Re: Editing (Was: White Road Mega Snippet)

    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 27, 2009
      ah i was actually just talking about bad words, wrong words or mispelled words ;-) but nvm, not writing fiction anyhow xD

      --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Wendy Williams <wacwil@...> wrote:

      > Well, they say the more sets of eyes the better. :) It might not just
      > be words spelt wrong they're finding too, sentence structure, which is
      > something I seem to have poor skills in, is another thing that someone
      > will look at and maybe another won't. So say, you friend finds you
      > spelt a word wrong, and corrects that, and then you're editor reads
      > the same area and finds that the sentence structure is wrong, but all
      > the words are right. So yeah... if that all makes sense.
      >
      > That's one of the reasons I like to hand write things first. Because
      > it helps me to get all my ideas down and then the first editing I do
      > is when I type it up from paper. Not only does the computer correct my
      > spelling, but I pick up areas when I could have worded things better
      > myself. I sadly haven't gotten further then that though cause I'm yet
      > to finish a story I want to get published. :(
      >
      > This has been bought to you by Wednesday
      >
      > My Web site: http://web.me.com/wwnwil1986/myWorld-wen/My_world.html
      >

      > On 27/10/2009, at 9:05 PM, noerml wrote:
      >
      > > Lol...poor Lynn ;-)
      > >
      > > But speaking for myself I have to admit that my mistakes are usually
      > > worse. When i'm done with a book/essay whatever I usally print it
      > > out and find like millions of mistakes. So after correcting them I
      > > would hand the draft to a friend or whoever has time to read it and
      > > he or she finds another million mistakes. So when it finally reaches
      > > my editor one would think that it was totally devoid of mistakes,
      > > but she finds another million. Which always makes me wonder...how
      > > many words in the very first version were actually correct.

    • Tahra
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 7, 2010
        Ok, I only now got around to the snippet... Better late than never, right?

        Comments below. I apologize if these were mentioned before.

        Also, I only read Shadows once, so if things happened there that I don't
        remember... oh well. ;)

        _____