m/m in new game

  • silbran
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2009
      Hi all,

      thought you could be interested for obvious reasons ;-)

      In a german online-magazine I read about the new videogame Dragon Age (for Playstation 3 and XBox 360) that cause some snickering (and of course homophobe bashing). The programmers have not only included the possibility of some physical interaction between male and female heroes if you choose the right course of action using the dialogues, but also one between the hero and a male Assassin-Elf.
      There is a youtube-video with the scene:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUhCPADhuCs

      Of course its quite harmless, but certainly worth a visit.

      The article in the german newspaper in german language can be found here:
      http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/0,1518,664196,00.html
    • Lynn
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2009
        Gay male elf assassin, eh? Wonder if they're Seregil fans. ;-)

        I have heard there's suddenly a lot of interest in the sf/f media community to include gay elements. Maybe that will help get my movie made?

        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "silbran" <silbran@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > thought you could be interested for obvious reasons ;-)
        >
        > In a german online-magazine I read about the new videogame Dragon Age (for Playstation 3 and XBox 360) that cause some snickering (and of course homophobe bashing). The programmers have not only included the possibility of some physical interaction between male and female heroes if you choose the right course of action using the dialogues, but also one between the hero and a male Assassin-Elf.
        > There is a youtube-video with the scene:
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUhCPADhuCs
        >
        > Of course its quite harmless, but certainly worth a visit.
        >
        > The article in the german newspaper in german language can be found here:
        > http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/0,1518,664196,00.html

      • Faith Degnan
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 2, 2009
          Not that I'm a fangirl or anything, but I want that game just to bug my homophobe friends!

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 2, 2009
            I found out that the links in my posting are not working due to blanks that somehow appears in the URL in the original message. Pressing the return button on my message causes the link to be correctly (without the blanks).
            I don't know why this is the case. If you have trouble getting access to the video and copying the link doesn't work for you, then hit the return button and copy the link from the text window. For me that works for some reason better than copying it out from the original message.

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUhCPADhuCs

            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "silbran" <silbran@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            >
            > thought you could be interested for obvious reasons ;-)
            >
            > In a german online-magazine I read about the new videogame Dragon Age (for Playstation 3 and XBox 360) that cause some snickering (and of course homophobe bashing). The programmers have not only included the possibility of some physical interaction between male and female heroes if you choose the right course of action using the dialogues, but also one between the hero and a male Assassin-Elf.
            > There is a youtube-video with the scene:
            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUhCPADhuCs
            >
            > Of course its quite harmless, but certainly worth a visit.
            >
            > The article in the german newspaper in german language can be found here:
            > http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/0,1518,664196,00.html

          • Wendy Williams
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 2, 2009
              Really? In*Goes and watch before continuing to reply.*

              Interesting. It looked as if you play it right, you could have more
              then that scene, but they screwed it up.

              Maybe I should get the game just cause of that scene and show my
              sister and best friend. We'd love it. :D

              This has been bought to you by Wednesday

              My Web site: http://web.me.com/wwnwil1986/myWorld-wen/My_world.html

              On 03/12/2009, at 1:48 AM, silbran wrote:

              > Hi all,
              >
              > thought you could be interested for obvious reasons ;-)
              >
              > In a german online-magazine I read about the new videogame Dragon
              > Age (for Playstation 3 and XBox 360) that cause some snickering (and
              > of course homophobe bashing). The programmers have not only included
              > the possibility of some physical interaction between male and female
              > heroes if you choose the right course of action using the dialogues,
              > but also one between the hero and a male Assassin-Elf.
              > There is a youtube-video with the scene:
              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUhCPADhuCs
              >
              > Of course its quite harmless, but certainly worth a visit.
              >
              > The article in the german newspaper in german language can be found
              > here:
              > http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/0,1518,664196,00.html

            • Angie Fiedler Sutton
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 2, 2009
                Well, the reason I even started reading your books, Lynn, is because it was recommended in a 'gay science fiction/fantasy' column on (I want to say) SciFi Guys. Having been a reader (and occasional writer) of slash fic, I figured I'd give it a go. Never looked back. <g> So, yeah, overall gay characters are creeping in and becoming mainstream (at least in the tv shows I watch - don't read as much as I used to). Why NOT fantasy & sci fi?

                Angie

                ~~~~~~~~~~
                All the world's a stage. And most of us are stuck painting the flats. - New Adventures of Queen Victoria

                My portfolio: http://bakabard.4shared.com/%c2%a0

                Gay male elf assassin, eh? Wonder if they're Seregil fans.  ;-)

                I have heard there's suddenly a lot of interest in the sf/f media community to include gay elements. Maybe that will help get my movie made?

                --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "silbran" <silbran@...> wrote:

                > Hi all,
                >
                > thought you could be interested for obvious reasons ;-)
                >
                > In a german online-magazine I read about the new videogame Dragon Age (for Playstation 3 and XBox 360) that cause some snickering (and of course homophobe bashing). The programmers have not only included the possibility of some physical interaction between male and female heroes if you choose the right course of action using the dialogues, but also one between the hero and a male Assassin-Elf.
                > There is a youtube-video with the scene:
                > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUhCPADhuCs
                >
                > Of course its quite harmless, but certainly worth a visit.
                >
                > The article in the german newspaper in german language can be found here:
                > http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/0,1518,664196,00.html

              • Deb
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 2, 2009
                  Not to discourage you from getting what I've heard is an excellent game (for reasons other than the inclusion of gay possibilities for your main character and some bisexual guards and the like), but it is by all accounts a supremely challenging one. I don't know how far that scene is into the game, but I have intense gamer friends that were being put to the test within the first few hours of gameplay.

