Questions

  • Firesong
    Message 1 of 23 , May 9, 2001
      I have a few questions, concerning Fan activity. I know that Fanfic is
      not allowed on the list, but is that because Lynn does not want it in
      general or just to keep the list pure discussion? Also, are there any
      Fan sites about the Nightrunner Books?
      I know fanfic is a touchy subject with some writers, just wanted to know
      the situation :-) I don't really write it myself, my feeble attempts in
      that "genre" usually suck *g* and I wouldn't want the world to suffer
      it.

      I did pre-order the new book yesterday :-), just don't tell me the
      exchange rate *g*... The cover looks great btw...who is the artist?

      Thanks

      Fire
      --

      http://www.elvendale.de

      "Buttercup: We'll never survive.
      Westley: Nonsense, you only say that because nobody ever has.
      (The Princess Bride)
      Message 2 of 23 , May 9, 2001
        In a message dated 09/05/01 10:37:22 GMT Daylight Time, Firesong@...
        writes:

        > have a few questions, concerning Fan activity. I know that Fanfic is
        > not allowed on the list, but is that because Lynn does not want it in
        > general or just to keep the list pure discussion? Also, are there any
        > Fan sites about the Nightrunner Books?
        > I know fanfic is a touchy subject with some writers, just wanted to know
        > the situation :-) I don't really write it myself, my feeble attempts in
        > that "genre" usually suck *g* and I wouldn't want the world to suffer
        > it.

        We don't allow any fan-fic on Flewelling to respect Lynn's wishes on the
        matter.

        There will be a web-site for the Flewelling list one day, with things like
        our ideas for actors playing the characters and book recommendations. And of
        course plugging Lynn's books <g>. If anyone else has any good ideas do
        mention them.

        Welcome to the list btw and to all our new members, we've over 330
        subscribers now!

        Helen
      • lynn.flewelling
        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 9, 2008
          I think I've answered all the questions posed for the pod cast. If no, or if you have another,
          post it to this thread.

          Lynn :-)
        • Kelly Kurtz
          Message 4 of 23 , Apr 10, 2008
            The cover of SR is absolutely gorgeous.

            Because so many covers seem to have an anime feel to them - and I'm not a fan, all characters looking oddly quirky/pointy and similar - I had concerns that SR may go this route.

            Shadows Return has a wonderful, old fashioned adventure look to it. When I first saw it at Amazon I got that same little thrill I had when I first heard the opening music to Errol Flynn's "Adventures of Robin Hood."

            That gleam says much about what lurks behind those knowing, impish eyes.

            Kelly

          • Dale & Veronica Albers
            Message 5 of 23 , Apr 10, 2008
              I just googled it! It is awesome! June seems so far away now! lol. But hey it is a good time to reread the entire NR series before I dive into a nest of cushions and nibble away on a box of chocolates, while I slip into another world.

              Veronica

              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 10, 2008
                --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Kurtz <KellyKurtz@...> wrote:

                > The cover of SR is absolutely gorgeous.
                >
                > Because so many covers seem to have an anime feel to them - and I'm not a fan, all
                characters looking oddly quirky/pointy and similar - I had concerns that SR may go this
                route.

                > Shadows Return has a wonderful, old fashioned adventure look to it. When I first saw it
                at Amazon I got that same little thrill I had when I first heard the opening music to Errol
                Flynn's "Adventures of Robin Hood."

                > That gleam says much about what lurks behind those knowing, impish eyes.
                >
                > Kelly

                Over on the LJ, and during a writing workshop I taught at ConBust, I asked people to
                imagine what a cartoon "dialog bubble" over his head would show he was thinking.

                Feel free to play the game here. ;-)
              • lynn.flewelling
                Message 7 of 23 , Apr 10, 2008
                  --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Kurtz <KellyKurtz@...> wrote:

                  > The cover of SR is absolutely gorgeous.
                  >
                  > Because so many covers seem to have an anime feel to them - and I'm not a fan, all
                  characters looking oddly quirky/pointy and similar - I had concerns that SR may go this
                  route.

