Re: Sims 3:Seregil and Alec

    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 15 11:05 PM
      Sounds like just in the books *smirk*

      noerml

      > Well hmm after a bit of a long hiatus away from playing with my Sims, I finally got around to reinstalling Sims 3, now I love the open neighbourhood, but I find the gameplay not as fun as it was in Sims 1 and 2, to many glitches with the numerous patches really that and EA's Store trying to sell us overpriced pixels all the time for our little Sims is nausating, they're over priced, I can't afford them and I loathe the way the people who can are so unsympathetic on the EA message boards, not like the old days when there was a fun Sims community in the main.
      >
      > Well I set up a new town, cos the old one just crashed to much, and proceeded to rebuild my families, Sims created from my favourite books, tv shows, films, online games etc you name it really. So Seregil and Alec moved into a cute little bungalow in Sunset Valley, Seregil I gave the flirt trait and Alec the family Sim trait and adventurous, brave etc etc to round them out as best as I could to their book personas.
      >
      > Something has gone wrong rofl. Now I do play with mods in the game, twallans story progression mod, and his woohoo mod which allows same sex pregnancies if you enable them etc. It all went well at first.. they both had this wish to have a child with each other so after a little prod they had a baby boy they named after Nysander. So cute.
      >
      > Then chaos began because I switched to playing another family.. and left them to their own devices.. eeek, Seregil is now the town Casonova and apparently busy seducing anything on two legs, he got his comeuppance in the end apparently cos I got a message flashed up on the corner of the screen raced over to their house and discovered that he'd got himself knocked up by the local policeman rofl. He's had a little girl now, I must admit he's a very good father, keeps rushing in and giving them both bottles and stuff, and Alec Sim seems blissfully unaware of the little cuckoo in his suburban nest.
      >
      > Mind you saying this... Alec Sim isn't all sweetness and innocence I've twice caught him this morning up at the fishing lake on the hill with two blokes, one of them Armand from Interview with a Vampire (the film version). Sighs.
      >
      > Time to go make Micum and Kari and their family and Nysander and Magyana, I resurrected him :-). I just hope they are better behaved then Seregil and Alec are he he.
      >
      > Helen

    • Lynn Flewelling
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 16 6:48 PM
        LOL! Sounds fun!
        Male preg. Oh dear!

        On Aug 15, 2010, at 11:05 PM, noerml wrote:

        > Sounds like just in the books *smirk*
        >
        > noerml
        >
        > > Well hmm after a bit of a long hiatus away from playing with my Sims, I finally got around to reinstalling Sims 3, now I love the open neighbourhood, but I find the gameplay not as fun as it was in Sims 1 and 2, to many glitches with the numerous patches really that and EA's Store trying to sell us overpriced pixels all the time for our little Sims is nausating, they're over priced, I can't afford them and I loathe the way the people who can are so unsympathetic on the EA message boards, not like the old days when there was a fun Sims community in the main.
        > >
        > > Well I set up a new town, cos the old one just crashed to much, and proceeded to rebuild my families, Sims created from my favourite books, tv shows, films, online games etc you name it really. So Seregil and Alec moved into a cute little bungalow in Sunset Valley, Seregil I gave the flirt trait and Alec the family Sim trait and adventurous, brave etc etc to round them out as best as I could to their book personas.
        > >
        > > Something has gone wrong rofl. Now I do play with mods in the game, twallans story progression mod, and his woohoo mod which allows same sex pregnancies if you enable them etc. It all went well at first.. they both had this wish to have a child with each other so after a little prod they had a baby boy they named after Nysander. So cute.
        > >
        > > Then chaos began because I switched to playing another family.. and left them to their own devices.. eeek, Seregil is now the town Casonova and apparently busy seducing anything on two legs, he got his comeuppance in the end apparently cos I got a message flashed up on the corner of the screen raced over to their house and discovered that he'd got himself knocked up by the local policeman rofl. He's had a little girl now, I must admit he's a very good father, keeps rushing in and giving them both bottles and stuff, and Alec Sim seems blissfully unaware of the little cuckoo in his suburban nest.
        > >
        > > Mind you saying this... Alec Sim isn't all sweetness and innocence I've twice caught him this morning up at the fishing lake on the hill with two blokes, one of them Armand from Interview with a Vampire (the film version). Sighs.
        > >
        > > Time to go make Micum and Kari and their family and Nysander and Magyana, I resurrected him :-). I just hope they are better behaved then Seregil and Alec are he he.
        > >
        > > Helen

