RE: [Flewelling] Re: Avast ye scurvy dogs!

  • Wolf SilverOak
    Message 1 of 49 , Aug 13, 2009
      For what it's worth- I HATE Ebooks.

      I prefer to be able to hold a real book, smell that new paper smell and feel
      the weight of it in my hands. It's a tactile thing.

      -Wolf

      Semper Fi, Once a Marine, Always a Marine.
      Without Chaos, there can be no Order.
      http://wolfsilveroak.insanejournal.com- Wolf's Den blog
      http://wolfsilveroak.deviantart.com- DeviantArt page
      http://www.1000markets.com/users/dantesspirit - Dante's Spirit at
      1000Markets
      http://DantesSpirit.etsy.com - Dante's Spirit Etsy Shop

      Message 49 of 49 , Aug 19, 2009
        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Angie Fiedler Sutton <bakabard@...> wrote:

        > And am curious, Lynn, if that AppleTV was what you were talking about on how to watch iTunes purchases, as I was slightly miffed when I bought "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" through iTunes only to find out I could ONLY watch it through iTunes.

        Yes, I think that's what it's called.

        >>I didn't mind buying the DVD, as I wanted to support this specific project of Whedon's - AND I wanted the musical commentary - but at the same time, it ticked me off that I did have to buy it twice.....

        It's all a matter of which technology you use, I guess. I use our DVR a lot, but I can only watch what I record on it, on it, whereas if I use a video tape, I can move it around. Then again, I can only play it on a VHS player. iTunes is what it is. I think if you buy a copy of a show, it's yours forever, though they do have a rental service, too. It's still cheaper to use Netflix for renting, though, at least for me.