                  > Shadows Return has a wonderful, old fashioned adventure look to it. When I first saw it
                  at Amazon I got that same little thrill I had when I first heard the opening music to Errol
                  Flynn's "Adventures of Robin Hood."

                  > That gleam says much about what lurks behind those knowing, impish eyes.
                  >
                  > Kelly

                  Over on the LJ, and during a writing workshop I taught at ConBust, I asked people to
                  imagine what a cartoon "dialog bubble" over his head would show he was thinking.

                  Feel free to play the game here. ;-)
                • Agata
                  Message 8 of 23 , Apr 10, 2008
                    lynn.flewelling wrote:
                    > Over on the LJ, and during a writing workshop I taught at ConBust, I
                    > asked people to
                    > imagine what a cartoon "dialog bubble" over his head would show he was
                    > thinking.
                    >
                    > Feel free to play the game here. ;-)

                    Hard as I try, only one thing comes to my mind:

                    "I wish this painter would HURRY UP!!!"

                    ;)

                    Agata
                  • Wendy
                    Message 9 of 23 , Apr 10, 2008
                      I can think of two:

                      "Man I'm sexy. wait. that was a little vain of me."

                      "Hmm. is that a sward in Alec's pocket or is he just happy to see me?"

                      _____

                      Message 10 of 23 , Apr 10, 2008
                        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Wendy" <wensday@...> wrote:

                        > I can think of two:
                        >

                        > "Man I'm sexy. wait. that was a little vain of me."
                        >

                        > "Hmm. is that a sward in Alec's pocket or is he just happy to see me?"

                        OOoooo. Alec's hung like a sward? Is it a greensward?

                        Sorry, it's just one of those days. ;-)
                      • Wendy
                        Message 11 of 23 , Apr 11, 2008
                          It's whatever sward you want. He's your baby ;-)

                          _____

                          OOoooo. Alec's hung like a sward? Is it a greensward?

                          Sorry, it's just one of those days. ;-)

                        • Dale Jory
                          Message 12 of 23 , Apr 11, 2008
                            --- "lynn.flewelling" <lbflewelling2@...>
                            wrote:

                            > > That gleam says much about what lurks behind those
                            > knowing, impish eyes.
                            > >
                            > > Kelly
                            >

                            > Over on the LJ, and during a writing workshop I
                            > taught at ConBust, I asked people to
                            > imagine what a cartoon "dialog bubble" over his head
                            > would show he was thinking.
                            >
                            > Feel free to play the game here. ;-)

                            This is harder than I thought but here goes

                            "Say I can not cook, once I find those dried peppers I
                            will show him "

                            Dale

                            http://mail.yahoo.com
                          • cheri watson
                            Message 13 of 23 , Apr 11, 2008
                              "Did we really do what I think we did? How in the hell did he do THAT?"

                              '

                              "lynn.flewelling" <lbflewelling2@...> wrote:
                              --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Kurtz <KellyKurtz@...> wrote:

                              > The cover of SR is absolutely gorgeous.
                              >
                              > Because so many covers seem to have an anime feel to them - and I'm not a fan, all
                              characters looking oddly quirky/pointy and similar - I had concerns that SR may go this
                              route.

                              > Shadows Return has a wonderful, old fashioned adventure look to it. When I first saw it
                              at Amazon I got that same little thrill I had when I first heard the opening music to Errol
                              Flynn's "Adventures of Robin Hood."

                              > That gleam says much about what lurks behind those knowing, impish eyes.
                              >
                              > Kelly

                              Over on the LJ, and during a writing workshop I taught at ConBust, I asked people to
                              imagine what a cartoon "dialog bubble" over his head would show he was thinking.

                              Feel free to play the game here. ;-)

                            • bashirfan
                              Message 14 of 23 , Apr 12, 2008
                                Delurking with this suggestion.

