Re: [Flewelling] Songs (was Hello...)

  • Bampton, Naomi Ruth - BAMNR001
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2000
      FireDreamer said:

      >Anyone else ever hear a song and it remind you of fictional characters?
      > ^_^'

      Tons! But the major one is every single time I hear Greensleeves, I recall Sir
      Matthew Mantrell, Lord Wizard of Merovence. Maybe it's just that he uses it as
      the basis for so many spells, but whenever I hear it, (in any version), I
      automatically think of Alisande throwing him into the dungeon at the beginning
      of The Oathbound Wizard.[1] Although I actually prefer Saul as a character,
      Matt being a wee bit too goody goody for me!

      [1] Christopher Stasheff's "A Wizard in Rhyme"
      1 - Her Majesty's Wizard
      2 - The Oathbound Wizard
      3 - The Witch Doctor[2]

      [2] And two more, which I haven't actually been able to find at all!!!!:-(

      naomi