Re: [Flewelling] Mini Workshop 1

  • Lynn Flewelling
    Message 1 of 36 , Feb 12, 2010
      On Feb 12, 2010, at 2:41 PM, Wendy Williams wrote:

      > Very insightful, thanks so much. I've printed it off. Twice cause for some reason my printer doesn't like what it's put on the first page, but yeah... I need a new printer, but that's beside the point.
      >
      > Anyway, question:
      >
      > You've dived into some things about how a character should look etc. what are some of your suggestions on that, like should we avoid the whole cliche of bad guys with black hair and whatever colour eyes, and good guys blonde haired etc. Or can we still get away with clich├ęs like that?

      Well, everyone has to have hair and eye color and they don't necessarily have to mean anything. But the good guy/blond bad guy/black is sort of like cowboys with white and black hats. On the other hand, if it's a racial thing, like Alec being from the north, and Mardus being from a swarthier ethnic group, then it just sort of works out that way. I didn't make the Plen. dark because they were evil, just pictured them as more Mediterranen. Use your best judgement when you're world building and try for internal consistency.

      :-)
    • Wendy Williams
      Message 36 of 36 , Feb 24, 2010
        Okay, that video made my day. :)

        This has been bought to you by Wednesday

        My Web site: http://web.me.com/wwnwil1986/myWorld-wen/My_world.html