Re: Avast ye scurvy dogs!

  • sue
    Message 1 of 49 , Aug 13 2:40 PM
      I have another view. I love having a physical copy of a book or music in my possession. Although I have only downloaded freely offered books at no cost, I have bought many e books and where possible have also bought the hard copy of the book of those I have liked. Buying one track on a cd of music has often prompted me to buy the entire album, buying one book by an author I have enjoyed reading has prompted me to buy a lot more. I dont think I am one of a few who like being able to see a book or a cd in their collection regardless of the bookcases I have to have lining the walls.
      Nowhere would I however condone taking an author's work without permission.
    • flewelling.lynn
      Message 49 of 49 , Aug 19 11:00 AM
        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Angie Fiedler Sutton <bakabard@...> wrote:

        > And am curious, Lynn, if that AppleTV was what you were talking about on how to watch iTunes purchases, as I was slightly miffed when I bought "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" through iTunes only to find out I could ONLY watch it through iTunes.

        Yes, I think that's what it's called.

        >>I didn't mind buying the DVD, as I wanted to support this specific project of Whedon's - AND I wanted the musical commentary - but at the same time, it ticked me off that I did have to buy it twice.....

        It's all a matter of which technology you use, I guess. I use our DVR a lot, but I can only watch what I record on it, on it, whereas if I use a video tape, I can move it around. Then again, I can only play it on a VHS player. iTunes is what it is. I think if you buy a copy of a show, it's yours forever, though they do have a rental service, too. It's still cheaper to use Netflix for renting, though, at least for me.