Re: [Flewelling] Twitter Question and Answer Session and Giveaway!

  • Lynn Flewelling
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 12 9:19 PM
      I imagine so. If that turns out to be a major problem, and there's enough interest, I might be able to do something similar here?

      Lynn

      On Mar 12, 2012, at 6:38 PM, rudie@... wrote:

      > Do you need a twitter account to participate?

    • Amy Harlib
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 12 9:28 PM
        aharlib@...
        That would be a great idea!
        Thanks!
        Amy

        I imagine so. If that turns out to be a major problem, and there's enough
        interest, I might be able to do something similar here?

        Lynn

        On Mar 12, 2012, at 6:38 PM, rudie@... wrote:

        > Do you need a twitter account to participate?

      • summa nulla
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 12 9:52 PM
          Anyone with or without a twitter account should be able to load Lynn's
          Twitter page on the web:

          https://twitter.com/#!/lynnflewelling

          and see all her tweets, retweets and public replies (ie not DM's). For me,
          at least, public tweets to Lynn are hidden by default, but if you click on
          the reply tweet it will show you the message to Lynn.

          So you should be able to follow along the questions and answers passively
          without a Twitter account, but you will need one to post a question or join
          the conversation.

          Hope this helps.

          -Mikey Reppy (@mgpreppy, not yet following but about to!)

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 13 5:13 AM
            yup :-)

            poor old yahoo, it gets rather overshadowed these days what with facebook
            and twitter and co, nieces have converted me into using facebook, earned
            myself the name of stalker auntie now lol cos they keep forgetting i can see
            all that they post ;-).

            maybe we should have a facebook verson of Flewelling.. what do people
            think?

            aharlib@... writes:

            aharlib@...
            That would be a great idea!
            Thanks!
            Amy

            I imagine so. If that turns out to be a major problem, and there's
            enough
            interest, I might be able to do something similar here?

            Lynn

            On Mar 12, 2012, at 6:38 PM, rudie@... wrote:

            > Do you need a twitter account to participate?

          • Lynn Flewelling
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 13 3:04 PM
              Perhaps Facebook is a good idea, since it's more active. I do have an author page there: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lynn-Flewelling/145593970532 (Someone just posted a nice picture of a shirtless "Seregil look alike" with a snake.)

              And of course if you do start a group, I will support you!

              Lynn

              On Mar 13, 2012, at 5:13 AM, HBrown9628@... wrote:

              > yup :-)
              >
              > poor old yahoo, it gets rather overshadowed these days what with Facebook
              > and twitter and co, nieces have converted me into using Facebook, earned
              > myself the name of stalker auntie now lol cos they keep forgetting i can see
              > all that they post ;-).
              >
              > maybe we should have a facebook verson of Flewelling.. what do people
              > think?

              > aharlib@... writes:
              >
              > aharlib@...
              > That would be a great idea!
              > Thanks!
              > Amy

            • Anne Bennett
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 14 9:32 PM
                If you did do a facebook, you could do a private "group" if you wanted to maintain some of the close-knit feel of the yahoo group. That way people would still have to initiate contact and posts that people make to the group wouldn't show up on their friend's feed (unless they were also group members).
                I think it sounds like a good idea.

              • Nicky
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 15 6:49 AM
                  I think it would be a good idea. Much easier to follow than Twitter. :)
                  Nicky

                  Perhaps Facebook is a good idea, since it's more active. I do have an author
                  age there: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lynn-Flewelling/145593970532
                  Someone just posted a nice picture of a shirtless "Seregil look alike" with a
                  nake.)
                  And of course if you do start a group, I will support you!
                  Lynn

                  n Mar 13, 2012, at 5:13 AM, HBrown9628@... wrote:
                  > yup :-)

                  poor old yahoo, it gets rather overshadowed these days what with Facebook
                  and twitter and co, nieces have converted me into using Facebook, earned
                  myself the name of stalker auntie now lol cos they keep forgetting i can see
                  all that they post ;-).

                  maybe we should have a facebook verson of Flewelling.. what do people
                  think?

                  aharlib@... writes:

                  aharlib@...
                  That would be a great idea!
                  Thanks!
                  Amy

                  I imagine so. If that turns out to be a major problem, and there's
                  enough
                  interest, I might be able to do something similar here?

                  Lynn

                  On Mar 12, 2012, at 6:38 PM, rudie@... wrote:

                  > Do you need a twitter account to participate?

                  ahoo! Groups Links
                  Individual Email | Traditional
                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Tahra
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 15 7:00 AM
                    I mostly hate facebook.. though needed to get an account for something or
                    other, I'm quite ignorant on the subject.

                    So, please post instructions for dummies how to do that, ok? ;)

                    _____