Re: Kurtz

  • Kendall P. Bullen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
      On 31 Jan 2001 Flewelling@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      * Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 20:33:11 -0800 (PST)
      * From: Jeffrey Alger <negov@...>
      *
      *> also have read Kurtz' Dernyi series. Wish there were
      *> more. There are SO many
      *> unanswered questions.
      *
      *She did just right a new Deryni book. King Kelson's
      *Bride, I think?

      Yes!

      And to the person you're responding to (sorry, missed the original
      message)...hope you've really read all of them...there are several series
      within the Deryni series. I can think of 15 or more books off-hand, two
      of which are collections of short stories and at least one of which is a
      sort of treatise on Deryni magic/powers.... Make sure you haven't missed
      anything!

      Cheers,
      Kendall
    • mariannh@online.no
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
        > *> also have read Kurtz' Dernyi series. Wish there were
        > *> more. There are SO many
        > *> unanswered questions.
        > *oh, yes - can make you crazy, especially the mysterious ending
        (with the pearl-thing) after Kelson and Dhugal are rescued at the end
        of "The Quest..."

        > *She did just right a new Deryni book. King Kelson's
        > *Bride, I think?
        >
        > Yes!
        >
        > And to the person you're responding to (sorry, missed the original
        > message)...hope you've really read all of them...there are several
        series
        > within the Deryni series. I can think of 15 or more books off-hand,
        two
        > of which are collections of short stories and at least one of which
        is a
        > sort of treatise on Deryni magic/powers.... Make sure you haven't
        missed
        > anything!
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Kendall

        Finally a new Deryni book:-)
        It might have been me, mentioning Kurtz some time ago. I have read
        them all, and also those about "The Adept" which she has written
        together with Deborah Turner Harris. What do you think of those?
        Sorry, know this is OT, but I'm so excited about getting BDT for
        summer... Have to fill in with reading "Sentinelstuff" and such in
        the meantime
      • Sebastian Schwenk
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
          > Finally a new Deryni book:-)
          > It might have been me, mentioning Kurtz some time ago. I have read
          > them all, and also those about "The Adept" which she has written
          > together with Deborah Turner Harris. What do you think of those?

          Well, personally I don't like all this Deryni stuff very much.
          But the Adept series is actually one of my favourites. I, too
          read all five I could lay my hands on (all except "Lammas Night").
          They are unlike anything else I've seen in the fantasy genre; nice
          mix of reality, mysticism and a good story.

          And some plot-twists were just plain cool, like the one where the
          lodge teams up with the SAS to take out a magically protected
          stronghold of the bad guys ;-)

          Didn't I hear some rumors about a sixth part in the making that
          would pick up the story of Lammas Night? Perhaps they'll republish
          LN as well. Would be nice, as it has been out of print and thus out
          of my reach for years now.

          ~Sebastian
        • Kendall P. Bullen
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
            On 1 Feb 2001 Flewelling@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            *It might have been me, mentioning Kurtz some time ago. I have read
            *them all, and also those about "The Adept" which she has written
            *together with Deborah Turner Harris. What do you think of those?

            I like the Adept series a lot, but maybe it's just my attention span, but
            I found I was slower reading the more recent couple of books, and in fact
            never did finish 'death of an adept'.

            Kendall
          • Kendall P. Bullen
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 5, 2001
              On 3 Feb 2001 Flewelling@yahoogroups.com wrote:

              *Didn't I hear some rumors about a sixth part in the making that
              *would pick up the story of Lammas Night? Perhaps they'll republish
              *LN as well. Would be nice, as it has been out of print and thus out
              *of my reach for years now.

              Hmm, I thought I'd seen it reprinted in stores in the U.S. in recent
              years.... I think I like it better than the Adept books, or at least
              better than some of them. It's different, of course. Anyway, I
              suggest checking ebay at

              http://www.ebay.com/

              ebay is slow right now, so I don't know if there are any up there.

              Also, check ABE Books (co-op of sorts, of used booksellers) at

              http://www.abebooks.com/

              I see two hits at abebooks.com -- one in the U.S., one in Canada.

              G'luck,
              Kendall