Hello!

  • Ailei
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2001
      I thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. I'm a talkative thing when I get started, so you'll probably hear alot out of me. My name's Ailei, and I write dark fantasy/horror. I was originally pointed in the direction of LITS by some online friends who know I'm always looking for books that portray homosexuality positively and openly, since I tend to write it myself. And I was just enthralled ;) I made TM last like, a whole week, because I knew there wasn't a fourth. I'm very much looking forward to finding a copy of Bone Doll's Twin, too. I love that royal family <g>.

      I've looked through the last month or so on the archives, and I have to brag. I have a custom-made long bow with a 48.5 pound draw. Yeah, no one was more shocked than me when he measured what I could pull and came up with that. I was expecting....oh...25 pounds max. LOL. I guess toting around those babies really builds the upper body strength. But boy, do I feel butch when I shoot. Grrr. I am woman, and all that.

      Okay, I've blathered enough.

      Ailei

    • meljyou
      Message 2 of 5 , May 8, 2002
        Hello peoples!

        My name is Melanie, Mel for short. I have been lurking around this
        list for a week or two now. Then I suddenly realized I hadn't posted
        anything, and since everyone's introducing themselves, I figured I
        would, too.

        I live in New York state, about an hour from the city (which is
        really nice because the same friend who got me reading the
        Nightrunner's series also told me Ms. Flewelling lives somewhere in
        the Buffalo area, and it would be really easy to drive there for a
        book signing....now all I need is a car...). I'm attempting to
        finish my junior year in high school, a rather dreary process
        considering the number of tests I must take and the amount of time it
        takes away from my reading. Like numerous other people on the list
        it seems, I have a cat. Cutest little thing, barly a year old. But
        I have a dog, too! She's also very sweet, but very old. With the
        amount of opposites, it evens out quite nicely. ^.^

        I was introduced to "Luck in the Shadows" when a friend of mine came
        up to me one day at school, shoved a book into my hand, and basically
        said "Read this now!". It turns out I really did enjoy reading it.
        She and I now have numerous conversations and debates on the
        characters and events in the books (One of the only things we agree
        on is that Thero needs a kitten...maybe a love interest... He's
        too...uptight, I guess is a good way to describe it...anyway...).
        She is currently trying to get me to read "Bone Doll's Twin".

        Besides SF/F, I also have a slight obsession for Japanese animation
        and cosplay. I enjoy some of obscure and dark manga as well as some
        of the more well known and cute stuff. Though, if you ask any of my
        friends, they'll tell you I'm the "morbid one" (something I find hard
        to believe...). And for my final quirk, my music tastes incorporate
        anything from some rap, r&b, pop, jazz, rock, and opera.

        I hope I have time to post later on, but for now, chao!

        -Mel

        PS: I like the idea of chocolate in Skala...but the whole thing is
        they might have to go to war for land because where else would you
        grow the cocoa?
      • gninek
        Message 3 of 5 , May 8, 2002
          Welcome to the list...
          > I live in New York state, about an hour from the city (which is
          > really nice because the same friend who got me reading the
          > Nightrunner's series also told me Ms. Flewelling lives somewhere in
          > the Buffalo area, and it would be really easy to drive there for a
          > book signing....now all I need is a car

          Yeah, I'm going to Cornell, so also in this area and am really really
          hoping Lynn will do a signing so me and I whole group of friends (who
          I all got reading Lynn's books and love them) can go.

          Also, you mentioned anime/manga, there are several of us on this list
          that enjoy that...don't suppose you got to conventions? there's one
          coming up in July in Baltimore that should be fun.

          Jeannine
        • meljyou
          Message 4 of 5 , May 9, 2002
            >Welcome to the list...

            Thank you! ^.^

            > > I live in New York state, about an hour from the city (which is
            > > really nice because the same friend who got me reading the
            > > Nightrunner's series also told me Ms. Flewelling lives somewhere
            in
            > > the Buffalo area, and it would be really easy to drive there for
            > > book signing....now all I need is a car ...)
            >
            >Yeah, I'm going to Cornell, so also in this area and am really
            really
            >hoping Lynn will do a signing so me and I whole group of friends
            (who
            >I all got reading Lynn's books and love them) can go.

            My friend and I have been wishing for a book signing ever since we
            started reading the Nightrunner's series. We both want to get our
            books signed and actually meet Ms. Flewelling. And I've never lived
            this close to one of my favorite authors before, thus making my
            attendance of a signing all the more possible.

            >Also, you mentioned anime/manga, there are several of us on this
            list
            >that enjoy that...don't suppose you got to conventions? there's one
            >coming up in July in Baltimore that should be fun.

            Otakon? Yeah. I wish I could go because then I could get together
            with friends from Maryland that I haven't seen in a while. I have
            only attended a rather small and rather new convention called Shoujo
            Con in New Jersey. It's still tons of fun. I have even started
            cosplaying. My sewing skills could use some brushing up, but the end
            product usually comes out looking decent if not spectacular. For
            this year's Shoujo Con I'm tackling a rather tricky project: wings.
            Being so close to the city, I also want to try and go to the Big
            Apple Anime Fest this summer. But it depends on how much money I
            have left over from Shoujo Con and transportation.

            -Mel
          • tawariel
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 11, 2008
              Sorry about this, the post has been deleted and the member banned.

              Tawariel