I have too much time on my hands.

  • nakia_winere
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2008
      So over the last few years I've done far too much literary analysis
      and now the habit is imposing itself on my reading fiction.

      I reread the Tamir books after I found them in my basement and feel
      the need to ask whether or not Caliel was in (unrequited) love with
      Korin? My brain kept drawing odd parallels between their situation
      and the Rhius-Tharin backstory and now it's really bothering me.

      Another completely inconsequential question: when is Korin's
      birthday? Maybe it's in the books and I wasn't paying enough
      attention.
    • lynn.flewelling
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 21, 2008
        --- In Flewelling

        > I reread the Tamir books after I found them in my basement and feel
        > the need to ask whether or not Caliel was in (unrequited) love with
        > Korin? My brain kept drawing odd parallels between their situation
        > and the Rhius-Tharin backstory and now it's really bothering me.

        I don't think there was anything sexual between them, and certainly not on Korin's side. It is
        a platonic love that runs deep on Caliel's side, and is taken for granted by Korin.

        > Another completely inconsequential question: when is Korin's
        > birthday? Maybe it's in the books and I wasn't paying enough
        > attention.

        I don't remember! Typical of my swiss cheese brain.