Re: [Flewelling] Assassin Fantastic

  • ro_laren@gmx.de
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 2, 2001
      > I got my hands on a copy of this yesterday when...
      > Rie Sheridan

      Grumble... amazon still tells me that this is still not published. *sight*
      this means more waiting days.

      Laren

      http://www.gmx.net

      --
      GMX Tipp:

      Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
      http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a
    • Rie Sheridan
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 2, 2001
        I was really surprised to see it-and still puzzling out where it came from,
        because we were in a used bookstore....Fate, I guess!

        Rie Sheridan
        Senior Staff Editor (Fiction/Writing Dept.) Verge Communications LLC:
        http:www.vergemag.com
        website: http://www.riewriter.com/
        THE BLOOD THAT BINDS coming December 2001
        ISBN numbers: (electronic format)1-931696-15-2 / (paperback) 1-931696-84-5
        THE LUTE AND THE LIAR coming June 2002
        from NovelBooks, Inc.: http://novelbooksinc.com/

        > I got my hands on a copy of this yesterday when...
        > Rie Sheridan

        Grumble... amazon still tells me that this is still not published. *sight*
        this means more waiting days.

        Laren

        http://www.gmx.net

        --
        GMX Tipp:

        Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
        http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a

      • Firesong
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 2, 2001
          *grmblmble* I really need a good read by Lynn now... I just finished
          Mercedes Lackeys latest Valdemar novel, Brightly Burning and I am
          righteously pissed... how can any writer with the least bit of pride
          sink so low???? Okay the signs were there for some time, but you still
          like to give a favourite writer a chance...
          Even knowing that publishing is all about money and even writing is all
          about money it is disappointing. If I wasn't by principle opposed to
          burning books.... well it would certainly do honor to the title...

          To those who already have AF, how are the other stories?? I am not
          usually a fan of short stories.

          Firesong
          --

          http://www.elvendale.de

          "Buttercup: We'll never survive.
          Westley: Nonsense, you only say that because nobody ever has.
          (The Princess Bride)
        • Rie Sheridan

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 2, 2001
              I just finished Brightly Burning myself. I feel your pain. I'm also
              waiting anxiously for AssassinFantastic, but have been keeping myself busy
              with Fiona Patton. ^_^

              Jenna ~*~ AIM: AinoKurai ~*~
              http://www.ainominako.net/
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 2, 2001
                > If I wasn't by principle opposed to
                > burning books.... well it would certainly do honor to the title...

                *g* I know that feeling, but burning books is no solution. But (thanks to
                Zanna) I have a new procedure for such trash books. Putt them down on the floor
                and wait for the antz to carry them away. ;-) OK normaly the antz refuse to
                do this task but...

                btw. did I remember it correctly, that you wrote (a few weeks ago) that you
                are reading "Daughter of the Blood"? This book drives me cracy, I finished
                now 200 pages and I am still not sure if I like it or not (waiting for the
                antz). I mean there are scenes that are heartbreaking and wonderfull, but most of
                the time I am only confused and set up by the ugly scenes. OK I think at
                least I start to know who with who against whom and why...but nevertheless I am
                not sure if I read it to the end. Can you give me hope? (is it getting
                better)

                But nevertheless I want this Assassin Fantastic book, and I want it now!!!
                *kicking@amazon*

                Laren

                http://www.gmx.net

                --
                GMX Tipp:

                Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
                http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a
              • Andrea Chavez
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 2, 2001
                  Loren wrote of Daughter of the Blood
                  -the ugly> scenes. OK I think at
                  > least I start to know who with who against whom and
                  > why...but nevertheless I am
                  > not sure if I read it to the end. Can you give me
                  > hope? (is it getting better)

                  I certainly didn't think it got any better.....I
                  slogged through as much as I could -- and I appreciate
                  that OUR LYNN recommended it, but I decided that life
                  is too short to read a book you don't like and that
                  just because I adore Lynn, doesn't mean we are going
                  to agree on all fantasy. I put it down -- actually, I
                  think I sold it to a used book store.

                  But nevertheless I want this Assassin Fantastic
                  > book, and I want it now!!!

                  :-) It will come soon.....If Moscow, ID has it, can
                  the rest of the world be far behind??

                  =====
                  Andrea C

                  "I always pass on good advice,
                  It's the only thing to do with it" --Oscar Wilde

                  http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
                • XYohjiKudouX@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 4, 2001
                    In a message dated 07/02/2001 12:06:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
                    Firesong@... writes:

                    > *grmblmble* I really need a good read by Lynn now... I just finished
                    > Mercedes Lackeys latest Valdemar novel, Brightly Burning and I am
                    > righteously pissed... how can any writer with the least bit of pride
                    > sink so low???? Okay the signs were there for some time, but you still
                    > like to give a favourite writer a chance...

                    Wow... someone who shares my opinion of her later works....
                    Dori

                    Dori

                    "Me a Weiss Kreuz fan? What gave me away?".... ::looks down at my Yohji
                    outfit::

                    http://dzaydezebra.ma-at.net/

                  • XYohjiKudouX@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 4, 2001
                      In a message dated 07/02/2001 1:35:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
                      ro_laren@... writes:

                      > But nevertheless I want this Assassin Fantastic book, and I want it now!!!

                      Hi! Im new to this list... so Im just going to jump on in.. what is Assasin
                      Fantastic? Im not a total dweebo, just a tad clueless.. ::grin::
                      Oh, Im Dori by the way...

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 4, 2001
                        Hi, Dori. It is a collection of short stories in which Lynn's "Raven's Cut"
                        appears. It is just hitting the bookstores.

                        Rie Sheridan
                        Senior Staff Editor (Fiction/Writing Dept.) Verge Communications LLC:
                        http:www.vergemag.com
                        website: http://www.riewriter.com/
                        THE BLOOD THAT BINDS coming December 2001
                        ISBN numbers: (electronic format) 1-931696-15-2 / (paperback) 1-931696-84-5
                        THE LUTE AND THE LIAR coming June 2002
                        ISBN numbers: (electronic format) 1-931696-34-1/ (paperback) 1-931696-65-9

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 4, 2001
                          In a message dated 07/04/2001 3:16:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
                          hmsrie@... writes:

                          > Hi, Dori. It is a collection of short stories in which Lynn's "Raven's Cut"
                          > appears. It is just hitting the bookstores.

                          YIPPEEE!!!!! I mean oh, neeto!