Re: [Flewelling] White Road release date?

  • Peter Andersson
    Message 1 of 14 , May 24, 2010
      Amazon shipped my copy yesterday...and I don't think that "one of us jerks
      in Europe" got it first either...go blame Japan instead.

      /Peter

      2010/5/24 Michelle <hametsunosaturn@...>

      > The... 25th IS tomorrow? The official release date is supposed to be
      > Tuesday, the 25th. It's just that those jerks in Europe got it first, for
      > some crazy reason. :(
      >
      > Maybe release date laws are different in Europe than they are in America.
      > Whatever the case, it makes me a bit unhappy. I mean, I'm even taking the
      > day off of work (most of it) so I could get the book and not be too far
      > behind the mailing list... but I'm already behind, even though it hasn't
      > come out. :( :( :(
      >

      > ________________________________

    • F Kristin Larsson
      Message 2 of 14 , May 24, 2010
        JERKS? What ever did european people ever do to you to be exact!? (I'm from sweden myself...) Hey....We usualy end up LAST in line when ever something is released, be it movies, books or videogames!

        What ever...I ordered my copy from Adlibris today ^^ so I hope to recieve it within 4-5 days! <3 GLEE!!!

        /Frida

        To: Flewelling@yahoogroups.com
        From: hametsunosaturn@...
        Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 06:32:29 -0700
        Subject: Re: [Flewelling] White Road release date?

        Message 3 of 14 , May 24, 2010
          Sorry, I was being playful, I didn't mean the word "jerk" in a mean way. I really am sorry if I offended anyone.

          Whatever the case, some people are getting their books before the release date from Amazon somewhere. I thought the people getting it were in Europe, if not, then wherever those people are. Whatever the case is, it's pretty unfair.

          ________________________________
          Well, those jerks in Europe had to have SOME advantage SOMETIME, right?

          _____

          According to Amazon it comes out on the 25th, according to Lynn's offical
          site it comes out tomorow. Does anyone know the true release date?

        • M C
          Message 4 of 14 , May 24, 2010
            Well I pre-ordered mine in July last year. Delivery date 27th or 28th but Amazon.uk still has it as out of stock so who knows.

            MC23 a fellow jerk

            > From: laioism@...
            >

            > JERKS? What ever did european people ever do to you to be exact!? (I'm from sweden myself...) Hey....We usualy end up LAST in line when ever something is released, be it movies, books or videogames!
            >
            > What ever...I ordered my copy from Adlibris today ^^ so I hope to recieve it within 4-5 days! <3 GLEE!!!
            >
            > /Frida
            >

            > To: Flewelling@yahoogroups.com
            > From: hametsunosaturn@...
            > Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 06:32:29 -0700
            > Subject: Re: [Flewelling] White Road release date?
            >

            > The... 25th IS tomorrow? The official release date is supposed to be Tuesday, the 25th. It's just that those jerks in Europe got it first, for some crazy reason. :(
            >
            > Maybe release date laws are different in Europe than they are in America. Whatever the case, it makes me a bit unhappy. I mean, I'm even taking the day off of work (most of it) so I could get the book and not be too far behind the mailing list... but I'm already behind, even though it hasn't come out. :( :( :(

          • Michelle
            Message 5 of 14 , May 24, 2010
              For the record, I did apologize. I didn't mean to be offensive or rude when I said "jerks" I was being silly and playful. I'd just woken up and apparently wasn't thinking straight. Personally, I'm from England living in America, so I genuinely do not think people in Europe are jerks. I didn't read closely to who was posting the spoilers, since you know, they're spoilers. But I thought the people who'd been bragging about getting their copies sometime last week were from places in Europe.

              To be fair, hearing people brag about getting their books nearly five days before the release date wasn't very pleasant, and they were the ones who inspired the "jerk" comment. Not that I should have said it. But to those who were offended, once again, I am sorry. Please, can we not having this word thrown around any more than it has already? This place is supposed to be fun and happy, not snarky comments. So for my part in that, again, I am sorry.

              ________________________________
              That's what we jerks are used to. Not to mention cr*p editions of everything
              at twice the price.

            • Tahra
              Message 6 of 14 , May 24, 2010
                Exactly.

                That's what we jerks are used to. Not to mention cr*p editions of everything
                at twice the price.

              • Wolf SilverOak
                Message 7 of 14 , May 24, 2010
                  Umm, tomorrow is the 25th.}:P

                  -Wolf

                  Semper Fi, Once a Marine, Always a Marine.
                  Without Chaos, there can be no Order.
                  <http://wolfsilveroak.insanejournal.com>
                  http://wolfsilveroak.insanejournal.com - Wolf's Den blog

                  <http://wolfsilveroak.deviantart.com> http://wolfsilveroak.deviantart.com-
                  DeviantArt page
                  <http://www.1000markets.com/users/dantesspirit>
                  http://www.1000markets.com/users/dantesspirit - Dante's Spirit at
                  1000Markets
                  <http://DantesSpirit.etsy.com> http://DantesSpirit.etsy.com - Dante's
                  Spirit Etsy Shop

                  According to Amazon it comes out on the 25th, according to Lynn's offical
                  site it comes out tomorow. Does anyone know the true release date?

