Some new questions reguarding Shadows Return....

  • Mercury
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 22, 2008
      I hate to do this after all this time but I just finished SR for the
      second time, after reading the rest of the series first this time, and
      I found a couple questions...
      1) In SR Magyana is not banished, which she clearly was in TM
      2)Thero owns Nysanders tower now? In TM it was given to another wizard.
      3)In TM Korathan tells Seregil that iot was Klias idea to stay in
      Aurenen, not Phorias, but in SR it stated multiply times that Phoria
      is keeping her there in exile.
      4)Korathan and Alec suddenly like eachother? I was under the
      impression that Kor didn't think much of Alec, from how he acted
      towards him in TM
      5)In TM Ulan is the one who appraoched Seregil about the plan to
      temporary open Gendre caused for the Gendre port to be opened but in
      SR he is all pissy about it and wants revenge on Seregil?
      6)later after saying alecs papa was torture it says he was killed by
      the hazad

      sorry for all the questions, goddess, but as a huge fan and obsessive
      reader of your books,
      I had to ask
      - mercury
    • noir.crosszeria
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 22, 2008
        I don't know about the other details - I'm in the midst of rereading
        the whole series (though the release of Brisingr is throwing a wrench
        into that machine) - but I know the bit about Alec's father has been
        brought up before.

        I'm sure Lynn is aware of most of the other changes. I can't blame
        her though; if I had written such an epic series, I'm sure I would
        have forgotten a great deal more.

        And I always thought Ulan was more than what he seemed or said.

        --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Mercury" <demosthenesmercury@...>
        wrote:

        > I hate to do this after all this time but I just finished SR for the
        > second time, after reading the rest of the series first this time,
        and
        > I found a couple questions...
        > 1) In SR Magyana is not banished, which she clearly was in TM
        > 2)Thero owns Nysanders tower now? In TM it was given to another
        wizard.
        > 3)In TM Korathan tells Seregil that iot was Klias idea to stay in
        > Aurenen, not Phorias, but in SR it stated multiply times that Phoria
        > is keeping her there in exile.
        > 4)Korathan and Alec suddenly like eachother? I was under the
        > impression that Kor didn't think much of Alec, from how he acted
        > towards him in TM
        > 5)In TM Ulan is the one who appraoched Seregil about the plan to
        > temporary open Gendre caused for the Gendre port to be opened but in
        > SR he is all pissy about it and wants revenge on Seregil?
        > 6)later after saying alecs papa was torture it says he was killed by
        > the hazad
        >
        > sorry for all the questions, goddess, but as a huge fan and
        obsessive
        > reader of your books,
        > I had to ask
        > - mercury

      • lynn.flewelling
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 23, 2008
          Some are errors, some are things that simply shifted. It was a long time between
          books.
          It's been tough getting back into that world. I hope it didn't ruin the story
          for you

          I'm beginning to think it was a mistake to try and continue the series.

          --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Mercury" <demosthenesmercury@...> wrote:

          > I hate to do this after all this time but I just finished SR for the
          > second time, after reading the rest of the series first this time, and
          > I found a couple questions...
          > 1) In SR Magyana is not banished, which she clearly was in TM
          > 2)Thero owns Nysanders tower now? In TM it was given to another wizard.
          > 3)In TM Korathan tells Seregil that iot was Klias idea to stay in
          > Aurenen, not Phorias, but in SR it stated multiply times that Phoria
          > is keeping her there in exile.
          > 4)Korathan and Alec suddenly like eachother? I was under the
          > impression that Kor didn't think much of Alec, from how he acted
          > towards him in TM
          > 5)In TM Ulan is the one who appraoched Seregil about the plan to
          > temporary open Gendre caused for the Gendre port to be opened but in
          > SR he is all pissy about it and wants revenge on Seregil?
          > 6)later after saying alecs papa was torture it says he was killed by
          > the hazad
          >
          > sorry for all the questions, goddess, but as a huge fan and obsessive
          > reader of your books,
          > I had to ask
          > - mercury

        • emily_dorckel
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 23, 2008
            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn.flewelling"
            <lbflewelling2@...> wrote:

            > Some are errors, some are things that simply shifted. It was a long
            time between
            > books.
            > It's been tough getting back into that world. I hope it didn't ruin
            the story
            > for you
            >
            > I'm beginning to think it was a mistake to try and continue the
            series.

            WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT ???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            I hope you're not serious !! :'-(
            If this is all about those small mistakes, I think even the greatest
            can't avoid them (and for us, you're one of them, no doubt about
            that !!) The great thing is to make others believe they were done on
            purpose ;-) (like "you don't know what I'm capable of yet...")
            No, seriously, this can't balance your talent to write such brilliant
            plots with such endearing characters. Every story I read ever since
            seems... I don't know... tasteless... (but I haven't given up hope ! ;-)
            And for me the most important thing is that your stories are inspiring.
            I think I'm not mistaken if I say that they gave a lot of us the
            willing to try to write our own little piece of work, or look at all
            the beautiful drawings they inspired our talented artists here...
            So, please, keep the faith !!!!
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 23, 2008
              Well, you could let us fans read a pre-version of the next book and
              check for continuity glitches...
              *whistles innocently* ;-)

              No, really, please, it was no mistake to continue this series. Some of
              us fans have waited a long time for it, from the first readers to those
              who found your books later through recommendations.

              We just puzzle a bit when we don't understand something. And let me
              thank you in the name of all your reader for taking the time to talk to
              us and explain. A lot of "big authors" don't bother.

              emily_dorckel schrieb:
              > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "lynn.flewelling"
              > <lbflewelling2@...> wrote:
              >
              >> Some are errors, some are things that simply shifted. It was a long
              >>
              > time between
              >
              >> books.
              >> It's been tough getting back into that world. I hope it didn't ruin
              >>
              > the story
              >
              >> for you
              >>
              >> I'm beginning to think it was a mistake to try and continue the
              >>
              > series.
              >
              > WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT ???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              > I hope you're not serious !! :'-(
              > If this is all about those small mistakes, I think even the greatest
              > can't avoid them (and for us, you're one of them, no doubt about
              > that !!) The great thing is to make others believe they were done on
              > purpose ;-) (like "you don't know what I'm capable of yet...")
              > No, seriously, this can't balance your talent to write such brilliant
              > plots with such endearing characters. Every story I read ever since
              > seems... I don't know... tasteless... (but I haven't given up hope ! ;-)
              > And for me the most important thing is that your stories are inspiring.
              > I think I'm not mistaken if I say that they gave a lot of us the
              > willing to try to write our own little piece of work, or look at all
              > the beautiful drawings they inspired our talented artists here...
              > So, please, keep the faith !!!!

            • Dale & Veronica Albers
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 23, 2008
                No!!!! Please don't quit on it.

                Veronica
                Some are errors, some are things that simply shifted. It was a long time between
                books.
                It's been tough getting back into that world. I hope it didn't ruin the story
                for you

                I'm beginning to think it was a mistake to try and continue the series.

                --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Mercury" <demosthenesmercury@...> wrote:

                > I hate to do this after all this time but I just finished SR for the
                > second time, after reading the rest of the series first this time, and
                > I found a couple questions...
                > 1) In SR Magyana is not banished, which she clearly was in TM
                > 2)Thero owns Nysanders tower now? In TM it was given to another wizard.
                > 3)In TM Korathan tells Seregil that iot was Klias idea to stay in
                > Aurenen, not Phorias, but in SR it stated multiply times that Phoria
                > is keeping her there in exile.
                > 4)Korathan and Alec suddenly like eachother? I was under the
                > impression that Kor didn't think much of Alec, from how he acted
                > towards him in TM
                > 5)In TM Ulan is the one who appraoched Seregil about the plan to
                > temporary open Gendre caused for the Gendre port to be opened but in
                > SR he is all pissy about it and wants revenge on Seregil?
                > 6)later after saying alecs papa was torture it says he was killed by
                > the hazad
                >
                > sorry for all the questions, goddess, but as a huge fan and obsessive
                > reader of your books,
                > I had to ask
                > - mercury

