Assassin Fantastic

  • Rie Sheridan
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 30, 2001
      I got my hands on a copy of this yesterday when a friend of mine picked it
      up and said "This looks like it's up your alley." I told her I'd been
      looking for it for weeks! Small coincidences... I read half of Lynn's story
      Before she finished checking out...lol. How eerie, Lynn! I wonder if we have
      seen the last of Raven. Personally, I rather hope so! But somehow, I doubt
      it. Loved the nod to Seregil....

      Rie Sheridan
      Senior Staff Editor (Fiction/Writing Dept.) Verge Communications LLC:
      http:www.vergemag.com
      website: http://www.riewriter.com/
      THE BLOOD THAT BINDS coming December 2001
      ISBN numbers: (electronic format)1-931696-15-2 / (paperback) 1-931696-84-5
      THE LUTE AND THE LIAR coming June 2002
      from NovelBooks, Inc.: http://novelbooksinc.com/
    • ro_laren@gmx.de
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 2, 2001
        > I got my hands on a copy of this yesterday when...
        > Rie Sheridan

        Grumble... amazon still tells me that this is still not published. *sight*
        this means more waiting days.

        Laren

        http://www.gmx.net

        --
        GMX Tipp:

        Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
        http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a
      • Rie Sheridan

          > I got my hands on a copy of this yesterday when...
          > Rie Sheridan

          Grumble... amazon still tells me that this is still not published. *sight*
          this means more waiting days.

          Laren

          http://www.gmx.net

          --
          GMX Tipp:

          Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
          http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a

        • Firesong
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 2, 2001
            *grmblmble* I really need a good read by Lynn now... I just finished
            Mercedes Lackeys latest Valdemar novel, Brightly Burning and I am
            righteously pissed... how can any writer with the least bit of pride
            sink so low???? Okay the signs were there for some time, but you still
            like to give a favourite writer a chance...
            Even knowing that publishing is all about money and even writing is all
            about money it is disappointing. If I wasn't by principle opposed to
            burning books.... well it would certainly do honor to the title...

            To those who already have AF, how are the other stories?? I am not
            usually a fan of short stories.

            Firesong
            --

            http://www.elvendale.de

            "Buttercup: We'll never survive.
            Westley: Nonsense, you only say that because nobody ever has.
            (The Princess Bride)
          • Rie Sheridan

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 2, 2001
                I just finished Brightly Burning myself. I feel your pain. I'm also
                waiting anxiously for AssassinFantastic, but have been keeping myself busy
                with Fiona Patton. ^_^

                Jenna ~*~ AIM: AinoKurai ~*~
                http://www.ainominako.net/
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 2, 2001
                  > If I wasn't by principle opposed to
                  > burning books.... well it would certainly do honor to the title...

                  *g* I know that feeling, but burning books is no solution. But (thanks to
                  Zanna) I have a new procedure for such trash books. Putt them down on the floor
                  and wait for the antz to carry them away. ;-) OK normaly the antz refuse to
                  do this task but...

                  btw. did I remember it correctly, that you wrote (a few weeks ago) that you
                  are reading "Daughter of the Blood"? This book drives me cracy, I finished
                  now 200 pages and I am still not sure if I like it or not (waiting for the
                  antz). I mean there are scenes that are heartbreaking and wonderfull, but most of
                  the time I am only confused and set up by the ugly scenes. OK I think at
                  least I start to know who with who against whom and why...but nevertheless I am
                  not sure if I read it to the end. Can you give me hope? (is it getting
                  better)

                  But nevertheless I want this Assassin Fantastic book, and I want it now!!!
                  *kicking@amazon*

                  Laren

                  http://www.gmx.net

                  --
                  GMX Tipp:

                  Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
                  http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a
                • Andrea Chavez
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 2, 2001
                    Loren wrote of Daughter of the Blood
                    -the ugly> scenes. OK I think at
                    > least I start to know who with who against whom and
                    > why...but nevertheless I am
                    > not sure if I read it to the end. Can you give me
                    > hope? (is it getting better)

                    I certainly didn't think it got any better.....I
                    slogged through as much as I could -- and I appreciate
                    that OUR LYNN recommended it, but I decided that life
                    is too short to read a book you don't like and that
                    just because I adore Lynn, doesn't mean we are going
                    to agree on all fantasy. I put it down -- actually, I
                    think I sold it to a used book store.

                    But nevertheless I want this Assassin Fantastic
                    > book, and I want it now!!!

                    :-) It will come soon.....If Moscow, ID has it, can
                    the rest of the world be far behind??

                    =====
                    Andrea C

                    "I always pass on good advice,
                    It's the only thing to do with it" --Oscar Wilde

                    http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
                  • XYohjiKudouX@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 4, 2001
                      In a message dated 07/02/2001 12:06:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
                      Firesong@... writes:

                      > *grmblmble* I really need a good read by Lynn now... I just finished
                      > Mercedes Lackeys latest Valdemar novel, Brightly Burning and I am
                      > righteously pissed... how can any writer with the least bit of pride
                      > sink so low???? Okay the signs were there for some time, but you still
                      > like to give a favourite writer a chance...

                      Wow... someone who shares my opinion of her later works....
                      Dori

                      Dori

                      "Me a Weiss Kreuz fan? What gave me away?".... ::looks down at my Yohji
                      outfit::

                      http://dzaydezebra.ma-at.net/

                    • XYohjiKudouX@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 4, 2001
                        In a message dated 07/02/2001 1:35:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
                        ro_laren@... writes:

                        > But nevertheless I want this Assassin Fantastic book, and I want it now!!!

                        Hi! Im new to this list... so Im just going to jump on in.. what is Assasin
                        Fantastic? Im not a total dweebo, just a tad clueless.. ::grin::
                        Oh, Im Dori by the way...

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 4, 2001
                          Hi, Dori. It is a collection of short stories in which Lynn's "Raven's Cut"
                          appears. It is just hitting the bookstores.

                          Rie Sheridan
                          Senior Staff Editor (Fiction/Writing Dept.) Verge Communications LLC:
                          http:www.vergemag.com
                          website: http://www.riewriter.com/
                          THE BLOOD THAT BINDS coming December 2001
                          ISBN numbers: (electronic format) 1-931696-15-2 / (paperback) 1-931696-84-5
                          THE LUTE AND THE LIAR coming June 2002
                          ISBN numbers: (electronic format) 1-931696-34-1/ (paperback) 1-931696-65-9

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 4, 2001
                            In a message dated 07/04/2001 3:16:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
                            hmsrie@... writes:

                            > Hi, Dori. It is a collection of short stories in which Lynn's "Raven's Cut"
                            > appears. It is just hitting the bookstores.

                            YIPPEEE!!!!! I mean oh, neeto!