                • Wolf SilverOak

                    Amazon shipped my copy yesterday...and I don't think that "one of us jerks
                    in Europe" got it first either...go blame Japan instead.

                    /Peter

                    2010/5/24 Michelle <hametsunosaturn@...
                    <mailto:hametsunosaturn%40yahoo.com> >

                    > The... 25th IS tomorrow? The official release date is supposed to be
                    > Tuesday, the 25th. It's just that those jerks in Europe got it first, for
                    > some crazy reason. :(
                    >
                    > Maybe release date laws are different in Europe than they are in America.
                    > Whatever the case, it makes me a bit unhappy. I mean, I'm even taking the
                    > day off of work (most of it) so I could get the book and not be too far
                    > behind the mailing list... but I'm already behind, even though it hasn't
                    > come out. :( :( :(
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                    <mailto:Flewelling-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
                    <mailto:Flewelling-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
                    > List owner: Flewelling-owner@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:Flewelling-owner%40yahoogroups.com>

                  • Elizabeth Burt-Schultz
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 24, 2010
                      I actually walked into B&N Friday afternoon and there were a few copies just
                      sitting there on the shelf with the Sci-Fi/Fantasy new releases. I wasn't
                      expecting it there so early, but I'm glad that I checked. It was actually
                      rather nice, because they had a good display of the rest of the Nightrunner
                      books right along with it. Just finished reading tonight, myself. I guess
                      some places are a lot less strict about release dates than others.

                      On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Wolf SilverOak <wolfsilveroak@...>wrote:

                      > I don't think she meant the buyers of the books as the 'jerks', I think she
                      > meant the shippers of the books.
                      >

                      > -Wolf
                      >
                      > Semper Fi, Once a Marine, Always a Marine.
                      > Without Chaos, there can be no Order.
                      > <http://wolfsilveroak.insanejournal.com>
                      > http://wolfsilveroak.insanejournal.com - Wolf's Den blog
                      >
                      > <http://wolfsilveroak.deviantart.com> http://wolfsilveroak.deviantart.com-
                      > DeviantArt page
                      > <http://www.1000markets.com/users/dantesspirit>
                      > http://www.1000markets.com/users/dantesspirit - Dante's Spirit at
                      > 1000Markets
                      > <http://DantesSpirit.etsy.com> http://DantesSpirit.etsy.com - Dante's
                      > Spirit Etsy Shop

                    • Kevin Bartlett
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 24, 2010
                        Hi All,

                        I believe I am the one who should be referred to as Jerk. I got the book and since I live in Japan and no one I know is slightly interested in reading the books and talking about them, I thought I would see if anyone else got the book early so that we could start a kind of count down before everyone has there copies. I did it as I thought it would make people happy knowing that if others are getting it, that their copies is soon to be on the way. Sorry to cause problems....If its any bonus to you guys, I have been working everyday and sent on business almost every 2nd day am only half way through it, so those of you who get yours in the next week will probably finish it before me haha!!

                        Enjoy your reading, and for those who havent got it yet.....ORDER FROM AMAZON JAPAN NEXT TIME HAHA. Even with shipping that takes a week to America, you would probably still get it earlier haha:). For those who are interested, Japan is always very relaxed with release dates. As soon as they receive stock, they start sending it out.

                        I actually walked into B&N Friday afternoon and there were a few copies just
                        sitting there on the shelf with the Sci-Fi/Fantasy new releases. I wasn't
                        expecting it there so early, but I'm glad that I checked. It was actually
                        rather nice, because they had a good display of the rest of the Nightrunner
                        books right along with it. Just finished reading tonight, myself. I guess
                        some places are a lot less strict about release dates than others.

                        On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Wolf SilverOak <wolfsilveroak@...>wrote:

                        > I don't think she meant the buyers of the books as the 'jerks', I think she
                        > meant the shippers of the books.
                        >

                        > -Wolf
                        >
                        > Semper Fi, Once a Marine, Always a Marine.
                        > Without Chaos, there can be no Order.
                        > <http://wolfsilveroak.insanejournal.com>
                        > http://wolfsilveroak.insanejournal.com - Wolf's Den blog
                        >
                        > <http://wolfsilveroak.deviantart.com> http://wolfsilveroak.deviantart.com-
                        > DeviantArt page
                        > <http://www.1000markets.com/users/dantesspirit>
                        > http://www.1000markets.com/users/dantesspirit - Dante's Spirit at
                        > 1000Markets
                        > <http://DantesSpirit.etsy.com> http://DantesSpirit.etsy.com - Dante's
                        > Spirit Etsy Shop

                      • Michelle
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 25, 2010
                          No one is a jerk. Everyone is just really excited to read the book, with good reason. :)

                          May 25th today~!~!~! :D :D :D :D :D

                          I can totally understand people being happy and excited about getting the book early. It makes perfect sense, and I certainly would be excited, too, if I got it. Again, sorry to everyone in Europe on the list, and sorry to yooou folks in Japan. No use scoffing at other people's fortune. I'm off to work for a couple hours, then off to my own book store to grab a copy.

                          Let the rejoicing begin across America for general acquirement of the book~ And hooray! To everyone who got an early copy and will soon be able to talk about the book~

                          And sorry, to those who may or may not have he book yet but are either way unable to read it. I hope your happy reading starts soon~!