      • Lynn Flewelling
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 16 6:50 PM
          GLIMPSES, my Nightrunner short story collection, will be released on September 21, 2010. In other words, the end of next month. It will be available through Amazon.com, Kindle, Smash Words, Barnes & Noble (I think), at least, and hopefully some independent bookstores. We are working on international availability, but you can at least order from Amazon.com in the meantime. It should be available for pre-order on Amazon soon.

          It will be in trade paperback format, over 100 pages, plus artwork, with a great cover art by Anne Cain. I'll post it as soon as I have a copy of it, and the ISBN number. As I said earlier, it contains four stories and an excerpt from SUMMER PLAYERS. The price is $10.99.

        • Tahra
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 17 6:04 AM
            Great! Consider it bought! And good timing too, I can order it with Richard
            Castle's new Nikki Heat novel :) (and the Season 2 dvd, of course)

            _____

            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 17 6:43 AM
              Well the sad news is they suffered the dreaded error 12 lol and I had to
              delete and rebuild the town again. The reasons Sims 3 drove me up the wall
              are all flooding back. So baby Nysander is no more. But... this time round
              Seregil and Alec despite being identical ( they get saved into a sims bank
              when you create them) have become a sickeningly devoted couple constantly
              holding hands round town lol, I was playing with Bill and Charlie Weasley
              Sims, building them a nice new bachelor pad with basement games room when
              Charlie decided he wanted to be a fireman. Now this is the nearest Sims has
              to dragons lol so down the fire station we went and who should be there but
              Alec and Seregil in matching fireman's outfits all ready for a days action..
              bless. they looked so sweet I'll have to take a picture of them posing in
              front of their fire engine lol. I haven't decided what to do about Alec's
              'child' yet for that's the original reason I activated the pregnancy mod, I
              was going to create a little Alec baby then hmm, cough, kill it and have it
              floating around as a ghost child, well it was the nearest I could think of
              to something mystical.

              In other news, Sirius Black Sim is the town thug and Severus Snape is
              hated by all again sigh, I feel so sorry for him. And Jack Harkness is now the
              town Casanova instead of Seregil which is much more hmm appropriate and
              very much like him as he'll happily chat up anything male or female.

              Nysander and Magyana spend their time either reading books or playing chess
              in the town park lol. very sedate. Thero pretty much the same. I have
              much higher hopes for the Cavish Sims... I think Beka is going to be quite
              the party girl and with Kari having the family trait.. she and Micum are
              already breeding again ... so lots of kids on the way to populate my little
              town.

              Right, on to my next Sims project creating the Doctor Who family of Sims to
              put into the mix. This could get fun, providing the save files don't get
              screwed up again. I've got a really nice version of David Tennant's Doctor
              Who I downloaded ready to use in the game :-) I need to track down a Matt
              Smith version and do a bit of time line crossing. Who knows.. one of the
              Cavish Sims could snare one of them he he that is the beauty of the game it
              becomes very surreal and very funny when you create something like this weird
              crossover world then just leave it and watch to see what happens.

                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 17 7:37 AM
                  aharlib@...
                  What Helen said. Can't wait!
                  Cheers!
                  Amy
                  > Ooh brilliant, I'll have a look see if I can find a copy I can order.
                  >
                  > Helen

                  > lbflewelling@... writes:
                  >

                  > GLIMPSES, my Nightrunner short story collection, will be released on
                  > September 21, 2010. In other words, the end of next month. It will be
                  > available
                  > through Amazon.com, Kindle, Smash Words, Barnes & Noble (I think), at
                  > least, and hopefully some independent bookstores. We are working on
                  > international availability, but you can at least order from Amazon.com in
                  > the meantime.
                  > It should be available for pre-order on Amazon soon.
                  >
                  > It will be in trade paperback format, over 100 pages, plus artwork, with
                  > great cover art by Anne Cain. I'll post it as soon as I have a copy of
                  > it,
                  > and the ISBN number. As I said earlier, it contains four stories and an
                  > excerpt from SUMMER PLAYERS. The price is $10.99.

