Re: [Flewelling] BDT

    Message 1 of 80 , Aug 1 2:02 AM
      > amazon was very apologetic....is resending the correct book (or so i
      hope),
      > but it was not in stock and took 3 days for them to ship it....and now i
      > begin to wait again....oh yeah, they told me to keep the james bond book
      for
      > my trouble (cost is prohibitive to send it back)....now what am i going to
      do
      > with a james bond book....
      >
      > shadow

      Well hm..it certainly burns good...but nah...one doesn't burn books
      *shudder*
      Donate it to the local library or give it to some friend pretending it was
      THE
      book...maybe you could use it as a doorstopper as well. Hmm nah those
      "novels"
      usually are not very long.

      Nörml
      sharing some dumb ideas ;-)
    • whetner
      Message 80 of 80 , Apr 2, 2002
        What I meant was that I personally have a problem with giving certain
        books to my siblings. Not that I'd stop them from reading them, but
        that I think they should be older before they read it. Something like
        Eddings has little or no sex in it, and I've even given the first
        book to my brother (he thinks it's boring though!). But something
        like Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality series has quite a
        bit of sex and violence in them, and I just don't feel comfortable
        giving books like that to my 13 year old brother or my 10 year old
        sister. Even if I did read that book when I was 11.

        -Sherene