New Interview

  • Lynn
    Message 1 of 22 , May 1, 2010
      I have a new interview up at Kelly Harmon's blog.
      http://kellyaharmon.com/?p=2337
    • Mercury
      Message 2 of 22 , May 2, 2010
        I just bought Boneshaker today, but a few hours before I read this interview! Its good to know your liking it, Lynn, I've been nervous about trying new books lately cause I've been dissapointed by so many bad ones in a row. This one caught my eye because it said 'steam punk' on the cover, I had never heard that word and thought it sounded pretty cool. Pluse, I love unique takes on zombies, zombies are always awesome. Can't wait to start reading it.
        -Mercury

        Message 3 of 22 , May 3, 2010
          I'm totally with you there. Ever since I decided to throw out my TV it'S getting harder and harder to find books (fiction) worth reading.

          Since there are hardly any noteworthy German fantasy authors I find myself endlessly searching on amazon and so on.
          I even keep an excel file with all upcoming sequels of novels I liked to check upon every once in a while (plus I currently got like 12 books pre-ordered on amazon :-( )

          *sigh*double.sigh*

          I am currently reading R. Scott Baker. So far I thought his books were worth my time and I enjoyed the story as a whole, even though there are some uh...lets say weaker parts.

          I am currently reading book 4 of the prince of nothing series, and I gotta admit, the end is turning out horribly well..cliché?
          A war party trying to cross the mountains but being blocked by snow is forced to take the route through the mountains, where some long dead society once living in splendour and now something evil lurks in the dark... c'mon. Oh...and I forgot, a sorcerer is their guide. Makes me wanna shout "no amateurish copying, you fool!"

          noerml

          Message 4 of 22 , May 21, 2010
            Since the first lucky few already have their copies of "White Road" a
            short reminder for everyone:

            Please label your posts about WR clearly as such and remember to put in
            lots of spoiler space.
            Some of us have to wait a little longer for their copies or are slower
            readers.
            Thanks and enjoy! :-)

            Tawariel
            (moderator)
          • Michelle
            Message 5 of 22 , May 21, 2010
              Also! Just as a reminder!

              If you do spoiler space, **DON'T** do this:

              But rather something more like this:

              SPOILER

              SPOILER

              SPOILER

              Because gmail (and probably some other services) give a summary of the e-mail right next to the subject line and that first example looks more like "White Road Discussion ... S P O I L E R OMG SO AND SO DIED AND SO AND SO IS A TRAITOR AND I CAN'T BELIEVE..." which defeats the purpose. I remember some people got spoiled that way last year and were very ;____; about it. So yeah, just thought I'd throw that out there. :)

              Michelle

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 22 , May 21, 2010
                > If you do spoiler space, **DON'T** do this:
                >
                > But rather something more like this:
                >
                > SPOILER
                >
                > SPOILER
                >
                > SPOILER
                >
                > Because gmail (and probably some other services) give a summary of the
                > e-mail right next to the subject line and that first example looks more
                > like "White Road Discussion ... S P O I L E R OMG SO AND SO DIED AND SO
                > AND SO IS A TRAITOR AND I CAN'T BELIEVE..." which defeats the purpose. I
                > remember some people got spoiled that way last year and were very ;____;
                > about it. So yeah, just thought I'd throw that out there. :)

                IMPRECATIONS! Why can't Gmail deal with it the way everything ELSE does??!!
                Yet ANOTHER unnecessary, counterproductive, waste people's energy "creative"
                way of doing things.

                *PTUI*!****************************************
                There's mail software the above DOES NOT WORK FOR -- using a blank line
                gets -removed - from them.
                It would show as

                SPOILER
                SPOILER
                SPOILER
                And here's the spoiler, on the FOURTH LINE!!!!

                DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!

                > Michelle
              • Michelle
                Message 7 of 22 , May 21, 2010
                  Yeah, I intended there to be more than just three lines of "SPOILER" space. But I didn't want to make the e-mail too long, since there weren't actual spoilers. heh heh. So yeah, just put the word in like 20 times on independent lines and maybe we'll be okay. ^__^

                  Michelle

                  ________________________________
                  > If you do spoiler space, **DON'T** do this:
                  >
                  > But rather something more like this:
                  >
                  > SPOILER
                  >
                  > SPOILER
                  >
                  > SPOILER
                  >
                  > Because gmail (and probably some other services) give a summary of the
                  > e-mail right next to the subject line and that first example looks more
                  > like "White Road Discussion ... S P O I L E R OMG SO AND SO DIED AND SO
                  > AND SO IS A TRAITOR AND I CAN'T BELIEVE..." which defeats the purpose. I
                  > remember some people got spoiled that way last year and were very ;____;
                  > about it. So yeah, just thought I'd throw that out there. :)

                  IMPRECATIONS! Why can't Gmail deal with it the way everything ELSE does??!!
                  Yet ANOTHER unnecessary, counterproductive, waste people's energy "creative"
                  way of doing things.