              • sandra626566
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 23, 2008
                  Hi Lynn, as your brand new (couple of messages ago) and avid fan, I
                  hope you do not decide to stop with the Nightrunner series but I
                  suppose there comes a time when it stops being fun to right about the
                  same characters after a while, for any writer. I have been reading
                  fantasy all my life but I have never come across any other characters
                  who have inspired such devotion in me and from reading so many other
                  posts, the result has been the same in oh so many people!

                  I'm still waiting for Shadows Return to arrive (hopefully this
                  morning) so I haven't read it yet but couldn't help reading a few of
                  the spoilers here and in your LiveJournal and have to admit that am
                  now rather worried that S&A's relationship has been damaged.

                  Let's face it, most of us read fantasy to escape and Seregil and
                  Alec's adventures and above all their relationship has certainly
                  helped us do that. I can only hope that you do not decide to call it
                  a day for Nightrunner but if you do please, please, please give us a
                  happy ending with Seregil and Alec together, no doubts, no
                  uncertainties. For me the way their relationship built up, their
                  complete trust and loyalty for each other developed and was earned and
                  their love felt so real, their passion so natural - and all of that is
                  down to how skilfully you wrote these books. You gave them and their
                  relationship life and substance to such a degree that you have us all
                  hanging on for more like lovesick fools so the fact that there might
                  have been some minor discrepancies is really nothing to worry about!!

                  Sandra
                • chandria03
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 23, 2008
                    no no no.please dont ever think it was a mistake to continue the
                    series.i couldnt live without the wonderful characters and everything

                    <lbflewelling2@...> wrote:

                    > Some are errors, some are things that simply shifted. It was a long
                    time between
                    > books.
                    > It's been tough getting back into that world. I hope it didn't ruin
                    the story
                    > for you
                    >
                    > I'm beginning to think it was a mistake to try and continue the
                    series.

                    > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Mercury" <demosthenesmercury@>
                    wrote:

                    > > I hate to do this after all this time but I just finished SR for
                    the
                    > > second time, after reading the rest of the series first this
                    time, and
                    > > I found a couple questions...
                    > > 1) In SR Magyana is not banished, which she clearly was in TM
                    > > 2)Thero owns Nysanders tower now? In TM it was given to another
                    wizard.
                    > > 3)In TM Korathan tells Seregil that iot was Klias idea to stay in
                    > > Aurenen, not Phorias, but in SR it stated multiply times that
                    Phoria
                    > > is keeping her there in exile.
                    > > 4)Korathan and Alec suddenly like eachother? I was under the
                    > > impression that Kor didn't think much of Alec, from how he acted
                    > > towards him in TM
                    > > 5)In TM Ulan is the one who appraoched Seregil about the plan to
                    > > temporary open Gendre caused for the Gendre port to be opened but
                    in
                    > > SR he is all pissy about it and wants revenge on Seregil?
                    > > 6)later after saying alecs papa was torture it says he was killed
                    by
                    > > the hazad
                    > >
                    > > sorry for all the questions, goddess, but as a huge fan and
                    obsessive
                    > > reader of your books,
                    > > I had to ask
                    > > - mercury

                  • raezyn101
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 23, 2008
                      Not at all! You're a goddess to us all for a reason. We all enjoy
                      your books sooo much. All of my friends are having it forced on them
                      because it easily became my favorite series. After such a long period
                      of time, it's only natural to make mistakes! If you hadn't, boy, it
                      would have been the oddest of things.
                      So please don't think it was a mistake to continue! As long as you're
                      enjoying writing about them, then it wasn't a mistake--because we
                      more than enjoy reading about Alec, Seregil, Micum, ect ect. Your
                      books lift my spirits, along with the Tamír Triad, whenever I'm down.
                      I'm even weird enough to carry around a ring with a leaf tangled into
                      wire because it reminds me of Auren Silverleaf. *wink*

                      Not only are your books amazing, and the wait between them harder
                      than any other book, but the way you talk to us in between the waits
                      makes it all the better.
                      So thank you for writing the books and being so amazing to us!

