CASKET OF SOULS news!

  • Lynn
    Message 1 of 7 , May 13, 2011
      Casket of Souls, the sixth Nightrunner book, will be published in the US Feb. 2012. I'm not sure about other countries yet.

      It is available for pre-order at Amazon.com

      Blurb:

      The Nightrunners are back in this gripping novel full of Lynn Flewelling's trademark action, intrigue, and richly imagined characters.

      More than the dissolute noblemen they appear to be, Alec and Seregil are skillful spies, dedicated to serving queen and country. But when they stumble across evidence of a plot pitting Queen Phoria against Princess Klia, the two Nightrunners will find their loyalties torn as never before. Even at the best of times, the royal court at Rhíminee is a serpents' nest of intrigue, but with the war against Plenimar going badly, treason simmers just below the surface.

      And that's not all that poses a threat: A mysterious plague is spreading through the crowded streets of the city, striking young and old alike—a plague that may well be magical in nature. Now, as panic mounts and the body count rises, hidden secrets emerge. And as Seregil and Alec are about to learn, conspiracies and plagues have one thing in common: The cure can be as deadly as the disease.
    • Amy Harlib
      Message 2 of 7 , May 13, 2011
        aharlib@...
        Wow! Can't wait!
        Whew!
        Amy
        www.idanz.net/aharlib

        Message 3 of 7 , May 13, 2011
          just placed my pre-order. ;-)

          Message 4 of 7 , May 14, 2011
            ah ..great news indeed! Tho the blurp sounds a tack like a tv-show.
            dunno if that is good or bad tho :P

            noerml

            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Tawariel <tawariel@...> wrote:

            > just placed my pre-order. ;-)
            >
            > Am 14.05.2011 00:13, schrieb Lynn:
            > > Casket of Souls, the sixth Nightrunner book, will be published in the US Feb. 2012. I'm not sure about other countries yet.
            > >
            > > It is available for pre-order at Amazon.com
            > >
            > > Blurb:
            > >
            > > The Nightrunners are back in this gripping novel full of Lynn Flewelling's trademark action, intrigue, and richly imagined characters.
            > >
            > > More than the dissolute noblemen they appear to be, Alec and Seregil are skillful spies, dedicated to serving queen and country. But when they stumble across evidence of a plot pitting Queen Phoria against Princess Klia, the two Nightrunners will find their loyalties torn as never before. Even at the best of times, the royal court at Rhíminee is a serpents' nest of intrigue, but with the war against Plenimar going badly, treason simmers just below the surface.
            > >
            > > And that's not all that poses a threat: A mysterious plague is spreading through the crowded streets of the city, striking young and old alikeâ€"a plague that may well be magical in nature. Now, as panic mounts and the body count rises, hidden secrets emerge. And as Seregil and Alec are about to learn, conspiracies and plagues have one thing in common: The cure can be as deadly as the disease

          • Tahra
            Message 5 of 7 , May 14, 2011
              I think whoever wrote the "blurb" didn't read the books. Or I'm missing something.

              But when they stumble across evidence of a plot pitting Queen Phoria against Princess Klia, the two Nightrunners will find their loyalties torn as never before

              I mean, when were they divided between Phoria and Klia?

              _____

              Message 6 of 7 , May 14, 2011
                Ooh this sounds fun :-). Been waiting to find out what happened with
                Phoria, Klia and co.

                Starts patiently waiting..

[...]

              • Michelle
                Message 7 of 7 , May 15, 2011
                  Well, the could be morally divided or there could be other factors causing them
                  to be divided. Lynn is an excellent writer, there could be something we don't
                  know about that will happen. It's clear they're more on Klia's side, because
                  she's the better of the two, but they're still loyal to Phoria because she's
                  their queen, right? Going against her could cause some major problems for our
                  Nightrunners, couldn't it? I think that's probably reason enough to be divided.