                • Sílvia Clemente
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 18 1:34 AM
                    just had to say I loved to read the description of your sims 3 antics. And you just gave me the best idea do play with the game. Mys siter is totally adicted to it and after sometime whitouth the game, because our old computer was getting overheated and crashing so it was impossible to play in it, we finally have a nes computer and the game again. I'm going to copycat your idea and fill mt town wuth my favourite characters, maybe this way I wont get sick of it so soon.

                    To: Flewelling@yahoogroups.com
                    From: HBrown9628@...
                    Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 09:43:53 -0400
                    Subject: Re: [Flewelling] Re: Sims 3:Seregil and Alec

                    lbflewelling@... writes:

                    LOL! Sounds fun!
                    Male preg. Oh dear!

                    On Aug 15, 2010, at 11:05 PM, noerml wrote:

                    > Sounds like just in the books *smirk*
                    >
                    > noerml
                    >
                    > > Well hmm after a bit of a long hiatus away from playing with my Sims,
                    I finally got around to reinstalling Sims 3, now I love the open
                    neighbourhood, but I find the gameplay not as fun as it was in Sims 1 and 2, to many
                    glitches with the numerous patches really that and EA's Store trying to
                    sell us overpriced pixels all the time for our little Sims is nausating,
                    they're over priced, I can't afford them and I loathe the way the people who can
                    are so unsympathetic on the EA message boards, not like the old days when
                    there was a fun Sims community in the main.

                    > > Well I set up a new town, cos the old one just crashed to much, and
                    proceeded to rebuild my families, Sims created from my favourite books, tv
                    shows, films, online games etc you name it really. So Seregil and Alec moved
                    into a cute little bungalow in Sunset Valley, Seregil I gave the flirt trait
                    and Alec the family Sim trait and adventurous, brave etc etc to round them
                    out as best as I could to their book personas.

                    > > Something has gone wrong rofl. Now I do play with mods in the game,
                    twallans story progression mod, and his woohoo mod which allows same sex
                    pregnancies if you enable them etc. It all went well at first.. they both had
                    this wish to have a child with each other so after a little prod they had a
                    baby boy they named after Nysander. So cute.

                    > > Then chaos began because I switched to playing another family.. and
                    left them to their own devices.. eeek, Seregil is now the town Casonova and
                    apparently busy seducing anything on two legs, he got his comeuppance in the
                    end apparently cos I got a message flashed up on the corner of the screen
                    raced over to their house and discovered that he'd got himself knocked up
                    by the local policeman rofl. He's had a little girl now, I must admit he's a
                    very good father, keeps rushing in and giving them both bottles and stuff,
                    and Alec Sim seems blissfully unaware of the little cuckoo in his suburban
                    nest.

                    > > Mind you saying this... Alec Sim isn't all sweetness and innocence
                    I've twice caught him this morning up at the fishing lake on the hill with two
                    blokes, one of them Armand from Interview with a Vampire (the film
                    version). Sighs.

                    > > Time to go make Micum and Kari and their family and Nysander and
                    Magyana, I resurrected him :-). I just hope they are better behaved then Seregil
                    and Alec are he he.

                    > > Helen

                  • jennifer_thorne
                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 18 5:41 AM
                      Yeah, that would revolutionize a few things... ;p

                      ~J

                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 18 7:11 AM
                        Yeah, the human race would become extinct in no time.. the planet would be
                        grateful, I'm sure....

                        _____

                        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Flewelling%40yahoogroups.com> ,
                        Lynn Flewelling <lbflewelling@...> wrote:

                        > LOL! Sounds fun!
                        > Male preg. Oh dear!

                      • Wolf SilverOak
                        Message 11 of 18 , Aug 18 9:16 AM
                          I play Sims3. Well, I try to.

