New Design at the Nightrunner shop

  • lynn.flewelling
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 14, 2008
      The third and final design by Robert Place is complete and items are available at the shop. It's
      the Nightrunner Emblem.

      http://www.cafepress.com/flewelling
    • Brenda Bronson

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 15, 2008
          --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Brenda Bronson" <wolfsbabe_84@...> wrote:

          > what a way to promote lynn's books. :) go around with one of those tote bags that have her
          books on them and what do you know a walking promotion :-D :-P (I'm all for promoting
          and with the new law going into effect in Jan, people will want more tote bags unless they
          want to pay for plastic bags....)

          I can vouch for the utility of the totes. I carried 12 pounds of oranges, veggies and flowers
          half a mile the other day and the bag held up perfectly. :-)
        • Cess Van
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 15, 2008
            --- In Flewelling@yahoogro ups.com, "Brenda Bronson" <wolfsbabe_84@ ...> wrote:

            > what a way to promote lynn's books. :) go around with one of those tote bags that have her
            books on them and what do you know a walking promotion :-D :-P (I'm all for promoting
            and with the new law going into effect in Jan, people will want more tote bags unless they
            want to pay for plastic bags....)

            what new law???
          • Dale & Veronica Albers
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 15, 2008
              Haven't you heard? the World is going Anti Plastic Bags. In Toronto Canada, they are thinking about going anti coffee cups( it's bring your cup), take out containers~ I'm not too sure how they are going to work that one out, and in some provinces they are going Anti Water bottles too. But hey, think of all the seagulls we'll save by getting rid of the plastic bags. Okay I know they kill other animals too, but it would be easier if I could just remember to grab my non plastic bags before I load up my cart, and am waiting in the cashier line. Duh.

              Have a good night all.

              Veronica

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 16, 2008
                We've got two totes from my work (office depot) that I got for free so we're a step ahead when we need them. I should get one of yours lynn. and leave one of them in my car. I've had to move the bag I use for the gym off of the basket I use to put it on because my cat has decided to use it as a bed and there is no room for gym bag, purse and cat. So cat and purse win. :-D

                Do the profits from the site go straight to you? So everything buy helps you out in some small way?

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 16, 2008
                  their going to start taxing for plastic bags so stores will either not use them or we get charged for them. they're trying to discourage their use because once their trash they stay that way forever and not enough people recycle them only 1% do currently. they don't degrad or anything so we'll all need to start using the reusable (cloth) bags or paper bags that do degrad after use. No plastic bags means no extra costs to us. That's the way I understand it. I know some people don't like it but I figure I can get the cloth bags and do my share and avoid the plastic bags so I a.) help our earth and b.) save money. I'm all for saving money if you ask me.

                  http://www.qgazette.com/news/2008/0730/Political_Page/

                  http://nweps.wordpress.com/2008/08/13/california-plastic-bag-ban-update/

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 17, 2008
                    --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, "Brenda Bronson" <wolfsbabe_84@...> wrote:

                    > We've got two totes from my work (office depot) that I got for free so we're a step ahead
                    > Do the profits from the site go straight to you? So everything buy helps you out in some
                    small way?

                    Yep!

                  • Firesong
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 19, 2008
                      In Germany, plastic bags in supermarkets have cost money for some
                      years now. And you can buy both tote bags and sturdy recycled paper
                      bags instead of the plastic ones at some classier supermarkets. Many
                      retail stores use paper bags as well. I really think twice about
                      buying a plastic bag, when I forgot to bring one of my own.
                      After all, plastic is made of mineral oil as well, and the sooner we
                      reduce the oil-based stuff, the better.

                      Anja

                      Am 16.09.2008 um 11:11 schrieb Brenda Bronson:

                      > their going to start taxing for plastic bags so stores will either
                      > not use them or we get charged for them. they're trying to
                      > discourage their use because once their trash they stay that way
                      > forever and not enough people recycle them only 1% do currently.
                      > they don't degrad or anything so we'll all need to start using the
                      > reusable (cloth) bags or paper bags that do degrad after use. No
                      > plastic bags means no extra costs to us. That's the way I
                      > understand it. I know some people don't like it but I figure I can
                      > get the cloth bags and do my share and avoid the plastic bags so I
                      > a.) help our earth and b.) save money. I'm all for saving money if
                      > you ask me.
                      >
                      > http://www.qgazette.com/news/2008/0730/Political_Page/
                      >
                      > http://nweps.wordpress.com/2008/08/13/california-plastic-bag-ban-
                      > update/

                    • Brenda Bronson
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 19, 2008
                        I didn't know it was made of mineral oil to. It's a good point. My dad thinks markets might start offering good prices on the materal bags when it's finally time to switch over so I think it's safe to say we're going to be getting some. It's just a matter of when. We've got two now. We got them from my work for free so it's a start.