                      <lbflewelling2@...> wrote:

                      > Some are errors, some are things that simply shifted. It was a long
                      time between
                      > books.
                      > It's been tough getting back into that world. I hope it didn't ruin
                      the story
                      > for you
                      >
                      > I'm beginning to think it was a mistake to try and continue the
                      series.

                      > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Mercury" <demosthenesmercury@>
                      wrote:

                      > > I hate to do this after all this time but I just finished SR for
                      the
                      > > second time, after reading the rest of the series first this
                      time, and
                      > > I found a couple questions...
                      > > 1) In SR Magyana is not banished, which she clearly was in TM
                      > > 2)Thero owns Nysanders tower now? In TM it was given to another
                      wizard.
                      > > 3)In TM Korathan tells Seregil that iot was Klias idea to stay in
                      > > Aurenen, not Phorias, but in SR it stated multiply times that
                      Phoria
                      > > is keeping her there in exile.
                      > > 4)Korathan and Alec suddenly like eachother? I was under the
                      > > impression that Kor didn't think much of Alec, from how he acted
                      > > towards him in TM
                      > > 5)In TM Ulan is the one who appraoched Seregil about the plan to
                      > > temporary open Gendre caused for the Gendre port to be opened but
                      in
                      > > SR he is all pissy about it and wants revenge on Seregil?
                      > > 6)later after saying alecs papa was torture it says he was killed
                      by
                      > > the hazad
                      > >
                      > > sorry for all the questions, goddess, but as a huge fan and
                      obsessive
                      > > reader of your books,
                      > > I had to ask
                      > > - mercury

                    • Boris Sbarufatti
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 23, 2008
                        On Sep 23, 2008, at 9:53 AM, lynn.flewelling wrote:
                        > Some are errors, some are things that simply shifted. It was a long
                        > time between
                        > books.
                        > It's been tough getting back into that world. I hope it didn't ruin
                        > the story
                        > for you
                        >
                        > I'm beginning to think it was a mistake to try and continue the
                        > series.

                        Absolutely NOT. And fromwhat I see,most of us feel the same way. I
                        have just finished to reply to a friend on an Italian form about SR,
                        she was very happy about it and about the fact that for the sequel we
                        have to wait only one year. She sorely missed Alec and Seregil (me too!)

                        So don't think it was a mistake. I believe it was not.

                        Cheers,
                        Boris

                        > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Mercury"
                        > <demosthenesmercury@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I hate to do this after all this time but I just finished SR for the
                        > > second time, after reading the rest of the series first this
                        > time, and
                        > > I found a couple questions...
                        > > 1) In SR Magyana is not banished, which she clearly was in TM
                        > > 2)Thero owns Nysanders tower now? In TM it was given to another
                        > wizard.
                        > > 3)In TM Korathan tells Seregil that iot was Klias idea to stay in
                        > > Aurenen, not Phorias, but in SR it stated multiply times that Phoria
                        > > is keeping her there in exile.
                        > > 4)Korathan and Alec suddenly like eachother? I was under the
                        > > impression that Kor didn't think much of Alec, from how he acted
                        > > towards him in TM
                        > > 5)In TM Ulan is the one who appraoched Seregil about the plan to
                        > > temporary open Gendre caused for the Gendre port to be opened but in
                        > > SR he is all pissy about it and wants revenge on Seregil?
                        > > 6)later after saying alecs papa was torture it says he was killed by
                        > > the hazad
                        > >
                        > > sorry for all the questions, goddess, but as a huge fan and
                        > obsessive
                        > > reader of your books,
                        > > I had to ask
                        > > - mercury

