OT: Characters

  • karynadamson
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2 6:38 AM
      I was curious if anyone else ever wondered if characters from certain books would be friends with characters from other books. For example, if Alec would be friends with Mildmay from Sarah Monette's books. I think they would. But I don't think Felix and Seregil would. Just one of those odd thoughts that I wondered if anyone else ever had.
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3 2:36 AM
        Oh, I do that too. Sometimes I play little crossover scenarios in my
        head, just for fun.
        What would happen if Alec and Seregil fell through a rabbit hole and
        ended up in modern day Chicago and met Fraser and Ray from "Due South"
        (one of my favorite tv shows).
        Or if they found a stargate in some hidden corner of Lynn's world (btw I
        can't remember if Lynn's world has a name?) and got a visit from either
        SG1 or Atlantis. Can you imagine what would happen if Nysander ever met
        Dumbledore? *bg*

        Tawariel
        (yeah, I know, my head is a weird place...)

        karynadamson schrieb:
        > I was curious if anyone else ever wondered if characters from certain books would be friends with characters from other books. For example, if Alec would be friends with Mildmay from Sarah Monette's books. I think they would. But I don't think Felix and Seregil would. Just one of those odd thoughts that I wondered if anyone else ever had.

      • Mercury
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 3 1:37 PM
          that makes me think of this great little comic on deviant art about nightrunner meets the characters from the game kingdom hearts. As a kingdom hearts and night runner fan, I found this quite amusing
          link: http://fishylove.deviantart.com/art/Nightrunner-Kingdom-Hearts-55056908

          -mercury

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 5 4:50 AM
            Hm... I seriously was having the same sort of thought.

            I am just reading "the lies of locke lamorra" (which is by the way a nice read for everyone having enjoyed the thieving part of the NR books) and was sorta wondering what mind-boggling mischieve would be the result of a cooporation between Seregil and Locke xD

            cheers,
            noerml

            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Mercury" <demosthenesmercury@...> wrote:

            > that makes me think of this great little comic on deviant art about nightrunner meets the characters from the game kingdom hearts. As a kingdom hearts and night runner fan, I found this quite amusing
            > link: http://fishylove.deviantart.com/art/Nightrunner-Kingdom-Hearts-55056908
            >
            > -mercury
            >

            > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Tawariel <tawariel@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Oh, I do that too. Sometimes I play little crossover scenarios in my
            > > head, just for fun.
            > > What would happen if Alec and Seregil fell through a rabbit hole and
            > > ended up in modern day Chicago and met Fraser and Ray from "Due South"
            > > (one of my favorite tv shows).
            > > Or if they found a stargate in some hidden corner of Lynn's world (btw I
            > > can't remember if Lynn's world has a name?) and got a visit from either
            > > SG1 or Atlantis. Can you imagine what would happen if Nysander ever met
            > > Dumbledore? *bg*
            > >
            > > Tawariel
            > > (yeah, I know, my head is a weird place...)
            > >
            > > karynadamson schrieb:
            > > > I was curious if anyone else ever wondered if characters from certain books would be friends with characters from other books. For example, if Alec would be friends with Mildmay from Sarah Monette's books. I think they would. But I don't think Felix and Seregil would. Just one of those odd thoughts that I wondered if anyone else ever had.

            > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Kristi Lynn
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 5 10:15 AM
              I'm still working on *The Lies of Locke Lamora*, but that would make for a
              very FUN adventure indeed! Do you think they would either drive each other
              batty though or just work together perfectly? I see it as being an either/or
              kind of thing, not too much compromise there.
              -Kristi

              On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 7:50 AM, noerml <noerml@...> wrote:

              > Hm... I seriously was having the same sort of thought.
              >
              > I am just reading "the lies of locke lamorra" (which is by the way a nice
              > read for everyone having enjoyed the thieving part of the NR books) and was
              > sorta wondering what mind-boggling mischieve would be the result of a
              > cooporation between Seregil and Locke xD
              >
              > cheers,
              > noerml
              >
              > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com <Flewelling%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > "Mercury" <demosthenesmercury@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > that makes me think of this great little comic on deviant art about
              > nightrunner meets the characters from the game kingdom hearts. As a kingdom
              > hearts and night runner fan, I found this quite amusing
              > > link:
              > http://fishylove.deviantart.com/art/Nightrunner-Kingdom-Hearts-55056908
              > >
              > > -mercury
              > >

              > > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com <Flewelling%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > Tawariel <tawariel@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Oh, I do that too. Sometimes I play little crossover scenarios in my
              > > > head, just for fun.
              > > > What would happen if Alec and Seregil fell through a rabbit hole and
              > > > ended up in modern day Chicago and met Fraser and Ray from "Due South"
              > > > (one of my favorite tv shows).
              > > > Or if they found a stargate in some hidden corner of Lynn's world (btw
              > > > can't remember if Lynn's world has a name?) and got a visit from either
              >
              > > > SG1 or Atlantis. Can you imagine what would happen if Nysander ever met
              >
              > > > Dumbledore? *bg*
              > > >
              > > > Tawariel
              > > > (yeah, I know, my head is a weird place...)

              > books would be friends with characters from other books. For example, if
              > Alec would be friends with Mildmay from Sarah Monette's books. I think they
              > would. But I don't think Felix and Seregil would. Just one of those odd
              > thoughts that I wondered if anyone else ever had.

            • jennifer_thorne
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 5 10:42 AM
                LOL. Felix and Seregil would be instant death... for one or both.

                ~Jen

                --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "karynadamson" <pghcelt@...> wrote:

                > I was curious if anyone else ever wondered if characters from certain books would be friends with characters from other books. For example, if Alec would be friends with Mildmay from Sarah Monette's books. I think they would. But I don't think Felix and Seregil would. Just one of those odd thoughts that I wondered if anyone else ever had.

              • Ankhetif
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 5 12:51 PM
                   It matters not how strait the gate.
                  How charged with Punishment the scroll
                  I am the Master of my Fate,
                  I am the Captain of my Souls

                  LOL. Felix and Seregil would be instant death... for one or both.

                  ~Jen

                  --- In Flewelling@yahoogro ups.com, "karynadamson" <pghcelt@... > wrote:

                  > I was curious if anyone else ever wondered if characters from certain books would be friends with characters from other books. For example, if Alec would be friends with Mildmay from Sarah Monette's books. I think they would. But I don't think Felix and Seregil would. Just one of those odd thoughts that I wondered if anyone else ever had.

                  i was thinking maybe Silk(from belgaraid) anf Serigel would be funny.  Trying to out do one another.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 5 11:12 PM
                    Both being very headstrong and not likely to take orders from another, it would probably take a mutual goal, some score thad needs settling, but once things get going I think they'll drive each other to new heights xD