                                "If I sit here like this for long enough, they'll all wonder what I'm
                                thinking."

                                MC

                                --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn.flewelling"

                                Message 15 of 23 , Apr 12, 2008
                                  "I wonder what people would think if I turned into another brick."

                                  "Lynn's got them so wound up over this one."

                                • Sabrinapch@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Apr 13, 2008
                                    *So it's one to the next big thing...*

                                  • Sabrinapch@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Apr 13, 2008
                                      *ON

                                      ON to the next big thing.... geeez.

                                    • Adrianne Fitzpatrick
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Apr 13, 2008
                                        'Bl**dy LF! What's she dropped me into this time? ... Well, I'll have my
                                        revenge ...'

                                      • Wendy
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Apr 13, 2008
                                          Another one from me:

                                          "Me one. LF 26864564645675654.."

                                        • kellykurtz2003
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Apr 13, 2008
                                            <lbflewelling2@...> wrote:
                                            > Over on the LJ, and during a writing workshop I taught at ConBust,
                                            I asked people to
                                            > imagine what a cartoon "dialog bubble" over his head would show he
                                            was thinking.
                                            > Feel free to play the game here. ;-)

                                            I'm game:) Here's my entry. // denotes a memory - in this case
                                            Alec's words from TM.

                                            Staring in disbelief at the armada before them, Alec gripped his
                                            arm. "What does this mean, Seregil?"

                                            Bowing forward slightly and closing his eyes, Seregil clutched his
                                            sword's hilt and slid to the deck.

                                            //Nothing will ever separate us.//

                                            With the silence Alec's sense of foreboding grew. Seregil slowly
                                            raised his eyes. The prophetic, determined half smile sent a thrill
                                            of excitement... and something undefinable...through Alec's blood.

                                            "I will not lose you." Seregil near whispered. "I cannot. We end this
                                            now."

                                            So, I'm a drama queen:) 'Seregil and Alec forever' is my motto.

                                            Kelly
                                          • Wendy
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Apr 14, 2008
                                              Another one:

                                              "Ooh he touched me Tra la la, last night."

                                              Want to know why that. this song made me think of it:
                                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Z15gGk8EU It's a You Tube and rather good,
                                              don't know how many people like anime/ Final Fantasy games. but meh, it's
                                              because of this I thought of the above line. ^^

                                              _____

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Apr 14, 2008
                                                *My, not me. sorry. ^^;;;

                                                _____

                                                From: Flewelling@yahoogro <mailto:Flewelling%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com
                                                > Over on the LJ, and during a writing workshop I taught at ConBust,
                                                I asked people to
                                                > imagine what a cartoon "dialog bubble" over his head would show he
                                                was thinking.
                                                > Feel free to play the game here. ;-)

                                              • Yuma Ogawa
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Apr 14, 2008
                                                  some things to say:

                                                  Painter:
                                                  "Ooooh, yes, baby! you love the paintbrush! yes, a sexy look, keep
                                                  that angle!!"
                                                  Seregi:
                                                  "Yes yes, whatever, but can we change the damn pose already? it's
                                                  been 3 hours" *sigh*
                                                  Alec:
                                                  *giggle* "But you wasn't complaining that much when they decided to
                                                  put you *cof*alone*cof* in the cover again, was you?"
                                                  Seregil:
                                                  *smart grin* "Well yes, but back then I didn't considered the
                                                  possible fateful consequences that can become 'serious'
                                                  and 'permanent', those that you should also be thinking too since I
                                                  can't feel until my thighs already. Could you imagine what else I
                                                  won't be able to *feel* in one more hour?"
                                                  Alec:
                                                  *to painter* "Give me that thing! -take the paintbrush- I'll help if
                                                  it's necessary, now hurry up!!"

                                                  Ok ok! that were too many things, but I couldn't help it!! it was
                                                  the mood of the moment! xDDDD