                  But I am really glad that they included the possibility to make your first-person main character gay, because I think it adds a depth of realism that games in this genre are trying to reach. Without the option, most people wouldn't feel the lack, but for the few that do, it would fall flat. (If I recall correctly, that option was available in both Fable games, and you've always been able to make gay Sims.)

                  Just my ramble-y two cents.

                  Deb

                  "Treat no one lightly; think nothing is useless, for everyone has one's moment, and everything has its place"

                  -Pirkei Avot

                  Really? In*Goes and watch before continuing to reply.*

                  Interesting. It looked as if you play it right, you could have more
                  then that scene, but they screwed it up.

                  Maybe I should get the game just cause of that scene and show my
                  sister and best friend. We'd love it. :D

                  This has been bought to you by Wednesday

                  My Web site: http://web.me.com/wwnwil1986/myWorld-wen/My_world.html

                  On 03/12/2009, at 1:48 AM, silbran wrote:

                  > Hi all,
                  >
                  > thought you could be interested for obvious reasons ;-)
                  >
                  > In a german online-magazine I read about the new videogame Dragon
                  > Age (for Playstation 3 and XBox 360) that cause some snickering (and
                  > of course homophobe bashing). The programmers have not only included
                  > the possibility of some physical interaction between male and female
                  > heroes if you choose the right course of action using the dialogues,
                  > but also one between the hero and a male Assassin-Elf.
                  > There is a youtube-video with the scene:
                  > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUhCPADhuCs
                  >
                  > Of course its quite harmless, but certainly worth a visit.
                  >
                  > The article in the german newspaper in german language can be found
                  > here:
                  > http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/0,1518,664196,00.html

                • Mercury
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 6, 2009
                    The creators (bioware) of this game also made one called Mass Effect in which your main character has male and female choices for romantic interest no matter what your characters gender, so this isn't the first time they did this. One reason this companies games are so intresting and good is because they give you so many options for your game and are very "choose your own adventure"

                    --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Deb <shiakuu_hitome@...> wrote:

                    > Not to discourage you from getting what I've heard is an excellent game (for reasons other than the iclusion of gay possibilitihates for your main character and some bisexual guards and the like), but it is by all accounts a supremely challenging one. I don't know how far that scene is into the game, but I have intense gamer friends that were being put to the test within the first few hours of gameplay.
                    >
                    > But I am really glad that they included the possibility to make your first-person main character gay, because I think it adds a depth of realism that games in this genre are trying to reach. Without the option, most people wouldn't feel the lack, but for the few that do, it would fall flat. (If I recall correctly, that option was available in both Fable games, and you've always been able to make gay Sims.)
                    >
                    > Just my ramble-y two cents.
                    >
                    > Deb
                    >
                    > "Treat no one lightly; think nothing is useless, for everyone has one's moment, and everything has its place"
                    >
                    > -Pirkei Avot

                  • Rajean P. Moone
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 6, 2009
                      Also, not to perpetuate the discussion, but there are many gay advocacy
                      groups that are applauding the new character in Dragon Age with very quiet
                      clapping. The character in essence is a male whore. When they end
                      lovemaking, the main character essentially asks what does that mean for him
                      and the elf. And the elf basically says he gets pleasure when he can and see
                      ya next time you're horny.

                      I'm not arguing one way or the other, but it's just a point that's been
                      made. The one m/m relationship is essentially a one-night stand.

                      --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Flewelling%40yahoogroups.com> ,
                      Deb <shiakuu_hitome@...> wrote:

                      > Not to discourage you from getting what I've heard is an excellent game
                      (for reasons other than the iclusion of gay possibilitihates for your main
                      character and some bisexual guards and the like), but it is by all accounts
                      a supremely challenging one. I don't know how far that scene is into the
                      game, but I have intense gamer friends that were being put to the test
                      within the first few hours of gameplay.

                      > But I am really glad that they included the possibility to make your
                      first-person main character gay, because I think it adds a depth of realism
                      that games in this genre are trying to reach. Without the option, most
                      people wouldn't feel the lack, but for the few that do, it would fall flat.
                      (If I recall correctly, that option was available in both Fable games, and
                      you've always been able to make gay Sims.)

                      > Just my ramble-y two cents.
                      >
                      > Deb
                      >
                      > "Treat no one lightly; think nothing is useless, for everyone has one's
                      moment, and everything has its place"

                      > -Pirkei Avot

                      <mailto:Flewelling-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
                      <mailto:Flewelling-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
                      > List owner: Flewelling-owner@yahoogroups.com
                      <mailto:Flewelling-owner%40yahoogroups.com>

                    • Peter Andersson
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 7, 2009
                        Well, that says more about him(or Elves) since he says the same thing
                        if you have sex with him as a female character ;)

                        But both as male and female you can have a relationship with him(and a
                        foursome if you play your cards right/wrong)