the animals early every night for a
      couple of weeks as the bangs frighten them, and check your bonfires for
      hedgehogs etc...

    • Dan and Julia Alldredge
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 1, 2001
        At 05:04 PM 10/31/2001 -0000, you wrote:
        >Hey, I'm the right age, and I can already shoot! . . .
        >

        >fw: Woman Power!

        Oh this is wonderful. We were passing this around the office today. Many
        of us women of THAT age were rolling on the floor.

        Julia