Re: Trailer

  • noir.crosszeria
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 9, 2008
      I kind of agree. I have my own images of the characters, and
      sometimes casting ruins my image.

      I wouldn't mind seeing a trailer filled with all of the lovely fan
      art that has come through here (minus mine though; I don't feel they
      are up to par with others). Personally, I'd like to see a trailer
      filled with Mathia's art; that would be interesting. :)

      --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "dougplusjenny"
      <dougplusjenny@...> wrote:

      > I don't think a trailer would be a good idea. I though C.L.
      Wilson's
      > was a bit cheesy - the acting was so bad - that it would make me
      > embarrassed to read the books (although I will still read them!).
      >
      > I also like to create my own images of the characters but the
      trailer
      > takes that from you. Reading a book as opposed to watching a film is
      > all about using your own imagination to fill in the detail - making
      it
      > much more special in my opinion.
      >
      > I also never read the back cover of books as I don't want any of the
      > plot given away!
      >
      > However I guess you could do a more abstract trailer... somehow!
      >
      > Jenny
      >

      > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Dianna C" <mymail@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Actually I don't mean the teaser text at the end of a book, but a
      > "movie"
      > > trailer, with video and actors playing the roles of the
      characters:
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOsXPbfXa40
      > >
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04jw9Z0RTis
      > >
      > > I really hope we can see something like that with Alec and
      Seregil.
      > Either
      > > for The White Road or for the existing books.
      > >
      > > Dianna

    • dougplusjenny
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 9, 2008
        That would be a great idea! I can't find your fan art (sorry) so
        can't comment.

        My only draw back would be that the producers would have to make sure
        it didn't look like a kids book. I like my books to have adult themes
        ;) and would be put off if the trailer looked like a kids comic (no
        offense meant to anyone on here, only it's difficult to make
        animations look grown up).

        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "noir.crosszeria"

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 9, 2008
          Oh, that would be something I like, a trailer not with real people but
          like a cartoon or animated like "Corpse Bride".
          Animated fan art would be even better. :-)

          Tawariel

          noir.crosszeria schrieb:
          > I kind of agree. I have my own images of the characters, and
          > sometimes casting ruins my image.
          >
          > I wouldn't mind seeing a trailer filled with all of the lovely fan
          > art that has come through here (minus mine though; I don't feel they
          > are up to par with others). Personally, I'd like to see a trailer
          > filled with Mathia's art; that would be interesting. :)

        • lynn.flewelling
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 9, 2008
            The book trailers I've seen just use the cover art. Maybe a voice over, but no acting.

            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "dougplusjenny" <dougplusjenny@...> wrote:

            > I don't think a trailer would be a good idea. I though C.L. Wilson's
            > was a bit cheesy - the acting was so bad - that it would make me
            > embarrassed to read the books (although I will still read them!).
            >
            > I also like to create my own images of the characters but the trailer
            > takes that from you. Reading a book as opposed to watching a film is
            > all about using your own imagination to fill in the detail - making it
            > much more special in my opinion.
            >
            > I also never read the back cover of books as I don't want any of the
            > plot given away!
            >
            > However I guess you could do a more abstract trailer... somehow!
            >
            > Jenny
            >

            > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Dianna C" <mymail@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Actually I don't mean the teaser text at the end of a book, but a
            > "movie"
            > > trailer, with video and actors playing the roles of the characters:
            > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOsXPbfXa40
            > >
            > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04jw9Z0RTis
            > >
            > > I really hope we can see something like that with Alec and Seregil.
            > Either
            > > for The White Road or for the existing books.
            > >
            > > Dianna

          • dougplusjenny
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 10, 2008
              I can't remember seeing any book adds on UK TV. Here you just have to
              get on Richard and Judy - Day time chat show - they have a book club
              and every book they review is a best seller but I don't think they
              have ever done any fantasy.

              --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn.flewelling"