Pondering

  • Lynn
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 2, 2010
      The first US writing workshop cruise was a great success. Met with our travel agent, George Abali, yesterday to work on ideas for the next cruise. Next year is the 15th anniversary of the release of LITS. Hope to do something around that.

      Also pondering a European workshop cruise. There are a few that go through the Greek Islands that I'd love to do. Always wanted to see Delos! I wonder if anyone would be interested?
    • Andrea Chavez
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 2, 2010
        15 years???  15 YEARS!?!?!?!  What the heck?   where did the time go....omg.....call the assisted living folks, I'll be there this afternoon.

        Andrea---lurking and feeling very old suddenly.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 2, 2010
          You've been there right from the start, haven't you? I remember you hand selling my books.

          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 2, 2010
            Depending on if I can actually afford it, I would be very interested.
            Though I write only for my own entertainment. :-)

            Tawariel

            Lynn schrieb:
            > The first US writing workshop cruise was a great success. Met with our travel agent, George Abali, yesterday to work on ideas for the next cruise. Next year is the 15th anniversary of the release of LITS. Hope to do something around that.
            >
            > Also pondering a European workshop cruise. There are a few that go through the Greek Islands that I'd love to do. Always wanted to see Delos! I wonder if anyone would be interested?

          • Faith Degnan
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 2, 2010
              WOOT! I LOVE Greece! And the Greek Islands are beautiful! <3

              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 2, 2010
                I have indeed.  I loved Seregil from the moment I read the blurb on the back cover and have loved the series since.  Between Claudia W and I, we kept your book on the best sellers list in Moscow, ID for months!

                Andrea C

                ________________________________
                You've been there right from the start, haven't you? I remember you hand selling my books.

                --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Andrea Chavez <achavez47@...> wrote:

                > 15 years???  15 YEARS!?!?!?!  What the heck?   where did the time go....omg.....call the assisted living folks, I'll be there this afternoon.
                >
                > Andrea---lurking and feeling very old suddenly.
                >

                > ________________________________

              • claudia wohlfeil
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 2, 2010
                  I still hand-sell your books!  Any time I see someone lurking in the sci-fi/fantasy area, I ask them if they have read your books.  I sell them all the time that way.  There was much rejoicing when the new book arrived!

                  Claudia

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 2, 2010
                    I do that too! Between J J and I we've probably sold a dozen people to the series, of course, this is in Maine where that's a lot of people. lolz

                    I still hand-sell your books!  Any time I see someone lurking in the sci-fi/fantasy area, I ask them if they have read your books.  I sell them all the time that way.  There was much rejoicing when the new book arrived!

                    Claudia

                    I have indeed.  I loved Seregil from the moment I read the blurb on the back cover and have loved the series since.  Between Claudia W and I, we kept your book on the best sellers list in Moscow, ID for months!

                    Andrea C

                    ________________________________
                    You've been there right from the start, haven't you? I remember you hand selling my books.

                    --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Andrea Chavez <achavez47@...> wrote:

                    > 15 years???  15 YEARS!?!?!?!  What the heck?   where did the time go....omg.....call the assisted living folks, I'll be there this afternoon.
                    >
                    > Andrea---lurking and feeling very old suddenly.
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • Mercury
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 3, 2010
                      Makes me feel very old too. I was 14 and now I feel quite old. I read Lynn's books to my daughter. when I read LINS and I remember having to custom order it because none of the local book stores carried it and now all of them do. Powells even has a little recommendation card for Lynns books.
                      I totally face Lynns books out whenever I go to the store so people can see them better.
                      -mercury

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 5, 2010
                        It would be good to meet you, after all these years!

                        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Tawariel <tawariel@...> wrote:

                        > Depending on if I can actually afford it, I would be very interested.
                        > Though I write only for my own entertainment. :-)
                        >
                        > Tawariel
                        >
                        > Lynn schrieb:
                        > > The first US writing workshop cruise was a great success. Met with our travel agent, George Abali, yesterday to work on ideas for the next cruise. Next year is the 15th anniversary of the release of LITS. Hope to do something around that.
                        > >
                        > > Also pondering a European workshop cruise. There are a few that go through the Greek Islands that I'd love to do. Always wanted to see Delos! I wonder if anyone would be interested?

                        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • Lynn
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 5, 2010
                          Thank you! That's the best PR most writers get. Much appreciated.

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jun 5, 2010
                            Where in Maine? If you told me I've lost it.

                            Message 13 of 15 , Jun 5, 2010
                              --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Mercury" <demosthenesmercury@...> wrote:

                              > Makes me feel very old too. I was 14 and now I feel quite old. I read Lynn's books to my daughter. when I read LINS and I remember having to custom order it because none of the local book stores carried it and now all of them do. Powells even has a little recommendation card for Lynns books.

                              Really? What does it say?

                              > I totally face Lynns books out whenever I go to the store so people can see them better.

                              Thank you!!!
                              > -mercury
                              >
                              > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Faith Degnan <degnanfaith@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > I do that too! Between J J and I we've probably sold a dozen people to the series, of course, this is in Maine where that's a lot of people. lolz

                            • Addie Underwood
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jun 5, 2010
                                We do that too! I work at Barnes and Noble and we get to put up “Staff
                                Picks” or “Staff Recommends” Tags and build endcaps of our favorite books a
                                lot of times. And since I build a lot of the non-corporate-dictated endcaps
                                I get to chose some of the picks pretty often…. Guess what is on there? Hee
                                hee. I also hand sell them in the section. I put them on auto order, we have
                                three copies of each… and everytime we sell one the system automatically
                                orders a replacement for our stock. I have the reading population of
                                Portland Oregon in my hands *evil grin* Mwahahaha. Ah-hem… I mean teehee
                                *innocent smile*

                                Addie

                                > Makes me feel very old too. I was 14 and now I feel quite old. I read
                                Lynn's books to my daughter. when I read LINS and I remember having to
                                custom order it because none of the local book stores carried it and now all
                                of them do. Powells even has a little recommendation card for Lynns books.

                                Really? What does it say?

                                > I totally face Lynns books out whenever I go to the store so people can
                                see them better.

                                Thank you!!!
                                > -mercury
                                >
                                > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Flewelling%40yahoogroups.com> ,
                                Faith Degnan <degnanfaith@> wrote:

                                > > I do that too! Between J J and I we've probably sold a dozen people to
                                the series, of course, this is in Maine where that's a lot of people. lolz

                                <mailto:Flewelling-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
                                > > List owner:Â Flewelling-owner@yahoogroups.com
                                <mailto:Flewelling-owner%40yahoogroups.com>
                                > > URL to this page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flewelling
                                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                              • Faith Degnan
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jun 5, 2010
                                  Rockland. Born and raised. ^_^ But we moved cause my husbend rejoined the Navy :-D