                      • Mercury
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 23, 2008
                          NO! It is awesome that you continued! I need your books to survive,
                          Lynn! Its okay, I understand how it is hard to get back into something
                          after such a long break and I love shadows return! don't let it get
                          you down when we get nit picky, its only cause we are so obsessive.
                          -mercury

                          <lbflewelling2@...> wrote:

                          > Some are errors, some are things that simply shifted. It was a long
                          time between
                          > books.
                          > It's been tough getting back into that world. I hope it didn't ruin
                          the story
                          > for you
                          >
                          > I'm beginning to think it was a mistake to try and continue the series.
                          >

                          > --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Mercury" <demosthenesmercury@>
                          wrote:

                          > > I hate to do this after all this time but I just finished SR for the
                          > > second time, after reading the rest of the series first this time, and
                          > > I found a couple questions...
                          > > 1) In SR Magyana is not banished, which she clearly was in TM
                          > > 2)Thero owns Nysanders tower now? In TM it was given to another
                          wizard.
                          > > 3)In TM Korathan tells Seregil that iot was Klias idea to stay in
                          > > Aurenen, not Phorias, but in SR it stated multiply times that Phoria
                          > > is keeping her there in exile.
                          > > 4)Korathan and Alec suddenly like eachother? I was under the
                          > > impression that Kor didn't think much of Alec, from how he acted
                          > > towards him in TM
                          > > 5)In TM Ulan is the one who appraoched Seregil about the plan to
                          > > temporary open Gendre caused for the Gendre port to be opened but in
                          > > SR he is all pissy about it and wants revenge on Seregil?
                          > > 6)later after saying alecs papa was torture it says he was killed by
                          > > the hazad
                          > >
                          > > sorry for all the questions, goddess, but as a huge fan and obsessive
                          > > reader of your books,
                          > > I had to ask
                          > > - mercury

                        • shannon wilson
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 24, 2008
                            Ah come on Goddess, really, it was no mistake.
                            I love coming back to NR books when I've got nothing else to do. lol.
                            And I'm so looking forward to the next book......... :)

                            Shan*

                            Some are errors, some are things that simply shifted. It was a long time between
                            books.
                            It's been tough getting back into that world. I hope it didn't ruin the story
                            for you

                            I'm beginning to think it was a mistake to try and continue the series.

                            --- In Flewelling@yahoogro ups.com, "Mercury" <demosthenesmercury @...> wrote:

                            > I hate to do this after all this time but I just finished SR for the
                            > second time, after reading the rest of the series first this time, and
                            > I found a couple questions...
                            > 1) In SR Magyana is not banished, which she clearly was in TM
                            > 2)Thero owns Nysanders tower now? In TM it was given to another wizard.
                            > 3)In TM Korathan tells Seregil that iot was Klias idea to stay in
                            > Aurenen, not Phorias, but in SR it stated multiply times that Phoria
                            > is keeping her there in exile.
                            > 4)Korathan and Alec suddenly like eachother? I was under the
                            > impression that Kor didn't think much of Alec, from how he acted
                            > towards him in TM
                            > 5)In TM Ulan is the one who appraoched Seregil about the plan to
                            > temporary open Gendre caused for the Gendre port to be opened but in
                            > SR he is all pissy about it and wants revenge on Seregil?
                            > 6)later after saying alecs papa was torture it says he was killed by
                            > the hazad
                            >
                            > sorry for all the questions, goddess, but as a huge fan and obsessive
                            > reader of your books,
                            > I had to ask
                            > - mercury

                            Need a holiday? Check out Yahoo!Xtra Travel - http://nz.travel.yahoo.com/

                          • Silbran
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 25, 2008
                              So many fans enjoying your books would be disappointed if you didn't continue.
                              You did fine and its a great pleasure to have those stories.

                              Take a look here:
                              http://www.moviemistakes.com
                              You will find virtually thousands of mistakes in hundreds of films who slipped through the
                              tight attention of filmmakers and their whole stuff.
                              Is LOTR less enjoyable just because ists listed with more than 50 errors?

                              Nobody is perfect and only those who do nothing at all do not make mistakes.