Re: [Flewelling] Twitter Question and Answer Session and Giveaway!

  • rudie@hellokitty.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 12, 2012
      Do you need a twitter account to participate?

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 12, 2012
        I imagine so. If that turns out to be a major problem, and there's enough interest, I might be able to do something similar here?

        Lynn

        On Mar 12, 2012, at 6:38 PM, rudie@... wrote:

        > Do you need a twitter account to participate?

      • Amy Harlib
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 12, 2012
          aharlib@...
          That would be a great idea!
          Thanks!
          Amy

          I imagine so. If that turns out to be a major problem, and there's enough
          interest, I might be able to do something similar here?

          Lynn

          On Mar 12, 2012, at 6:38 PM, rudie@... wrote:

          > Do you need a twitter account to participate?

        • summa nulla
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 12, 2012
            Anyone with or without a twitter account should be able to load Lynn's
            Twitter page on the web:

            https://twitter.com/#!/lynnflewelling

            and see all her tweets, retweets and public replies (ie not DM's). For me,
            at least, public tweets to Lynn are hidden by default, but if you click on
            the reply tweet it will show you the message to Lynn.

            So you should be able to follow along the questions and answers passively
            without a Twitter account, but you will need one to post a question or join
            the conversation.

            Hope this helps.

            -Mikey Reppy (@mgpreppy, not yet following but about to!)

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 13, 2012
              yup :-)

              poor old yahoo, it gets rather overshadowed these days what with facebook
              and twitter and co, nieces have converted me into using facebook, earned
              myself the name of stalker auntie now lol cos they keep forgetting i can see
              all that they post ;-).

              maybe we should have a facebook verson of Flewelling.. what do people
              think?

              aharlib@... writes:

              aharlib@...
              That would be a great idea!
              Thanks!
              Amy

              I imagine so. If that turns out to be a major problem, and there's
              enough
              interest, I might be able to do something similar here?

              Lynn

              On Mar 12, 2012, at 6:38 PM, rudie@... wrote:

              > Do you need a twitter account to participate?

            • Lynn Flewelling
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 13, 2012
                Perhaps Facebook is a good idea, since it's more active. I do have an author page there: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lynn-Flewelling/145593970532 (Someone just posted a nice picture of a shirtless "Seregil look alike" with a snake.)

                And of course if you do start a group, I will support you!

                Lynn

                On Mar 13, 2012, at 5:13 AM, HBrown9628@... wrote:

                > yup :-)
                >
                > poor old yahoo, it gets rather overshadowed these days what with Facebook
                > and twitter and co, nieces have converted me into using Facebook, earned
                > myself the name of stalker auntie now lol cos they keep forgetting i can see
                > all that they post ;-).
                >
                > maybe we should have a facebook verson of Flewelling.. what do people
                > think?

                > aharlib@... writes:
                >
                > aharlib@...
                > That would be a great idea!
                > Thanks!
                > Amy

              • Anne Bennett
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 14, 2012
                  If you did do a facebook, you could do a private "group" if you wanted to maintain some of the close-knit feel of the yahoo group. That way people would still have to initiate contact and posts that people make to the group wouldn't show up on their friend's feed (unless they were also group members).
                  I think it sounds like a good idea.

                • Nicky
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 15, 2012
                    I think it would be a good idea. Much easier to follow than Twitter. :)
                    Nicky

                    Perhaps Facebook is a good idea, since it's more active. I do have an author
                    age there: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lynn-Flewelling/145593970532
                    Someone just posted a nice picture of a shirtless "Seregil look alike" with a
                    nake.)
                    And of course if you do start a group, I will support you!
                    Lynn

                    n Mar 13, 2012, at 5:13 AM, HBrown9628@... wrote:
                    > yup :-)

                    poor old yahoo, it gets rather overshadowed these days what with Facebook
                    and twitter and co, nieces have converted me into using Facebook, earned
                    myself the name of stalker auntie now lol cos they keep forgetting i can see
                    all that they post ;-).

                    maybe we should have a facebook verson of Flewelling.. what do people
                    think?

                    aharlib@... writes:

                    aharlib@...
                    That would be a great idea!
                    Thanks!
                    Amy

                    I imagine so. If that turns out to be a major problem, and there's
                    enough
                    interest, I might be able to do something similar here?

                    Lynn

                    On Mar 12, 2012, at 6:38 PM, rudie@... wrote:

                    > Do you need a twitter account to participate?

                    ahoo! Groups Links
                    Individual Email | Traditional
                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • Tahra
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 15, 2012
                      I mostly hate facebook.. though needed to get an account for something or
                      other, I'm quite ignorant on the subject.

                      So, please post instructions for dummies how to do that, ok? ;)

                      _____