RE: [Flewelling] An Alec suggestion

  • Carla Coupe
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 10, 2001
      Rie:
      > Wow. I think we have a winner. Even without seeing the movie-if
      > this kid can
      > act, give him some longer hair and sign him up. He certainly has the looks
      > for it. And I love that grin. I'm sold.

      Yeah, he can act, and he does a lovely light Italian accent in the movie, as
      well.

      Thanks for finding the pics, Pun'kin -- I didn't have time this morning to
      look around for some.

      Carla
    • Firesong
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 10, 2001
        Baird Wallace ...... Hmm, not my Alec at all. He looks too boyish, and
        he has nothing 'faie-ish whatsoever ;-)

        But I had some sort of an Alec sighting last week. I went to an
        exhibition about copperplate reproductions of Raphaels paintings and
        there was one engraving of a young man/boy that had some real potential
        for Alec *g*. Taking away a bit of that typically raphaelish roundness
        and softness and he would be great. Unfortunately I haven't found that
        picture anywhere on the net yet.

        Isn't it kinda funny that it seems harder to cast Alec than Seregil ?
        ;-) I guess it is because the very young actors seldom have that
        refinedness that older ones have.

        And now I gotta go to bed. I spent half of the day writing down music
        scores and that is the best way to muddle your brain *g*

        And yes, I like the logo for the website :-)

        Fire
        --

        http://www.elvendale.de

        "Buttercup: We'll never survive.
        Westley: Nonsense, you only say that because nobody ever has.
        (The Princess Bride)
      • Rie Sheridan
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 10, 2001
          Hmm...Alec=16. Looks young for his age. That sounds boyish to me!

          Rie Sheridan
          Senior Staff Editor (Fiction/Writing Dept.) Verge Communications LLC:
          http:www.vergemag.com
          website: http://www.riewriter.com/
          THE BLOOD THAT BINDS coming in December from http://www.novelbooksinc.com/:
          > Baird Wallace ...... Hmm, not my Alec at all. He looks too boyish, and
          > he has nothing 'faie-ish whatsoever ;-)

          Um. Check out his acting, if you haven't seen it yet. You might change
          your mind.

          Carla

        • Carla Coupe
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 10, 2001
            Firesong:

            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 11, 2001
              > Hmm...Alec=16. Looks young for his age. That sounds boyish to me!

              Yeah of course ;-)... but well, hehe this is Fantasy. And despite his
              young age Alec has seen a lot, is in some ways very mature, an
              accomplished hunter and archer, and has been through a lot. I just
              can't see anything chubby and cute in him. He is lean and slender and
              tall.... hm a little bit like my brother was built at that age, although
              he is not really that pretty. But he was taller than me at 16 already.
              Anyway, there are some boys who have eyes that are older than their age.
              I don't want to suggest Leo di Caprio at all for this, but the actor for
              Alec needs the same ability to radiate pain and emotions. And a pair of
              eyes like Elijah Wood's. Everytime I see these eyes I am stunned by how
              beautiful and full of light they are.

              I guess it is the faie blood. I have this very distinct feeling in my
              head how someone who is of an elven sort of race has to look what kind
              of aura he has to have *g*. I would probably never be satisfied. After
              all, there are not many people out there like Johnny Depp ;-)

              Firesong
              who wishes it would stop raining

              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 12, 2001
                > I don't want to suggest Leo di Caprio at all for this, but the actor for
                > Alec needs the same ability to radiate pain and emotions. And a pair of
                > eyes like Elijah Wood's. Everytime I see these eyes I am stunned by how
                > beautiful and full of light they are.

                I guess that has to do a lot with makeup for the actors
                and which lenses (?) filters (?) they use for the camera and
                of course if they edit it with computers
                But hm...i sorta have to agree with firesong here. This Wallace guy
                really looks like...well...like a school boy....whatever...certainly
                not like he spent his lifes in the woods hunting, etc. More like
                running after teachers *G*. But one some of the pics i
                really can see an "Alec", not a perfect one tho.
                Oh, well...

                Nörml
              • Pharlain
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 13, 2001
                  You're right, it is fantasy, which is why we'll never find anybody everyone
                  agrees on because lets face it, we all have different views of them. But
                  this is coming from the girl who refuses to see the harry potter movie
                  because #1. it destroys the good things the books are doing. #2. I hate
                  watching movies of books because I just keep comparing them. x-men drove me
                  nuts and that wasn't even a book it was comic books! I think I have an
                  over-active imagination. But I still say the only person I could ever see as
                  Sere-chan is David Bowie because not only is that man drop dead gorgeous he
                  has a voice to die for (it's so velvety) and he looks so like an elven king,
                  definatly some Faie to his blood. even he isn't perfect though. *sigh* I say
                  we overthrow whatever being it is that makes men and put Lynn in their
                  place, nobody makes boys like she does!

                  > Yeah of course ;-)... but well, hehe this is Fantasy. And despite his
                  > young age Alec has seen a lot, is in some ways very mature, an
                  > accomplished hunter and archer, and has been through a lot. I just
                  > can't see anything chubby and cute in him. He is lean and slender and
                  > tall.... hm a little bit like my brother was built at that age, although
                  > he is not really that pretty. But he was taller than me at 16 already.
                  > Anyway, there are some boys who have eyes that are older than their age.
                  > I don't want to suggest Leo di Caprio at all for this, but the actor for
                  > Alec needs the same ability to radiate pain and emotions. And a pair of
                  > eyes like Elijah Wood's. Everytime I see these eyes I am stunned by how
                  > beautiful and full of light they are.

                  ~Pharlain

                  --
                  ³I've always been very chauvinistic, even in my boy-obsessed days. But I was
                  always a gentleman. I alwaysd treated my boys like real ladies. Always