Questions^^;;

  • euphoricsuffering
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 29, 2008
      To Lady Flewelling and anyone who can hazard a guess.

      Spoilers! Spoilers! Spoilers! Spoilers! Spoilers! Spoilers! Spoilers!
      Spoilers! Spoilers! Spoilers! Spoilers! Spoilers! Spoilers! Spoilers!

      To Lady Flewelling and anyone who can hazard a guess.
      I was rereading Traitor's Moon this afternoon and I got to the part
      where Thero was bitten by a dragon on his scrotum. Before that, the
      rhui'auros said that the "wizards of Skala would be made whole." Does
      this particular prophecy have something to do with Thero being bitten
      by the dragon? Does this also have something to do with the wizards
      not being able to procreate before: was this the part that made them
      unwhole?

      Second question has something to do with Shadows Return and Sebrahn.
      I know he'll only feed from Alec's blood. What I'm not sure of is
      whether he needs the Hazadrilfaie blood or whether he can also feed
      from Alec's Tir blood. This got me thinking because Alec once said,
      in page 471 Chapter 43, Alec said "'It's like he's pulling the
      Hazadrielfaie out of me,'" when Sebrahn was feeding from him. Can
      this be interpreted literally? And if so, will he take out all of
      Alec's Hazad blood? What happens when Sebrahn pulls out Alec's Hazad
      blood? Can Sebrahn be sustained by just feeding from Alec's Tir
      blood? Will Alec become all Tir then when/if Sebrahn takes out all of
      Alec's Hazad blood? Am I just blowing this out of proportion...?
    • Michelle
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 29, 2008
        Spooooooooooooooooooilery!

        Though my words alone aren't so spoilery.

        -Michelle

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 29, 2008

          Well, not really spoilery, but I know how it is not wanting to know ANYTHING about something I haven't read yet.

          Anyhoo, a really weird question has been nibbling on my brain. I have no idea why, but that's the way my inquisitive little writer brain works. When was the story of Sebrahn conceived? Did you (the goddess, of course) have that whole thing in mind when you wrote that particular prophecy of Alec's child? Or was it written first, and you came up with what it meant later for the new book? Juuust wondering. The second one is totally something I would do. lol

        • lynn.flewelling
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
            --- In Flewelling@yahoogroups.com, Tina <sith_jester@...> wrote:

            > Well, not really spoilery, but I know how it is not wanting to know ANYTHING about
            something I haven't read yet.

            > Anyhoo, a really weird question has been nibbling on my brain. I have no idea why, but
            that's the way my inquisitive little writer brain works. When was the story of Sebrahn
            conceived? Did you (the goddess, of course) have that whole thing in mind when you
            wrote that particular prophecy of Alec's child? Or was it written first, and you came up with
            what it meant later for the new book? Juuust wondering. The second one is totally
            something I would do. lol

            That's an excellent, writerly question. :-) I didn't have any clear idea of exactly what the
            prophecy meant when I wrote it, but knew I wanted to do something weird that would
            connect back to his heritage.
          • Presbyterian Choir
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
              Thanks Lynn and Tina!  That crossed my mind as well... I am glad you asked Tina!

              Will

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
                Thanks, both of you! :D

                Date: Monday, June 30, 2008, 9:49 AM