                          I had to uninstall Sims2 in order to play reasonably well. But the latest
                          patches with the newest EP (Ambitions) have made it so I absolutely HAVE to
                          upgrade my video card now in order to play at all now.

                          I'm of the opinion that EA/Maxis deliberately puts out patches that make it
                          impossible to play once they sucker you in., unless you upgrade your
                          computer.}:/

                          I can't say much though, I started out with the original Sim City, then
                          Sims1 and on. }:/

                          -Wolf

                          Semper Fi, Once a Marine, Always a Marine.
                          Without Chaos, there can be no Order.
                          <http://wolfsilveroak.insanejournal.com>
                          http://wolfsilveroak.insanejournal.com - Wolf's Den blog

                          <http://wolfsilveroak.deviantart.com> http://wolfsilveroak.deviantart.com-
                          DeviantArt page
                          <http://www.1000markets.com/users/dantesspirit>
                          http://www.1000markets.com/users/dantesspirit - Dante's Spirit at
                          1000Markets
                          <http://DantesSpirit.etsy.com> http://DantesSpirit.etsy.com - Dante's
                          Spirit Etsy Shop

                          Message 12 of 18 , Aug 18 9:22 AM
                            I must admit, I play Sims 3, too. I don't like a lot of it as well as Sims 2, and I kind of resent that they are making us pay for all the extras at the Sim Store, but it's fun. I like the fishing challenge.

                            Message 13 of 18 , Aug 18 10:00 AM
                              When I CAN get it to play reasonably smoothly, I like the Ghost Hunting
                              profession. But sometimes, it takes up to 3-4 minutes for a lot with a job
                              on it to load and by then, the job is over.}:/ Very annoying.

                              I actually got the hubby playing Sims for the first time, when I got World
                              Adventures. He enjoys 'dungeon crawls', lol.

                              I got used to the 'pudding' look of the Sims and actually like that I can
                              tweak the colors of things how I want. I have so many custom colors now it's
                              not funny. LOL.

                              Luckilyy, my fav Sims2 Custom Content creators are making Sims3 CCF, so I
                              have some of their stuff. When I upgrade my vid card (I have a 256mb ATI
                              Radeon X1300 Pro currently, which ran Sims2 like nothing), hopefully this
                              weekend, hopefully I'll be able to play better and can get more of their
                              awesome stuffs.

                            • Addie Underwood
                              Message 14 of 18 , Aug 18 11:21 AM
                                The original simcity?!? Like the one where the tornado comes and rips
                                through and you have to rebuild? I loved that game! Oh simple games..
                                Sometimes I miss you so..

                                Addie

                                From: Flewelling@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Flewelling%40yahoogroups.com>

                                  From: Flewelling@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Flewelling%40yahoogroups.com>

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Aug 22 4:30 AM
                                    Oh gawd yes I really dislike the Sims Store. It wouldn't be so bad if they
                                    weren't so overpriced, we pay a ton already for the base game and all the
                                    expansions and stuff packs sigh but EA are just greedy and see Sims as a bit
                                    of a cash cow to prop up all their other stuff methinks. I do miss Seasons
                                    and Pets from Sims 2 a lot, here's hoping this time we get more animals,
                                    I'd love Sim horses in the game and farm animals would be good to.

                                    I had a look around my little town last night, Nysander Sim has managed to
                                    snag himself a much younger blond bimbo wife called Joanna from somewhere,
                                    good for the old goat lol.

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Aug 22 4:37 AM
                                      Sim City was the first PC game I ever acquired, Id say bought lol but back
                                      in hmm the late 80's when I was the proud new owner of my Amstrad complete
                                      with 20mb hard drive :-). PC gaming was nigh on non existant let alone
                                      magazines and shops that stocked games for it, so my friend's son gave me a
                                      copy cough of Sim City. Then I found issue 7 of pc format and game reviews
                                      woof and the rest was history.. Lemmings, Obitus, this platform game with a
                                      fox in it. Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit text adventures.. happy days.

                                      From: _Flewelling@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:Flewelling@yahoogroups.com)

                                      From: _Flewelling@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:Flewelling@yahoogroups.com)

                                      --- In _Flewelling@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:Flewelling@yahoogroups.com)