                  *PTUI*!****************************************
                  There's mail software the above DOES NOT WORK FOR -- using a blank line
                  gets -removed - from them.
                  It would show as

                  SPOILER
                  SPOILER
                  SPOILER
                  And here's the spoiler, on the FOURTH LINE!!!!

                  DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!

                  > Michelle

                • Kelly Kurtz
                  Message 8 of 22 , May 23, 2010
                    If anyone's finished reading it I'd appreciate any major spoilers you'd like to share.  IE - Are Seregil and Alec separated through most of the book?  Does Alec's wierd kid play a large part? Are Seregil and Alec still together in the end.  Thanks.     Kelly

                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp
                    {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;padding:0 10px;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp hr
                    {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp #ecxhd
                    {color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp #ecxads
                    {margin-bottom:10px;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp .ecxad
                    {padding:0 0;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp .ecxad a
                    {color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxygrp-lc
                    {font-family:Arial;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxygrp-lc #ecxhd
                    {font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxygrp-lc .ecxad
                    {margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
                    .ExternalClass a
                    {color:#1e66ae;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxactions
                    {font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxactivity
                    {background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxactivity span
                    {font-weight:700;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxactivity span a
                    {color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxactivity span span
                    {color:#ff7900;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxactivity span .ecxunderline
                    {text-decoration:underline;}
                    .ExternalClass .ecxattach
                    {clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 0;width:400px;}
                    .ExternalClass .ecxattach div a
                    {text-decoration:none;}
                    .ExternalClass .ecxattach img
                    {border:none;padding-right:5px;}
                    .ExternalClass .ecxattach label
                    {display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}
                    .ExternalClass .ecxattach label a
                    {text-decoration:none;}
                    .ExternalClass blockquote
                    {;}
                    .ExternalClass .ecxbold
                    {font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}
                    .ExternalClass .ecxbold a
                    {text-decoration:none;}
                    .ExternalClass dd.ecxlast p a
                    {font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}
                    .ExternalClass dd.ecxlast p span
                    {margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}
                    .ExternalClass dd.ecxlast p span.ecxyshortcuts
                    {margin-right:0;}
                    .ExternalClass div.ecxattach-table div div a
                    {text-decoration:none;}
                    .ExternalClass div.ecxattach-table
                    {width:400px;}
                    .ExternalClass div.ecxfile-title a, .ExternalClass div.ecxfile-title a:active, .ExternalClass div.ecxfile-title a:hover, .ExternalClass div.ecxfile-title a:visited
                    {text-decoration:none;}
                    .ExternalClass div.ecxphoto-title a, .ExternalClass div.ecxphoto-title a:active, .ExternalClass div.ecxphoto-title a:hover, .ExternalClass div.ecxphoto-title a:visited
                    {text-decoration:none;}
                    .ExternalClass ecxdiv#ygrp-mlmsg #ecxygrp-msg p a span.ecxyshortcuts
                    {font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}
                    .ExternalClass .ecxgreen
                    {color:#628c2a;}
                    .ExternalClass .ecxMsoNormal
                    {;}
                    .ExternalClass ecxo
                    {font-size:0;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxphotos div
                    {float:left;width:72px;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxphotos div div
                    {border:1px solid #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxphotos div label
                    {color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxreco-category
                    {font-size:77%;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxreco-desc
                    {font-size:77%;}
                    .ExternalClass .ecxreplbq
                    {;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg
                    {font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica,clean, sans-serif;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg table
                    {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg select, .ExternalClass input, .ExternalClass textarea
                    {font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg pre, .ExternalClass code
                    {font:115% monospace;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg ecx*
                    {line-height:1.22em;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg #ecxlogo
                    {padding-bottom:10px;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg a
                    {color:#1E66AE;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-msg p a
                    {font-family:Verdana;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-msg ecxp#attach-count span
                    {color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-reco #ecxreco-head
                    {color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-reco
                    {margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxov li a
                    {font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxov li
                    {font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxov ul
                    {padding:0 0 0 8px;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-text
                    {font-family:Georgia;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-text p
                    {;}
                    .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-text tt
                    {font-size:120%;}

                  • marleenstam
                    Message 9 of 22 , May 23, 2010
                      MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...
                      MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...
                      MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...
                      MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...
                      MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...
                      MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...
                      MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...
                      MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...
                      MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...
                      MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...
                      MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...
                      MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KELLY...

                      Seregil, Alec and Micum are together the entire book. Sebrahn (the weird kid) is with them for about 2/3 of the book and pretty much the book is about how to deal with him and how to stop people from making any more of them. The story is set partly in Aurenen and partly in Plenimar. Ilar comes back. No relationship trouble between S an A.

                      Anything else?

                      Marleen