Re: [Flewelling] Twitter Question and Answer Session and Giveaway!

  • summa nulla
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 12, 2012
      Anyone with or without a twitter account should be able to load Lynn's
      Twitter page on the web:

      https://twitter.com/#!/lynnflewelling

      and see all her tweets, retweets and public replies (ie not DM's). For me,
      at least, public tweets to Lynn are hidden by default, but if you click on
      the reply tweet it will show you the message to Lynn.

      So you should be able to follow along the questions and answers passively
      without a Twitter account, but you will need one to post a question or join
      the conversation.

      Hope this helps.

      -Mikey Reppy (@mgpreppy, not yet following but about to!)

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 13, 2012
        yup :-)

        poor old yahoo, it gets rather overshadowed these days what with facebook
        and twitter and co, nieces have converted me into using facebook, earned
        myself the name of stalker auntie now lol cos they keep forgetting i can see
        all that they post ;-).

        maybe we should have a facebook verson of Flewelling.. what do people
        think?

        aharlib@... writes:

        aharlib@...
        That would be a great idea!
        Thanks!
        Amy

        I imagine so. If that turns out to be a major problem, and there's
        enough
        interest, I might be able to do something similar here?

        Lynn

        On Mar 12, 2012, at 6:38 PM, rudie@... wrote:

        > Do you need a twitter account to participate?

      • Lynn Flewelling
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 13, 2012
          Perhaps Facebook is a good idea, since it's more active. I do have an author page there: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lynn-Flewelling/145593970532 (Someone just posted a nice picture of a shirtless "Seregil look alike" with a snake.)

          And of course if you do start a group, I will support you!

          Lynn

          On Mar 13, 2012, at 5:13 AM, HBrown9628@... wrote:

          > yup :-)
          >
          > poor old yahoo, it gets rather overshadowed these days what with Facebook
          > and twitter and co, nieces have converted me into using Facebook, earned
          > myself the name of stalker auntie now lol cos they keep forgetting i can see
          > all that they post ;-).
          >
          > maybe we should have a facebook verson of Flewelling.. what do people
          > think?

          > aharlib@... writes:
          >
          > aharlib@...
          > That would be a great idea!
          > Thanks!
          > Amy

        • Anne Bennett
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 14, 2012
            If you did do a facebook, you could do a private "group" if you wanted to maintain some of the close-knit feel of the yahoo group. That way people would still have to initiate contact and posts that people make to the group wouldn't show up on their friend's feed (unless they were also group members).
            I think it sounds like a good idea.

          • Nicky
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 15, 2012
              I think it would be a good idea. Much easier to follow than Twitter. :)
              Nicky

              Perhaps Facebook is a good idea, since it's more active. I do have an author
              age there: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lynn-Flewelling/145593970532
              Someone just posted a nice picture of a shirtless "Seregil look alike" with a
              nake.)
              And of course if you do start a group, I will support you!
              Lynn

              n Mar 13, 2012, at 5:13 AM, HBrown9628@... wrote:
              > yup :-)

              poor old yahoo, it gets rather overshadowed these days what with Facebook
              and twitter and co, nieces have converted me into using Facebook, earned
              myself the name of stalker auntie now lol cos they keep forgetting i can see
              all that they post ;-).

              maybe we should have a facebook verson of Flewelling.. what do people
              think?

              aharlib@... writes:

              aharlib@...
              That would be a great idea!
              Thanks!
              Amy

              I imagine so. If that turns out to be a major problem, and there's
              enough
              interest, I might be able to do something similar here?

              Lynn

              On Mar 12, 2012, at 6:38 PM, rudie@... wrote:

              > Do you need a twitter account to participate?

              ahoo! Groups Links
              Individual Email | Traditional
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Tahra
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 15, 2012
                I mostly hate facebook.. though needed to get an account for something or
                other, I'm quite ignorant on the subject.

                So, please post instructions for dummies how to do that, ok? ;)

                _____